PDA

View Full Version : Cake mix question

Faithfully
01-19-2004, 09:39 AM
I bought a Duncan Hines Fudge Cake mix yesterday, and opened it to use it last night. It was full of 100`s of little white flour balls( I think thats what they were). They were hard, and wouldn't breakdown, even after I fully processed the mix, and as I said, there were 100's of them. Dh even said it looked wierd, so I threw the batter out, and called them today, and they refused to send me a coupon, in place of the mix, saying that it is totally normal:rolleyes: . So, what do you think, is it normal, and what would you do now????? I know its only $1.79, but its the principle. Thank you for your opinions:)

LitWtch
01-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I have seen a minimal amout of the flour balls, perhaps 3-4, but in the hundreds like you describe, it is either an old mix, or some type of opening in the bag prior to purchase which allowed moisture in. The only way to see if it was out dated is the use by date on the box. If it is outdated, the store is responsible if you have a reciept.

AngelGrim
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't have used it, noooooo wayyyyyy!!

Princess4J
01-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Chrissy13
I would call back and ask to speak to someone else.. I don't think that is normal and I wouldn't even use it..

ITA

Faithfully
01-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, the more I thought about, the madder I got today,lol, I mean, their products are "satisfaction guaranteed" so I called back, and the same girl answered, I didn't want to deal with her again, so I wrote a nice,long ticked off letter at their website. I'll let you know what, if anything happens, Thanks for all your opinions:)