PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for Sister

arm0709
01-23-2004, 05:51 AM
My sister is 21 years old and has three kids. Her husband is in the army and they are stationed at Fort Polk, LA. My BIL is supposed to be deployed to somewhere in the middle east in a couple of months. The problem is that several months ago my sister found some knots in her breasts and she has also had some leakage from her breasts. She is scheduled to go see a surgeon this morning. Breast cancer runs in our family and our mother, and LPN, works w/ a lady who has lost both of her breasts to breast cancer and she told my mom she went through what my sister is going through. Please pray that my sister does not have breast cancer. We have no family down there where they live to help her and it would be hard for any of us to go down there w/ her. She wouldn't be able to come home to have the treatments and surgery because her insurance wouldn't pay for it if it wasn't done in LA. TIA for your prayers.

BeanieLuvR
01-23-2004, 07:01 AM
I am praying for your sister.

laughsalot
01-23-2004, 07:39 AM
your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers!

YankeeMary
01-23-2004, 08:03 AM
You are all in our prayers...

MySweetLord
01-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Dear Father I pray You will reach out and bring this woman complete health. Let her see how Your miracles still work on earth today; show her how her faith can lead her through this difficult time. I ask for comfort to her and her family as they face the unknown. Circle them with love Dear Lord, and guide them . I pray this day she will feel all the prayers around her. In Your wisdom I pray these things. Amen

heartlvrs
01-23-2004, 09:08 PM
hugs and prayers! keep us updated pls

Unicornmom77
01-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Prayers for her on the way!

arm0709
01-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks for all of the prayers for her. She went and seen the surgeon and he told her that he didn't think it was anything to worry about and wouldn't give her a mamogram (hope I spelled it right) even though her doctor said that she needs one. Our mother and one of my sisters friends are both telling her that she is showing the signs of breast cancer, she is scared out of her mind right now. She has been seeing army doctors about it and isn't happy with what they are doing so she is going to see a civilian doctor and see if they will check her. If BIL can take his last week of leave he has left during the next couple of weeks, they are going to go back to Arkansas and she is going to see the ob/gyn that delivered their first 2 babies. She said that she has already called his office and talked to them about it and they said that they will see her and do the tests that she needs. I just wish that she would see a doctor down there instead of waiting but she won't. So I am hoping that they can get up to Arkansas next week or the week after that and she can get the test done.

curlymae29
01-25-2004, 06:43 AM
Praying for her and really glad to hear she is getting a second opinion!

BabyDolla
01-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Praying for your sister.I haven't dealt with DRs at Ft. Polk, but I know that at a lot of posts the DRs are civilians that work for the Army. Anyway, there are good and bad DRs everywhere and I pray she finds someone that will listen to her and run tests to find out what is wrong. I finally found a DR that would listen to me and he is treating my symptoms.
Trusting in the Lord that she will be fine.
In Christ.

Merry99%
01-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Prayers said.