PDA

View Full Version : Someone threatened to kill my kid!!

Sha
01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Today my oldest came out of school white in the face, mad, angry and soo upset. I calmed her down and asked her what was wrong and she told me that they boy in her class that has been harrassing her all year and making her life hell just walked up to her and her 2 best friends and pointed at them snarled and says pointing at each one of them.."I'm going to kill you, and you , and you." WTFH!!:mad: I marched up to the office told the Vice principal and she tells me "Oh, well I will talk to him about this in the morning." WTH!!!!:mad: :confused: Well to make a long story short, the mother who is a TEACHER at the school basically acted like a B*tch to me and the other mother of one of the other girls asked us if that was enough and what else do we want..I wanted to tell her I would love to beat her kids butt the way it should and commit the psycho for Anger management...but I had to be the adult! LOL! Needless to say it was like pulling teeth to get the Vice Principal to Suspend the kid and now I am going to DEMAND that he be removed from the girls's class and one of the parents wants a restraining order. It sounds like a darn good idea. I don't think this was a threat to be taken lightly. Kids these days make these threats and when ignored can end up very tragically. He is 11 years old and KNOWS what it means to kill someone...He is a violent kid already..

Faithfully
01-21-2004, 10:30 PM
I would call the police, that is a terroristic(sp) threat, and against the law. How old are they??

Faithfully
01-21-2004, 10:31 PM
They are 11, sorry. I would call the police, and call your counties family and childrens services. They can step in and help. Good luck.

Sha
01-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Faithfully
I would call the police, that is a terroristic(sp) threat, and against the law. How old are they??

The boy is 11 and the 2 of the girls are 11 and one is 10. They are in 5th grade. I called the police department and they said I need to contact the School Resource Officer tomorrow and speak to him about the restraining order. The other parents are ready to take this on. I also found out he is at my kids school on a district transfer since his mom is a teacher there. Well he violated his conditions of the transfer and I am going to tell them to transfer him to his home school or give me the restraining order! I also spoke to a School Board member and they are ready to back us in this. I am so mad...and scared. My daughter is already worried what he is going to do next. Yes, what he did today follows the districts policy of "Terrorist Threats". IF action is not taken seriously this is why bad things happen at our schools, no one ever listens or takes these things seriously.

twinkiesmom
01-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I think things will work out for u if you say he violated district transfer policies. Good luck!!

Sparkli
01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
one word.

columbine.

girl, dont trust this kid... i would go great lenghs to make his life hell...even if he was just playing. you dont say stuff like that. you just dont. anything could happen. you never know.

tammy

ImaGApeach
01-21-2004, 10:43 PM
OMG I would call the police!
Schools do not do much about stuff like this and they want everything hush hush
When I was in school this blk guy busted a wht girls head open with a metal tool and it caused alot of rioting-I seen all kinds of guns and huge knives that kids were bringing to school-they were showing them right in front of the office-I did not want to go to school cause things got so bad so I told my mom and she called the school and the school told my mom that nothing was going on.
(I'm not trying to start any fusses or anything here) but the school here is more worried about calling someone a racist name or a racist remark and getting sued then ANYTHING else that goes on there)

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Not to sound like a broken record but....CALL THE POLICE!!! Also while it's still fresh in everyone's mind DOCUMENT IT!!! Please keep us updated.

Dolly<3
01-21-2004, 11:41 PM
The kid obviously has issues, but he needs to learn that it's VERY SERIOUS to threaten people's lives. So I don't really feel sorry for him.

I don't think it's something to take lightly. Your daughter's life is way too important.

The kid needs a psych evaluation and to stay away from your daughter & her friends.

Damnifiknw
01-22-2004, 12:02 AM
You guys read her reply, She already notified the police..
I called the police department and they said I need to contact the School Resource Officer tomorrow and speak to him about the restraining order.

zitra
01-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Where I live with the no tolerance rule that kid would have been suspended immediately, and they would have made him start seeing the counselor.

karefree
01-22-2004, 06:10 AM
How horrible for those girls. I am sure they will be scared and nervous for some time. Did anyone ask the boy why he would say this? He evidently has some major problems and it sounds like his mother does too. I would have been horrified if my son ever threatened someones life.

