PDA

View Full Version : Grrr!!!! I am so sick of people sending me....

ChristiNate
01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Stupid internet urban legends!!! Mostly, it's my friends and family that I have told, plenty of times....

BEFORE YOU SEND SOMETHING TO SOMEONE ELSE (WHICH IN FACT, TURNS INTO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE) SENT YOU SAYING, "THIS IS A TRUE STORY" OR "I'M NOT SHOPPING AT TARGET ANYMORE", RESEARCH YOUR EMAILS AT WWW.SNOPES.COM!

No matter how many times I hit reply, attach the webpage, and site, they still decide to hit "FW" without blinking.

OK, I'm done.....Thanks for the vent.

Pregnancy has taken a toll on me today!

~Christi

ttistin
01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
oh yea I know what you mean. I have replyed to many emails with the snoops.com page.

Kelsey1224
01-22-2004, 02:05 PM
yea...one of my pet peeves as well.

nanajoanie
01-22-2004, 02:09 PM
I just delete them. It's useless to keep explaining.

ezmoney163
01-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Christy~ I am with you on this one hon!!! Go take a nice hot bth and snuggle up with Nathan. You'll feel better.

(((HUGZ)))

ChristiNate
01-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
Christy~ I am with you on this one hon!!! Go take a nice hot bth and snuggle up with Nathan. You'll feel better.

(((HUGZ)))

Brandy to my rescue again! :D

I wish I could, but I'm still at work :rolleyes:

I'm just all pissy because I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in 4 days and 1:45 am television sucks! The baby has been doing her best keeping me away playing jungle gym in my belly.

What I wouldn't give for a drink right now! :D

~Christi

justme23
01-22-2004, 04:00 PM
I totally agree! We should all ban together and throw nation wide fits about it... maybe people would listen then! I actually put www.snopes.com on the bottom of all my emails that go to ppl who frequent me w/ urban legends. My aunt is such a nut case... we were at her house this weekend and somehow were talking about wal-mart and I said well they'll never put Target out of business and I prefer shopping there anyways and she says 'Well I just don't know about that, as long as they refuse to support the veterans'... I about fell out of my seat... I have sent her the link on snopes about that more than once and I guess she just doesn't read it! Or maybe 'THIS IS TRUE' across the top of every email is the word of God to her. It drives me absolutely crazy. And those Neiman Marcus cookies... well she just LOVES to cook those and she giggles every time someone new sends her the recipe, even tho I've shown her the recipe on the Neiman Marcus webpage proving that it didn't cost anyone a fortune... she drives me batty.

Dolly<3
01-22-2004, 04:10 PM
LOL I know what you mean. I just have to laugh when people who should know better send them... and when people sit and argue with me that just b/c snopes.com says it's not true doesn't mean it isn't, and it COULD be true.