PDA

View Full Version : gift for a new mother

kcorderman
01-20-2004, 12:49 PM
ok my sister had her first baby on sunday , an emergency c-section and im trying to find soemthing that is thoughtful for her . not something for her to use on the baby. i have had two kids myself never a c-section tho and am hoping you all could help me think of something to buy her. thank you in advance for your ideas

justbeachy
01-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Maybe a bed pillow to help her set up in bed? Not really sure, I didn't have a c-section, or maybe a robe or gown for her to wear around the house. I don't think she can take a bath at this point, not if she has stitches or I would recommend bath products.

cpbaby
01-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Percocet. She will appreciate it, trust me.

Give her some books if she likes to read because she wont feel like doing anything much for awhile. Offer to do her laundry for a week or two, cook meals, watch the baby while she takes a long shower, take her places while she cant drive. A gift basket of her favorite fragrance bath stuff is nice too. She cant take a bath yet, but when she can, she will really appreciate you watching the baby while she soaks with smelly stuff and a book.

Im on day 11 after my c/s, so Im just listing what I would like.

kcorderman
01-20-2004, 01:02 PM
lol cpbaby, im sure she would love that but dont think i can get that for her. and i would love to watch the baby for her but i live two states away from her:( im so jealous , i dont get to see my first nephew till we move back out there. good ideas tho:)

janelle
01-20-2004, 01:09 PM
How about a live in nanny, a cook and a maid. Of course all these women have to be older women with only grandmotherly looks. No young things running around with their of so perfect figures. They will have the job of waiting on her at all times, letting her sleep, and taking care of the baby unless she wants to do it. Taking orders well so her every wish and demand is given to her and obeyed.;) :) :)

ShelleyG
01-20-2004, 03:46 PM
well a boppy pillow so she can help support the baby OMG I borrowed one in the hosp. It was a life saver on my belly, and my friend made me a snack basket, with all sorts of munchies and I so appreciated that :)

MsLynn
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
when i had mine, i got a nightgown with matching robe/slippers, i was sooooo appreciative of this gift. i just loved it

just a thought

nanajoanie
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
I would suggest good smellies - lotions, perfume (cologne), body sprays. Those items are good for anyone. OR a GC to her favorite store or beauty parlor for when she is up and around, which will be sooner than you think.

chort1313
01-20-2004, 04:13 PM
When my SIL had her first born I bought her a picture frame (it had noah's ark painted on it. ) for Mother's Day since it was her first Mother's Day.

Kelsey1224
01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
I was also going to suggest the boppy. It is a circular pillow that goes around the waist and you can still nurse...but rest the baby on it.

It is helpful even if you haven't had a c-section.

kcorderman
01-20-2004, 05:01 PM
awesome thank you all for your ideas:) think im going to get her stuff like you all suggested and make it a gift basket :) thank you for your help

janelle
01-20-2004, 10:24 PM
YOU ARE GOING TO GET HER A NANNY, MAID AND COOK? What a dear sister you are. Can I have you for a sister too???:D

JWWB2000
01-21-2004, 07:23 AM
LOL Janelle!!!

I think it is wonderful you are doing this for her. Anything for her would be a great gift especially stuff she can pamper herself with when the baby is sleeping or she has an extra couple of minutes for just her!!

k4mommy2
01-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I agree, a boppy is a LIFESAVER :)