PDA

View Full Version : Aaarrrrgh!!!!!

Tadbit
01-20-2004, 05:54 PM
ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm about to go nuts. I quit smoking 21 and a half hours ago, and I'm about to climb the freakin walls right now. Where is buttrfly when I need her? Where are you Teri??? LOL

Army-Mom
01-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I know just how you feel, I quit smoking cold turkey and there for a few weeks I thought I was going to go crazy, after a few weeks it got where it wasnt so bad..

Dolly<3
01-20-2004, 07:42 PM
The longest I've ever gone was 4 days when I quit cold turkey. The only reason I lasted that long was b/c I had good reasons... then after the first day my reasons didn't seem that important anymore. By the 4th day I was just like oh who cares give me a cigarette! LOL

Try to go 5 days so you'll beat me! :D

tsquared
01-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Heres to hoping you make it days so you can stay off of em......, but if not it is a valiant effort to try and quit.......

karenc001
01-20-2004, 08:43 PM
I quit cold turkey 9 years ago, It sure isnt easy I hope you do well, I still go crazy for one now and then I dont think that will ever changs, my mother quit cold turkey also but 20years ago, she still will ask me for a smoke, I just tell her I left them at home. we laugh and it just goes away. hope you dont go to crazy

eeigh33
01-20-2004, 10:00 PM
:D :D :D Come on, Tadbit, you can do it!!!! I know you can do it! If you do, I will treat you to something special! Hang in there! :D :D :D

Tadbit
01-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Ok, it's 3:20 in the morning and I'm still not smoking. On my way to work so I know I'm safe there. :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

mikang
01-21-2004, 04:37 AM
Oh how I wish I could quit! I've tried so many times and always fail. If someone knows of a good way to quit and not go crazy please let me know!!! lol!! I've tried every way there is. I even bought that smoke away stuff and it made me sick so I quit that. I'm rooting for you tadbit!!! Hang in there!!

JWWB2000
01-21-2004, 07:44 AM
When you get that craziness going, get some gum or a piece of candy to help out. Oh, I almost forgot, you could also get some straws, cut them to the length of a ciggy and when you have the urge, just pick one of those up and hold it. I know of a few people who did this and it did help them because they just wanted the "feel" of the ciggy in their fingers. Maybe something like that would work.

mom4angels
01-21-2004, 07:54 AM
(((Tadbit))))) Here is a huggles for you because I know what you are going through. You can do it though. I quit for seven years and then started back and then quit again. It was the hardest thing that I did. But I am glad to say that I haven't had a cig in three years now and my dh smokes that I think that I did great not to start again. I did suck on alot of hard candy that was cirtus flavor. that help alot. I also eat alot of cut up carrots a fruits too. I have a craving every once in a while but it isn't a strong one like you get in the first months of quitting.

minxie
01-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Congrats! I don't know what you are going through, but I wanted to say WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

schsa
01-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Every time you get the urge, imagine all of those people running around with tubes up their noses and carrying their oxygen around with them as their lungs slowly die on them.

It's an image that keeps me from even considering smoking.

Jenny5
01-21-2004, 06:38 PM
I quit last March, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. You can do this!! I found help on quitnet. It has done a world of good. Whatever you do dont smoke. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

eeigh33
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Keep up the good work, Tadbit!!! I know you can make it!!!!!

kriskay
01-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I quit eight years ago. I used raw vegetables. Every time I wanted to smoke, I ate a crunchy raw veggie. The craving would pass and I would go on. It worked well and I didn't gain any weight quitting.

Damnifiknw
01-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by schsa
Every time you get the urge, imagine all of those people running around with tubes up their noses and carrying their oxygen around with them as their lungs slowly die on them.

It's an image that keeps me from even considering smoking.

It doesn't phase people, because they think, "It will never happen to me."

To the OP you can do it. If you have the will power and truly want to quit, you'll quit. Get you some gum to calm down the cravings.

CarolinaBlue
01-23-2004, 03:59 AM
Smoking killed both of my parents. That was enough incentive for me to quit. YES - it CAN happen to you!