PDA

View Full Version : Sewer problems-reallllly long

freeplease
01-20-2004, 07:21 AM
Yesterday was just an experience in joy. Not. Our town, in it's infinate wisdom decided to fix a sewer line problem on the coldest day of the year. Now, this problem has been around for almost a year, and it wasn't going anywhere. Anyway, yesterday, they had some company here to install a liner inside the original pipe that runs between two neghborhoods. It was supposed to be from 10 am until 8 pm. No running water into drains, flushing, anything. Sure, it's a hassle, but we all looked for gas stations.
At 8 last night, they still hadn't finished half the job. They said it would be another 2 hours. And this info came after someone was able to chase down a worker. They didn't offer any info on their own. Ok, now it's 10 pm. Nope, it's going to be another 2 hours. Now it's midnight. Yadda yadda yadda. At 3:30, my DH went out to see if it was safe to flush. NOPE. Finally sometime between then and 5:30, they either gave up, or finished the job.
But I noticed the trucks are all still there this morning. Everyone showered to go to school/work. Hopefully we won't have sewer backingup into the house. Like some of the neighbors that actually believed the 8 pm promise to be finished.
Sorry this is so long, but I just HAD to vent. Anyone have a bathroom I can borrow?

Angelseyes28
01-20-2004, 07:37 AM
:eek: That is horrible!!!! I can understand one small delay, even 2 if I'm in a really good mood. After the second delay though I would have been flushing. I bet once the sewage started coming out of the pipes and attacking them, they would speed things up a bit;)

MamaFairal
01-20-2004, 07:39 AM
If the trucks are still there....i dont think the job is finished...lol

freeplease
01-20-2004, 11:33 AM
It would have backed up into the house! Ewwww. See, they were putting this sleve thing into the inside of the pipe-to in effect make a new pipe. Some foam thing that expands. Then they had to go back and cut the openings for all of us to get rid of the sewage-into the main pipe. I haven't seen anyone around. No men, Just trucks.
My two least favorite things right now...men and trucks. can you blame me? :p