PDA

View Full Version : AHRGGGGGGG ok i feel better now

sahmsfreeb
01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
well i just get the award for over using and abusing the vent forum but this has been a crappy weird week.

saturday night dh and i go along with other women friends and their spouses to a birthday party saturday night.
mary is making all the food for her party. it is a party for her dh who is turning 40.
she is making every thing from scratch and let me tell ya quality food too. homemade vodka sauce and homemade antipasto etc...booze booze booze...!!! good stuff too! i saw what she bought!

well here is the vent... some of us gals (spouses tag along lol) thought that if our 4 families got together for a gift that it would be a niceer gift.
i said ok im in... i told them that im willing to go as high as 50 60 bucks...maybe higher... heck mary has been a good friend to me and has helped me... shes not my best friend but a QUALITY friend.

first THEY wanted to get him a massage ...
i agreed i didnt want to rock the boat although i thought the idea was a bit cheesy...
then THEY said pda... i said ok again..
then THEY changed their mind to a digital camera.. when i say THEY it is just 2 out of the 4 calling the shots..

so i said ok again...
i find on sale a really nice dig cam the sony dscp32 for 200bucks. with a free 64 MB memory
they all agree... i say ok ill get it friday...

i get a call this morning that one person(friend 1) thinks her share is too much money.. so i say hey.. ill pay your difference dont sweat it..
then she says "oh i feel like a shmuck..."

so instead of all of us putting in 50 bucks we are putting in 40 bucks... her excuse wasnt even finances... it was that she didnt know mary and the dh as well as we knew them...

i am just mad at that comment...you are going to a nice party where the food is gonna be xcellent! mary can cook!!!!! she should be a caterer...
so now friend 2 is getting a hp435 camera for 150.
i just feel like they are being cheap.. not frugal..
friend 4 has no clue what just transpired over the last 12 hours....
she said she was willing to pay up to 100 bucks for her share...

then the lcd in my sanyo 6400 phone broke... phone still works.. grrrr

DH says im caustic around electronics...

and kaptain kangaroo died today...

ok done now i feel a bit better.. dh says im overreacting.. im sure he is right... i guess im upset more over the loyalty issue.. plus i dont like to look cheap.. I am proud of being frugal tho... i just am hurt cause i wonder if they treat mary and her dh like that i wonder what they think of me...

ok paraniod stop now....

going back to housework... smelling too many chemicals while cleaning..

thanx for the vent... i do feel better...

just ignore........... all of the above..........

schsa
01-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Not Kaptain Kangaroo!!! I am going to have to go into mourning now...

sahmsfreeb
01-23-2004, 11:15 AM
well god is teaching me a lesson... pride the sin...

i was so excited about going..
well BIL my babysitter who lives in nj and i in ny is cancelleing on me because he needs to take care of MIL.. of course sil could watch her but that is too hard...........

i havent been alone with dh in years.........

this officially is a sucky week...........

kriskay
01-24-2004, 07:01 PM
((((((((((((((((( sahmsfreeb ))))))))))))))))))))))))
I am so sorry to hear that. Is there noone else you can ask? If I lived closer I would babysit for you!!!!!!