PDA

View Full Version : Yup hes lost it

evrita
01-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Hubby is on a drill with the FD and it is a Cold Water Rescue Drill and they will be in the gumby suits going in the water that has ice on it and it is gonna be -30 with wind chill. Yup all these years of going in the burning buildings I thought i had seen it all. I am hibernating today he is crazy lmbo :p :D

schsa
01-24-2004, 03:33 PM
And he is doing this on purpose? He wants to get wet and freeze? Firemen are a bit strange...

evrita
01-24-2004, 03:53 PM
He was wearing a special suit but it was still cold outside and yes he did this on pourpose and I found a Tee shirt that was perfect for me it says my next husband will be normal lol

FreeIs4Me
01-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by schsa
And he is doing this on purpose? He wants to get wet and freeze? Firemen are a bit strange...

I am sure they don't WANT to be doing it - but when someone needs to be rescued in these conditions that FD will be prepared!!

Not that I would want to have to be rescued, but if I did I would rather be rescued by a FD who knows what to do rather than one that is just standing there saying "What do we do now? We never had to do that before!"

Kudos to your FD! :D

nanajoanie
01-24-2004, 07:48 PM
FD folks are the tops in our book. They helped us put out a kitchen fire a few years ago when I was on crutches and I was so in a panic. Hubby remained so calm, sent me outside til they got here. They were wonderful...KUDOS!!! to all of them.