Angelseyes28
01-22-2004, 06:51 AM
OMG!!!! That infuriates me and it didn't even happen to my child! I just don't know what to say. My first thought was to beat that brats mom to a pulp...but I know that isn't exactly the advice ya need*blushing*
I sure hope something is done about that kid! Please keep us updated!

bulldog6186
01-22-2004, 06:55 AM
That is horrible, I know what you are going through. We have a few like that at our school, the school keeps blowing it off and we have a zero tolerance policy:rolleyes: Good luck

Angelseyes28
01-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by bulldog6186
That is horrible, I know what you are going through. We have a few like that at our school, the school keeps blowing it off and we have a zero tolerance policy:rolleyes: Good luck

What freakin good is a zero tolerance policy if the school isn't going to enforce it?!:mad:

MamaFairal
01-22-2004, 07:20 AM
WHat part of Northern CAli are i you in???

Call the police and then i would contact local papers to tell them schools are not doing anything about it!

This will be the boy who brings a gun to school and then.....BAM its too late!

Sha
01-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
WHat part of Northern CAli are i you in???

Call the police and then i would contact local papers to tell them schools are not doing anything about it!

This will be the boy who brings a gun to school and then.....BAM its too late!

I am in Manteca...just south of Sacramento. I will take the papers into this when the time is right if it needs to be. There is due process and I plan on doing things by the book. I have my folder this morning armed with TONS of School policies and complaints about my childs rights and let alone her privacy yesterday when this was handled out in the HALL! of all places. This was where others heard and were able to get a good ear full. I am asking for this boy to get some help for one, and to be removed from my daughters class for the time being and then next step is getting him removed from the school or force the restraining order. I agree with all of you about the frieghtening reality of this kid who could possibly have access to a gun, knive or any type of weapon. The kid has already been poking my daughter in the ribs and back with pencils this year. I have had it...she is scared of what he will do and doesn't want to see him anymore.

sahmsfreeb
01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
since most schools have a zero tolerance policy make it work for you.

first call the police and file a complaint. then get a restraining order.
then call the superintendant. do not leave a message with a secratary. tell her you want to talk to the super immediatly regarding your childs basic rights and terroristic style death threats. yes your daughter was terroised all year by this student.
tell the superintendant that you have already called the police and that your next phone call will be the local press.

then call your press. paper and tv.

do not take crap like this from anyone. children today arent like when we were growing up. these children will actually follow through with killing our most precious children.

please keep us all updated.

praying for your daughter.

momfromTN
01-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ImaGApeach
OMG I would call the police!
Schools do not do much about stuff like this and they want everything hush hush
When I was in school this blk guy busted a wht girls head open with a metal tool and it caused alot of rioting-I seen all kinds of guns and huge knives that kids were bringing to school-they were showing them right in front of the office-I did not want to go to school cause things got so bad so I told my mom and she called the school and the school told my mom that nothing was going on.
(I'm not trying to start any fusses or anything here) but the school here is more worried about calling someone a racist name or a racist remark and getting sued then ANYTHING else that goes on there)

Wonder what would have happened had it been the other way around? Smacks of discrimination to me.

momfromTN
01-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by sahmsfreeb
since most schools have a zero tolerance policy make it work for you.

first call the police and file a complaint. then get a restraining order.
then call the superintendant. do not leave a message with a secratary. tell her you want to talk to the super immediatly regarding your childs basic rights and terroristic style death threats. yes your daughter was terroised all year by this student.
tell the superintendant that you have already called the police and that your next phone call will be the local press.

then call your press. paper and tv.

do not take crap like this from anyone. children today arent like when we were growing up. these children will actually follow through with killing our most precious children.

please keep us all updated.

praying for your daughter.

Maybe if they had PARENTS who gave a damn, it wouldn't be this way. But in this day and age, you have your parent who is too career-driven or busy with the "flavor of the month" to give a crap about their child. Some should not breed, IMO.

bulldog6186
01-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
Maybe if they had PARENTS who gave a damn, it wouldn't be this way. But in this day and age, you have your parent who is too career-driven or busy with the "flavor of the month" to give a crap about their child. Some should not breed, IMO.

What about the parents that don't work, are with the kids 24/7, teach them right from wrong. Kids will be kids and do whatever they want, they have a mind of their own, I don't blame it all on parenting, although I will admit there are alot of parents out there that don't care what their kids do, but there are also alot that teach their kids right, and the kid still ends up being a bad apple no matter what the parent does, says or how they are rasied. I don't think it's fair to put them blame on parents that work.

