PDA

View Full Version : Is it just where I live at, or are y'all seeing it too?

Kyla Kym
01-22-2004, 04:24 AM
It seems like death is everywhere I turn here lately. It first started on the bbs, and now here locally. For me it is very upsetting and totally depressing to read on here that someone has lost a loved one. I don't know why but it eats me up inside. I won't even read their post because it's just sooo sad. I'm glad they can come here for support and comfort and the rest of you aren't such a basket case like I am when it comes to things like that and can try and support these people.

It just seems like it is all around me though this month. I haven't posted about it, but someone I thought allot of died on the 7th. If you look at the guest book you will see how well thought of he was. (http://www.legacy.com/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=1780814) I can't even bring myself to read it yet.

Then one of my son's friends father was gunned down in Hot Springs last Saturday. He rear ended someone and got out to see if they were OK, when he got up to the car door they shot him to death in the chest.

Another guy was killed today in our area in a lumber mill.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I'm curious because my FIL (God rest his soul) told me once a long time ago that when the sap rises in the tree's you will hear of allot of deaths, and when it goes back down you will hear of allot of deaths then too.

I've also heard if you hear a hoot owl hooting then you will hear of a death. This happened the night before I heard that Keith has died.

karefree
01-22-2004, 05:11 AM
I live near Atlanta so that is our local news and there is always a lot of deaths reported on it. Personally I have not experienced the same thing though. I am sorry to hear that you have lost so many in such quick succession. That would be very hard. I also find some of the posts very sad. The ones from the mothers of children they have lost are the hardest for me to read but none are easy. Again, I am sorry for you loss.

MsLynn
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym

I've also heard if you hear a hoot owl hooting then you will hear of a death. This happened the night before I heard that Keith has died.

This is an old Indian Legend,I'm Indian and Its happened to me twice and was true both times. Both times the owl flew with in feet of me and screeched so loud it scared the begeezes outta me, and left me with that eerie feeling until i found out who died.

Dolly<3
01-22-2004, 09:50 AM
(((((KK))))) I'm sorry :(
I haven't been experiencing it locally, but I feel the same way you do about it on bbs.

Gitty
01-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes KK we have had several teenagers die in the past month. It is very sad and breaks my heart. And all the ones on here I just don't know what to say, I mean I want to make people feel better, but really I don't know how. So I have been avoiding the threads, so I don't cause more pain in their life. I'm really sorry about them.

ImaGApeach
01-22-2004, 10:32 AM
It does seem like alot of deaths happen at one time-my grandmother always says it comes in 3's
It is scary to me-all these deaths

mikang
01-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Kyla Kym
Sorry to hear about the loss or your friend. I live near Fort Smith, AR. and I read about the man that was shot to death in Hot Springs by the guy driving the other car. It is really sad that your not safe anywhere you go. There have been a lot of deaths here also. It seems like there are more and more in the obit seciton of the newspaper. It seems the older you get the more you pay attention to all the deaths around you, or at least it does for me. I read the guest book of your friend and he was very loved by everyone. God bless his family, he was so young.

Kyla Kym
01-23-2004, 01:00 PM
mikang, do you still have access to that article? I was looking for it and can't seem to find anything on it. I've been told it was even on the news, but I didn't see that either.

Kyla Kym
01-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone for replying. I found your post interesting. Seems there might be something to these old legends.

Another one of our friends lost a baby the night I posted this, she carried it full term but the cord wrapped around the babies neck 3 times and killed it.

That's something else I don't understand...they don't breath out their nose and mouth when they are in the womb...so how on earth does that cord choke them to death?

tigerskiss1963
01-24-2004, 12:47 PM
we dont have owls around here
but every time somebody i know dies a night or 2 before i have realy vivid dreams of the person dying

msmom79
01-24-2004, 02:12 PM
BUT IT IS MOSTLY YOUNG TEENAGERS AND YOUNG ADULTS.THIS IS VERY SCARY.THE LEGEND I GREW UP WITH IS,IF YOU DREAM OF A BIRTH-IT MEANS A DEATH WILL HAPPEN,IF YOU DREAM OF DEATH -IT MEANS A BIRTH WILL HAPPEN. JMT CONDOLENCES TO YOU ON YOUR LOSS OF SUCH A GREAT FRIEND.

gloria96
01-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I have seen all the posts here about the loss of loved ones. I am sorry to say I havent replied to those posts. It is just so sad.

I have dealt with death so much in the past few years, I tend to shy away from the subject.

Currently my dad is in very poor health and will not make it much longer and we just heard from my brother that the docs told him his lungs are failing. Just too much for me.