PDA

View Full Version : grrrr hair problems

wubbywa
01-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I colored my hair it is ugly red and I usually color it red but this is so fake looking I look like a clown. Any help with getting some of the color out?

ezmoney163
01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
You may have to go get your hair stripped. I did this once except in the bottle it was blonde. Then by the time I was done it was pink. It took almost 4 1/2 hours for the first stipping and another 4 1/2 hours for the second and it still did not all come out. I was in 12 th grade back then so I guess I wasnt really thought of as goofy looking, but I know I felt so awful. LOL I will never use Fanciful ever again. LOL

fatesfaery
01-19-2004, 06:33 PM
I would try washing it with Dawn dishwashing liquid or Prell shampoo and very warm water, either should take some of the color out, but you'll need to use a good deep conditioner afterwards. The also have a product at Sally beauty supply that will remove some or all of the dye. They carry two that are only available to professionals, but they also have one that anyone can buy.

ezmoney, did you use Fanciful Roux in the silver bottle? If you did I'm surprised you had a problem since it's a rinse and not a dye. When I worked at Sally we mostly sold it to ladies who were completely gray to color the gray. Nasty, runny, stuff though and you have to use it every time you shampoo your hair.

There's no way I would ever let anyone leave stripper or bleach on my hair for 4 1/2 hours at a time. They both are extremely damaging...neither are reccommended to be left on for more that 1 hour.

junebugger
01-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I would use some heavy conditioner and let it sit for as long as you can-It is supposed to help strip it away-at least enough to go to work tomorrow and then maybe pick up some semi permanet color?
I tottalymessed up my hair this summer-(can we say bannana peel?) LOL
It took alot of semi then permanet coloring....lets just say I wount do that again:)

ezmoney163
01-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by fatesfaery
ezmoney, did you use Fanciful Roux in the silver bottle? If you did I'm surprised you had a problem since it's a rinse and not a dye. When I worked at Sally we mostly sold it to ladies who were completely gray to color the gray. Nasty, runny, stuff though and you have to use it every time you shampoo your hair.

There's no way I would ever let anyone leave stripper or bleach on my hair for 4 1/2 hours at a time. They both are extremely damaging...neither are reccommended to be left on for more that 1 hour.

The stuff I used was in a pink bottle. I bought it at Kmart I think. Not sure it has been close to 12 - 13 years or so ago.
It was not 4 1/2 hours on my hair, but 4 1/2 hours of stripping it peice by peice so they would not ruin my hairand I would not be bald. I went one week then back the next. It did a number on my hair. LOL

I trusted the cosmotologist. I think she did the best she could and in the end there was no damage to my hair at all. She was able to bring it right back to natuaral so I could put highlights in it.

( Special thank you to Mrs. Strawbridge for being so patient with me and my nasty pink hair. LOL)

wubbywa
01-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks everyone I did the dawn 3 times and then tried some vineger I dont see much change so I guess I will be going to work looking goofy. Heck it is at a high school a lot of those kids look goofy too.

ezmoney163
01-19-2004, 07:33 PM
LOL Good luck hon. Honestly try your loca; beautician and see what they say. Also try your vo tech school the teacher there will be able to tell you something.
((((HUGZ)))))

rlynn411
01-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Dawn should help strip the color out, unless you used a metallic dye.

AngelGrim
01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I used a dye once and I have auburn light brown hair, well it turned my hair a lighter color but with a severe tint of GREEN. That was a long time ago, but this last summer I highlighted mine and then darkened it later, no matter what I do I have blond streaks in the back, but oh well, dh told me if I dyed it again he would shave his head in retaliation.

Whitequeen39
01-19-2004, 09:02 PM
last year and I took an ash brown semi permanent color and dyed over the red and the ash toned the red way down and then my hair looked natural and no damage to my hair. I have dark brown hair with red highlights. When I dyed it is was so red...looked real fake. I was amazed how the ash brown did the trick.

fatesfaery
01-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
I used a dye once and I have auburn light brown hair, well it turned my hair a lighter color but with a severe tint of GREEN. That was a long time ago, but this last summer I highlighted mine and then darkened it later, no matter what I do I have blond streaks in the back, but oh well, dh told me if I dyed it again he would shave his head in retaliation.

Since highlighting involves using varying strengths of bleach, permanet hair color won't stick to it permanently, it tends to fade back to blonde.

fatesfaery
01-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
The stuff I used was in a pink bottle. I bought it at Kmart I think. Not sure it has been close to 12 - 13 years or so ago.
It was not 4 1/2 hours on my hair, but 4 1/2 hours of stripping it peice by peice so they would not ruin my hairand I would not be bald. I went one week then back the next. It did a number on my hair. LOL

I trusted the cosmotologist. I think she did the best she could and in the end there was no damage to my hair at all. She was able to bring it right back to natuaral so I could put highlights in it.

( Special thank you to Mrs. Strawbridge for being so patient with me and my nasty pink hair. LOL)

I see......I thought you meant she left it on your hair for 4 1/2 hours and then did another treatment for 4 1/2 hours........I was wondering how you mananged not ending up bald!

I've stripped, bleached and dyed my hair every color from blonde to red to black to burgandy to purple and every thing in between.

wubbywa, red dye fades faster than any other color, so keep washing it every day with water as warm as you can stand and it should fade.

Whitequeen, red and green (ash tones are green bases) are directly opposite on a color wheel, so they neutralize one another.......anyone who gets really brassy tones when they dye their hair blonde can usually use a ash tone to prevent it.

twinkiesmom
01-20-2004, 12:53 AM
lol, if u work at a school, you should fit right in! I'll bet it'll be cool! Good luck.

wubbywa
01-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Yes I do work at school, High School Special Ed. they are sweet kids so they wont laught but "normal" might just get a laugh out of it. It looks a little better this morning but I was ready to cry and then my hair blower switch broke off and I thought oh NO my hair looks bad enough and I have to go to work with out drying and styling BUT I used my tweezers to to slide the blower on and that worked so I have dry hair. I guess I will be doing some shopping tonight. Thanks everyone.

zitra
01-20-2004, 08:16 AM
I once dyed my hair red..Infusium stripped alot of the red out of my hair..really toned it down. I have also heard that Prell shampoo is supposed to strip color as well.

schsa
01-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Don't do anything for about 2 weeks. Reds do fade and when I dye my hair I know that if it looks a bit much the day after, in two weeks it will look very normal and natural.