PDA

View Full Version : Both camps on abortion to mark Roe v. Wade

janelle
01-21-2004, 01:08 AM
The two sides of the abortion debate will mark the 31st anniversary of the Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade in markedly different ways late this week.

Operation Rescue West will decry the ruling that led to legalized abortion in the United States with a rally at the federal courthouse in downtown Wichita on Thursday.

The anti-abortion group will also sponsor a candlelight vigil at 5 p.m. Thursday at Women's Health Care Services, the clinic where physician George Tiller performs late-term abortions.

Tiller will celebrate the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision by offering free first-term abortions for Medicaid recipients on Saturday. This will be the third year in a row, and the fourth time overall, that Tiller has offered free abortions in honor of Roe v. Wade.

Tiller's clinic was the focus of large protests by abortion opponents in 1991 and 2001. The first series of protests, dubbed the "Summer of Mercy" by Operation Rescue, led to hundreds of arrests and polarized the city.

janelle
01-21-2004, 01:11 AM
What a guy. That "doc" always aborts a baby whose mother is on Medicade each year to "celebrate" the decision. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What a bargain. Talk about freebies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jdglmg
01-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by janelle
What a guy. That "doc" always aborts a baby whose mother is on Medicade each year to "celebrate" the decision. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What a bargain. Talk about freebies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
ITA! That is horrible! Abortion is nothing to celebrate, and even those who are "pro-choice" should not be glad when a woman has an abortion. Unforunately, there are some who are!

Oh, and by the way, it isn't just one baby, it sounds like he does free abortions all day for mothers with Medicaid.

janelle
01-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Well he probably does do them all day. Why not, he does them all day for pay. He does celebrate, there's big money in the abortion industry. Abortion has made him a rich man as it has many others.

This does make the bible passage on how can a rich man enter into heaven seem to hit home in a different way. :rolleyes:

Merry99%
01-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Sick disgusting! and is he advertising his business by doing that :rolleyes: probably.

curlymae29
01-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I can't believe this...

I was listening to a sermon the other day. The pastor said that the answer to 'It's our bodies' is...No, it's not. It belongs to God. You just inhabit it. He wasn't speaking about abortion, but living a balanced life, but his remarks sure do make sense.

janelle
01-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Our church will pray for the end to abortion on Sundays when they tell the prayer intentions. We will go stand out front of the abortion place, have prayer vigils, peaceful protests. I don't know why other churches don't do this as well. I know some do because they are out there as well but I think some pastors and churches don't want to alienate any of their congragation so they allude to it but not really talk about it.

I think most of our population hates abortion but thinks it's a privacy thing. I hope our society never gets so complacent to think murder can be the same thing. It's a slippery slope. But I still think it's killing a baby.

janelle
01-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh, and yes he is killing babies all day that day. They said on the news it was an all day thing. Wonder how many babies will die on that day? Maybe he can beat his own record.:mad:

curlymae29
01-24-2004, 04:50 PM
You know...people are outraged at serial killers and want to see them punished. But that is exactly what is going on here. He's nothing more than a serial killer with a license to kill.

Whitequeen39
01-25-2004, 12:09 AM
I just don't understand how people can act like it's not a baby that that Dr. is butchering day in and day out... :(

curlymae29
01-25-2004, 05:49 AM
I know....just ask anyone who has miscarried if they lost a baby or a 'fetus'.

I'm really glad my daughter hasn't heard of this. It upsets her so much to hear of people having abortions. She always thought it was wrong, but she gets angry and upset since lost her two babies.

Whitequeen39
01-25-2004, 10:32 PM
I get much more upset and angry now, though I always thought it was terrible and wrong...it's much more emotional for me now...