PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - Political Science or Psychology?

aerofx
01-22-2004, 05:42 AM
Okay, I'm having a VERY tough time sticking to one major. I wish I was one of those people who always knew my one talent was being a great artist, or musician, etc. I know I'm better at English & the Social Sciences and Math is not my strong point. I don't think I'm very artistic either. I originally was a Business major, but I lost interest quickly. I plan to go to Law School after getting my Bachelor's but I wanted to get some input from people, especially those people in the 2 fields I listed... if you have any advice to give about either Polit. Sci. or Psychology or if you have pro's & con's about either, please post. TIA!

buttrfli
01-22-2004, 06:38 AM
I LOVED psychology! But you REALLLY have to enjoy people.. political science, does not interest me one bit...

If you plan on going to law school, psychology may come in handy for your field of work :D

cinnamonch
01-22-2004, 07:14 AM
you need to look at what you plan to do long term. what kind of law are you planning on practicing? This will help in determining what kind of major you might need.

Sparkli
01-22-2004, 10:48 AM
hey just double major and do them both! i know alot of ppl that do that!

tammy

schsa
01-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Or major in one and minor in the other. They sort of go hand in hand. Dealing with people and how they think and react.

aerofx
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
That's the thing... I'm not sure what kind of law I want to practice. Psychology seems like it would be more interesting (at least to me), but it seems like Political Science might be more accepted by employers. I'm stuck between what's more practical & what interests me more. They are both social sciences, but the classes I would need to take for Political Science would be things like law, philosophy, studying other governments.