PDA

View Full Version : Nother Kroger Vent

flute
01-25-2004, 03:43 AM
I know, it's my fault for walking into the store. :rolleyes:
But, I did it, cus I didn't wanna give my grocery $ to Wal*Mart. (Mike wanted a DVD and I knew kroger sometimes carried them)

So, we go through the grocery line & get out of the store. Mike asks if the cashier had taken off the coupon for the sausage. I said "o I have to look at the recipt, why didn't I do that earlier?" Cus you always have to at Kroger, very rare instance when everything is correct. (mike & I even have a joke about it, we notice one particular checker there when things ring up incorrectly, and we usually say "better check the recipt, she was there today". we just happen to notice her, she has nothing to do with the discrepencies.)

Not only did she NOT take off the coupon, but the dog food rang up $1 more. So I go in & say "this this & this, can I have a comment card?" cus I'm sick of this. This is just uncalled for when you constantly have to watch a store. Another gripe of mine is that, things are constantly out of place, if you see a sign for "milk $1.88" you best look at how many ounces or half gallon/what EXACTLY is on sale so you can find the item. (happened more than once.)

So I go there & she hands me back $8.99 I say "I don't want to return the item, I just want to get the difference back" and she says "we have a scan right rule, if it doesn't scan correctly, you get the item for free." First time I've heard of this, in all the times something hasn't rang up right. LOL. (NO NOT first time I've ever had to point out a price difference)

I am going to have SUCH FUN on that comment card!
It has seriously come to the point where we say "why do we go to Kroger anymore?" Why? And, this takes $ away from isabel, the way I see it, she gets at least half of our change. I mean, to take from me I'mnot happy enough, to take from my baby! grrr :rolleyes: :eek: :D :p :mad:

karefree
01-25-2004, 06:10 AM
My Kroger has done this for years. What amazes me is when you go to the service desk to get the corrections made, they refund the entire price and 3 days later the same thing is still ringing up wrong. I don't know. Seems like somebody, somewhere in the chain is not doing their job.

flute
01-25-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by karefree
, they refund the entire price and 3 days later the same thing is still ringing up wrong. I don't know. Seems like somebody, somewhere in the chain is not doing their job.

EXACTLY! Except this is the first time to get my full $$ back.
I mean seriously! Grrr...

OMG The first time they made me mad was when I returned a box of cereal, it was really $5.99 so I got back $5.99 and I asked about the sales tax & was told "we don't give that back."
Then the next time, I got it back & I was given the sales tax back & I tried to tell them, but you don't give back the sales tax, last time I was here, you didn't.

And the lady said "we always do, what do you want me to do about it" OMG :mad:

flute
01-25-2004, 06:39 AM
zitra, are you positive? You check your recipts like a hawk? ;) :D
Just askin.

karefree
01-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Zitra, I have heard the managers of the stores are responsible to putting the prices into the computers but I am not sure if that is true. Anyway, whoever is responsible for pricing at the store you frequent is doing their job. It has happened everywhere I shop in Georgia. It amazes me how many people don't even glance at their receipts. I was charged once $99 for a 99 cents bag of potatoes. That was all it took. I don't care if it is 99 cents of $99 overcharge though. I just want to get the price that is either reflected on the shelf or in the sale paper. I go back at Wal-Mart about half of the time and at Kroger it happens about 3/4's of the time. I also understand what Flute is saying about the items being above the wrong shelf tag. That happens all the time at Kroger.

YankeeMary
01-25-2004, 08:21 AM
We have no trouble at our Krogers either...my hubby adores Kroger...tee hee...we love our Krogers and our Walmart.

ckerr4
01-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by karefree
Zitra, I have heard the managers of the stores are responsible to putting the prices into the computers but I am not sure if that is true. Anyway, whoever is responsible for pricing at the store you frequent is doing their job.

My husband is a asst. store director at a grocery store (not a kroger, lol). Usually, there is a pricing manager, with at least one or more people who help him or her put in all new prices and pricing changes in the computer and on the shelves (the tags). And then a regular manager will check those prices randomly during the day. I know, becuase almost every time I go to the store, I see my husband with the scan gun, checking prices (checking up on his pricing team, basically). And the store gets audited by a person who's job it is to check for pricing, among other things, periodically, and they get in a lot of trouble if their prices are off.

Of course, it may be completely different with Kroger, but this is a comparable chain, in terms of volume, visibility, etc.

llbriteyes
01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Ok.... My turn to gripe about them both.

Kroger: I have always shopped our local Kroger, and have never had a problem. Except for NOW. Does anyone else notice that Kroger's produce has gone downhill? I did my grocery shopping Friday, and couldn't even find good enough vegetables to make a salad with. I have SEEN them just putting produce out, and it looks like its been there a week or so.

WalMart: My local WalMart is becoming a Super WalMart. Yay for me! However, at this time, everything is everywhere. You can't find a darn thing. I spent 2 1/2 hours in there this morning. The GOOD part was, there were clearances EVERYWHERE, too. The bad part about that is that there were many MANY items not even priced. I bought lots of womens shirts for $3.00 each. One I even found for $1.00.

I can't wait til they get this thing done. Its been MONTHS. I hope their produce is a lot better.

Linda

silvermist
01-25-2004, 05:28 PM
I like my Walmart and Target. I've never had problems with them but I guess it's cause I don't really use coupons anyway. There's rare occasions but they have cheaper prices than mostly anywhere anyway and figure either way I'm saving more there than elsewhere. Both places are pretty clean and always got what I need. target prob more for the clothes and books and walmart I use more for the huge food variety and other household things.

ebgreen74
01-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by llbriteyes
Ok.... My turn to gripe about them both.

Kroger: I have always shopped our local Kroger, and have never had a problem. Except for NOW. Does anyone else notice that Kroger's produce has gone downhill? I did my grocery shopping Friday, and couldn't even find good enough vegetables to make a salad with. I have SEEN them just putting produce out, and it looks like its been there a week or so.

WalMart: My local WalMart is becoming a Super WalMart. Yay for me! However, at this time, everything is everywhere. You can't find a darn thing. I spent 2 1/2 hours in there this morning. The GOOD part was, there were clearances EVERYWHERE, too. The bad part about that is that there were many MANY items not even priced. I bought lots of womens shirts for $3.00 each. One I even found for $1.00.

I can't wait til they get this thing done. Its been MONTHS. I hope their produce is a lot better.

Linda

Yes actually I just bought some grapes from Kroger a couple of days ago and they are all ready rotten. Grapes usually keep for quite a while so I have no clue why this happened this time.

I do normally like Kroger though and as long as i remember to look at my receipt, I don't mind if something rings up wrong since I get it for free and my money refunded on the item as well.