Sparkli
01-22-2004, 10:23 AM
i do agree with one above poster.... if things aren't working in your favor... or even if they are... call up your local tv station... pick a reporter... reporters love these kind of unfair in school situations... and school boards hate hearing reporters question the schools and making them look bad... and the reporters enjoy making them look bad if need be. :) Believe me, I work at a tv station. I think if you get ahold of the right reporter, you will have your way no matter what.

hope you get it figured out soon tho!
Tammy

momfromTN
01-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bulldog6186
What about the parents that don't work, are with the kids 24/7, teach them right from wrong. Kids will be kids and do whatever they want, they have a mind of their own, I don't blame it all on parenting, although I will admit there are alot of parents out there that don't care what their kids do, but there are also alot that teach their kids right, and the kid still ends up being a bad apple no matter what the parent does, says or how they are rasied. I don't think it's fair to put them blame on parents that work.

No no no. I was not clear, obviously. Yes, you can have crappy parenting even if you do stay home. I am not referring to those who cannot help the situation. I am talking about people who care MORE about that career or latest squeeze than their kid and put those things FIRST and forget about the kid. And yes, sometimes you can have someone who does their best and the kid still has major problems. Nothing is foolproof. This is not a SAHM vs. WOHM thing. Not at all. I work too. From home, but I do work.:p

bulldog6186
01-22-2004, 10:56 AM
:)

Sha
01-22-2004, 11:03 AM
I just got back from the school. I have been in conference with the principal for well over an hour. She has assured me that he will be staying away from my child. I also found out that a Restraining order does not pertain to when the children are in school. Which I think is complete bull, but I cannot change the law. I have been told that things have been taken care of and this boy is not allowed to have any contact with any of the 3 girls at all, if he does so in any way he will be suspended again and again until further action needs to be taken. My daughter feels good about this and that is what I want. I am still going to pursue getting his district transfer revoked. It will take time, but I am in this for the long haul. My kids mean the world to me, that is why I live an breathe...for my kids. I will keep you all updated. Oh, and the school resource officer (local Police officer assigned to this school) has record of the threat and has done a follow up visit to the boys home to assure there are no Real threats of weapons available to him. I know this will get resolved and it will be what I ask for, no more-no less. I will not back down on this one. Thank you all for all your support and advice. You all should realize it is such a relief to come here and talk. Your support means the world to me. Thank you.

Kelsey1224
01-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Good for you. I'm glad things are pretty much going they way you wanted. Were you reassured that the principal was taking this situation seriously? Was the boy already suspended once?

iluvmybaby
01-23-2004, 08:04 AM
so he DIDNT get suspended for the death threats????!!!! OMG, what about ZERO tolerance and I know that CA has that policy because I used to live in CA, and even when I was a kid they had it.

tiffany21
01-23-2004, 08:15 AM
call the police

freeby4me
01-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Im so sorry this is happening. I commend you on doing everything in your power to help protect your DD and her friends. I agree that it is an outrage he wasnt expelled for that threat. Children need to be taught there are consequenses for their actions, and he's probably home laughing in his room cause he's getting all this attention now. I dont know any information on this personally but i dont have a good feeling about it. Something about the principle saying "he will be suspended "again" if he comes near them" it makes me wonder that what if the next time is too late? What if he does something then? Im really sorry that this is happening to you, I'll pray for you and DD and her friends {{{HUGS}}}

ebgreen74
01-23-2004, 09:15 AM
that kid needs to be suspended for making those threats. My step brother made some stupid joke 1 time about blowing up his school so he wouldn't have to go to school anymore(he didn't mean with people in it, just didn't want to go to school). Well needless to say with the 0 tolerance rule, he was suspended in a heartbeat. Kids have to realize that after Columbine and all then they can not open their mouths with such stupid remarks-"jokes" or not. And schools can not take a chance on whether or not the comments are jokes or meant seriously either.

zitra
01-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
that kid needs to be suspended for making those threats. My step brother made some stupid joke 1 time about blowing up his school so he wouldn't have to go to school anymore(he didn't mean with people in it, just didn't want to go to school). Well needless to say with the 0 tolerance rule, he was suspended in a heartbeat. Kids have to realize that after Columbine and all then they can not open their mouths with such stupid remarks-"jokes" or not. And schools can not take a chance on whether or not the comments are jokes or meant seriously either.

