PDA

View Full Version : Are you a redneck?

evrita
01-24-2004, 09:46 AM
You might be Redneck if.......

There's no record of your birth - anywhere.

You've ever watched a tornado from a lawn chair.

You've ever used duct tape to repair dental work.

People see your sunglasses lying on the counter and their first thought
is, "Elvis is alive!"

You carry Ziploc bags in your purse for leftovers.

You've ever followed a fire truck as entertainment.

The local police go on alert during your Super Bowl party.

You've ever introduced someone as "my court appointed lawyer."

Nobody can rebuild an engine like your mama.

You said your wedding vows while watching a football game out of the
corner of your eye.

There's a jukebox at your church.

While duck-walking to get a new roll of toilet paper, you stumble into
your wife's Bible study meeting.

Every workday ends with the same argument about who gets to ride in the
cab of the truck.

You've ever lost your wife in a poker game.

lassss
01-24-2004, 09:49 AM
hehheheh those are new ones

gloria96
01-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Do this all the time. Always like to get any of our left over rolls when we go to Ryans.

You've ever followed a fire truck as entertainment.
Did this one time. went to watch a trailer burn(nobody lived in it)
The fire dept was on the corner of our street.

nanajoanie
01-24-2004, 07:32 PM

That's what I actually do. I gather up the salt/pepper/sugar/catsup packets and crackers if available. Does that make me a thief or a cleptomanic:):):) Loved this post:):):)

tsquared
01-24-2004, 07:39 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM Nana we need to have a serious talk....lol
great post......i carry a roll of duct tape on my belt.....not...

nanajoanie
01-24-2004, 08:16 PM
T why do we need to have a 'talk'. Bet I have cupboards more full than yours and more pennies in my purse:):):)

nanajoanie
01-24-2004, 08:19 PM
T besides, they are free if you eat them there in the restaurant. Some restaurants even offer 'doggie bags'. Well our doggie doesn't eat that stuff so she shares it with us:):):) Most restaurant food is overpriced garbage to 'they owe me':):):)

tsquared
01-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Nana i am ashamed at you.....no one owes us anything.....we work hard for all we get .....sorry i just had to say that.....i guess i just look at it a different way.....

nanajoanie
01-24-2004, 10:25 PM
T I worked in restaurants for years as a waitress. I know that type of work is very difficult and at the same time very rewarding. I'm sure the same holds true for other professions. Please don't be ashamed of me - I'm an old lady:) It's not nice to be unkind to Nana's, Granny's, Meemaws, Grams's, etc. or whatever you call us.

Judy
01-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Right now my neck is very RED because of this gosh forsaken cold here in the frozen tundra of New England.
I CANNOT wait to move down south :)
Have a great day ;)

Judy

NINK
01-25-2004, 01:25 PM
While duck-walking to get a new roll of toilet paper, you stumble into
your wife's Bible study meeting.

that caught me as so funny, i was really lol! these are all new ones to me, they are pretty funny.

nanajoanie:
your not a rd neck, your frugal! red necks would actualy take real food and put it in a bag from a all you can eat buffet or take it off of other peoples plates! taking home your left over rolls is not a big deal, if you ask for a take home tray you can take home any left over food on your table even the rolls.

i took cost management classes for restaurant management and every time you buy a hamburger at mcdonalds the cost they have figured out includes so many packs of each condiment and napkins and everything. so technically you are paying for it, you don't have to feel bad for taking it. in fact i won't shop at restaurants that don't give free refills on pop because i know after all of the costs, including employee wages and electric and everything. it only costs them between 1 and 4 cents for each cup of pop. i think a company should value thier patrons more than they do 4 cents.