PDA

View Full Version : I am soo upset!!!

Urban Cowgirl
01-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Well this all started when I got my daughters pics done at target in November. I had them done on Nov. 8th, when I went to pick them up they had been cropped wrong so they had to reorder them. When I went to get them a second time they had reordered them in black and white (I paid for full color). By this time all hope of having them mailed home for Christmas was impossible, since they said they would have to reorder them again and the very earliest they could get them back was Christmas eve ( I am in tx and my family is in maine!). Well I finally get them and mail them home. And the freaking Post office lost them. I am soo upset I cried most of yesterday and did not sleep good last night at all. Well I called target to find out about reordering the pics( I explained the whole situation) and the manager acted like she did not care at all!!!! /she told me reorders could be placed until the end of feb. at $13 a sheet. I asked since I had to reorder sooo many if there would be a discount or anything. And in a very nasty tone of voice she told me not on reorders!!!!!! I understand its not targets fault that the P.O. lost them, but she did not have to be nasty, I was just asking!!!! Anyway to reorder everything it will cost me over $100, that I do not have, but what can I do my family wants pics of my first daughter!!! Anyway I guess I will never send anything uninsured again!!!!!! (Not that it would have done me a lot of good, the P.O. told me even if I had insured it they would have only paid me what I paid for the pics to begin with ,I think that was like $6 a sheet or something, not $13.) So anyway I guess I learn a very tough lesson in this and after how nasty the target manager was I don't think I would have her pics done there again ( how tough would it have been to say I am sorry your pics were lost but I am not authorized to give a cheaper rate on reorders , or something like that). Just a little compassion!!!!! Also want to add I called my friend that used to work at a portrait studio and she says that the manager does have the discretion to give me a reduced rate!!! Sometimes I just fell like the whole world is out to get me!!!! Hubby says if it weren't for bad luck I would not have any!!! I am beginning to believe it!!!

Anywho thanks for listening!!

adair
01-23-2004, 08:45 AM
I had a similar experience with Olan Mills yrs ago and refuse to use them even today.

Kelsey1224
01-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Awwww...I'm so sorry. This is really awful. Did you keep any of the pictures yourself? If so...you can scan them into your computer and print them out on photo paper. There are also those machines in various drug stores where you can make copies of pictures.

I want to stress that you are not suppose to do that with 'professional' pictures, but sometimes the personnel don't really control what you are copying.

(I'm not condoning this...it's just that this seems like a sad situation.)

ImaGApeach
01-23-2004, 09:00 AM
{{{{{jaynbobbi}}}}

nanajoanie
01-23-2004, 09:22 AM
So sorry dear:( If you can afford one of those disposable cameras ($4 - $7) take lots of pics and the best ones you can get reprints made. Send everyone a snapshot. Good luck:)

ksmomof2
01-23-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you! I know I'd be really upset too. :( I would say either do what Kelsey suggested if you have a scanner or else maybe go to Wal-Mart where they have their portrait package for $4.88 or sometimes cheaper. They'll try to talk you into buying more but just stick to your guns. I know it won't be the same, being just one pose and she's older now but at least it isn't 100 bucks. I don't know, probably a dumb idea but that's all I can think of. Good luck to you. :) Oh and the snapshots is a good idea too, sometimes the "action" photos are the ones that really show off their personality or catch them doing something really cute or funny. I've bought several of those collage frames with several small windows and made them for family members out of different pictures I've taken and they always love them!

Dolly<3
01-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh man! That's too bad. :( I agree with the copy idea. I like the candid picture idea too! I don't really have anything to add... just (((((hugs)))))

kriskay
01-24-2004, 07:25 PM
I have managed portrait studios for 3 different companies. I never managed Target, but they are owned by the corporation that owned one of my studios. As manager, she could have reordered them for you at the $6.00 a sheet rate, especially with all the problems you had with them before. I would either call the district manager ( or even the store manager, they are owned by different companies but the photo company wants to be on good terms with the stores company) I had to do things that I thought were completey unfair because the store manager said so. If they are of no help, I would scan them and reprint them myself, It may not be as high quality but it would work. I don't get that. I had a few times where I dealt with the same situation, the post office or fed ex or whatever lost them. I let them reorder at regular sheet price. I could be wrong, I am a SAHM for 8 years now, so maybe policy has changed, But when I managed I had discretion to keep the customer happy.

YankeeMary
01-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Don't lose hope maybe they will show up??? Wen the post office loses mail where could it possibly go? You might get lucky and it'll eventually show up somewhere...crossing fingers for you.

Urban Cowgirl
01-29-2004, 02:13 PM
well the post office in Maine called me today and they have not recovered anything yet. I did try to get the customer service number for the target portrait studio, but the manager where we got the pics done would not give it to me. Finally I just called another location and the lady that helped me was so sweet, gave me the number no questions asked. Well the people at customer service were great, theyed felt really bad about how rude the manager had been to me and that she never returned my call. They also said I could reorder whatever I needed for $6 a sheet. I could not afford to reorder all of them but I could some. I thought that was really nice of them. Customer service also said they were going to report this manager to her district manager for the way she spoke to me. Well the next day the manager called me and she was mad ( I could tell). But she asked me what exactly I needed reorder and I told her that the customer service department reordered what I needed and they were shipping them directly to me. She said " Ok thanks" and just hung up!!!! LOL Well I learned some very valuable lessons. 1. mail things insured and..
2. not to use that stores studio again. ( I will drive out of my way to a different target!!! )