My son in school once was playing with his best friend, the friend told a girl my son liked her..my son said (jokingly) "man, i'm gonna kill you" a teacher heard, and even though my son, and his friend said he was joking, and what the circumstances were, my son was suspended for 3 days, for making a threat, per the no tolerance rule at teh school.

Azriel_LittleHawk
01-23-2004, 04:56 PM
umm..my son (ADHD and behavioural issues) was suspended a while back for 10 days for bringing a decorative letter opener to school as a gift for a teacher. nothing ever came of it but the 10 days...but they know my son is a sweety..all his teachers backed him up. he's done nothing since.
also my daughter is 6. on her bus ..there was a 4th grade boy who kept tickling her till SHE got introuble for screaming!! so..i had a few words with the bus driver ..and another 4th grade girl spoke uip as well..they moved his seat..
the bus driver got snotty with me "how am i suposed to stop it if you don't know his name?" so i asked the 4th grade girl what the kids name was and she told the bus driver all about it..after that? smooth sailing till i transfered her outa that school system..
me and the admin of that school have a bit of a history..**please read various threads of what that school system TRIED to do to me and my son as well as what they DID do to others that had disabled kids in this school system**
oh yeah and there is talk of a class action lawsuit by several of us parents who had disabled kids attending there...

you do EVERYTHING you have to do to protect your daughter..and know you have a FAMILY here who will listen and try to help if we can.

*HUG*
Azriel

PS: why deos it seem that our GIRLS are getting BS from boys and the school admin thinks thats ok? seriously ..when my Gf's DD was in friggin HeadStart this lil hick boy kept trying to french kiss her!!! they are 4 & 5 yrs old!! he had to have seen it somehwere!!
her mom my gf did NOTHING!!
my daughter has standing ordersz to kick the Farking HELL out of anyone who hassles her...especialy if the teacher will not stop it. i know she's 6 but dammit there is a line where you just KEEP YA HANDS TO YASELF!! period. mind you she is in a GREAt school and has an AWESOME teacher now thats she's trnasfered to the new school.

our daughters deserve better.

guesswho!
01-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Unbelievable! I cannot believe esp. in the times we're living in that the boy wasn't suspended, or worse...juvenile.

You need to make sure the police have filed a FORMAL COMPLAINT. You'll need to sign it. Generally they'll ask if u want to issue a warrant when u file a complaint,esp.harrasment,threat,etc.After the rpt.is made, get a copy - usually costs about $5.00

WRITE a letter to the principal. Include details of the threats & harrassment. Keep copies for yourself. These could help if u go to court for a restraining order. Be sure to include any requests you're making of the Principal in the letter(such as transferring the boy, etc.

Ask your DD to keep a journal of all events that happen at school which concern the boy.Including how the harrassment has made her feel.This can be used in court, in general & can help w/restraining orders. Even details about the other girls & their experience, the more info. the better. If anything else happens, you might want to advise her to call 911(is there a phone avialble at school?) m/b in the health rm.,that she could use? The call will be recorded by 911.This will get ppl's attention! Is she allowed to carry a cell-phone, or can arrangements be made so she can, since she's been threatened?

Also,is there a Threat Hotline in your area? Most places have hotlines dedicated to handling threats.

All this might sound extreme, but so is someone threatening your DD's life!

Keep us updated.

twinfawn
01-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Here in Texas, he would have been suspended in a second!!!!, I know for a fact, I use to work for the Spring Shool District, That is something that they would'nt take lightly!!!

Sha
01-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Sha
Needless to say it was like pulling teeth to get the Vice Principal to Suspend the kid

The boy was suspended but after I demanded something be done...I am still going through the motions and speaking to people and making sure I cover all grounds. He wrote the girls an apology letter stating that he was sorry and he would never say those words again, but I can tell it was a FORCED letter. He scribbled on it and it was pretty rumpled up. So you know it was not written on his own. His mother has still be a b*tch to all of us, and even to the mother of the 3rd girl who she has known for going on 6 years. I complained to the principal and she was not to happy. I will keep ya posted on all this. So just so you all know, he was suspened, and police have been notified. I did what I was supposed to do....

;)