PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? please post

dealsRus
01-17-2004, 01:09 PM
I just need to vent, it is small but I need to know what you all think. We ordered a couch and chair from rent a center, well we live up stairs and when they brought it they scratched the heck out of the walls bringing it up ( it may be hard to get it up the stairs but still don't you think you would be a little careful since the place don't belong to you ) We had it for a while and decided we wanted something different. They came to pick it up. And did that same thing but WORSE. What am I to do? Should I call rent-a-center and complain? What do you think they could do for me? ahhhhh please let me know what you would do:rolleyes: sorry had to vent

sugar206
01-17-2004, 01:12 PM
I would definetly call and talk to a manager because their employees damaged your wall. It might have been a tight squeeze but like you said they should have been more careful. Also take pictures of the damage on the walls just in case.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I would definetly call and talk to a manager because their employees damaged your wall. It might have been a tight squeeze but like you said they should have been more careful. Also take pictures of the damage on the walls just in case.

Document EVERYTHING!!!! Who you talked to, what day & time ect....

zitra
01-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Yes, complain. The employees of rent a center did the damgae so the company is responsible.

BeanieLuvR
01-17-2004, 01:35 PM
I would certainly complain. They should be held responsible for the damage that they did.

dealsRus
01-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Ok here is the story now..
I called them and let them know when it was brought to my house ( which was about 3 weeks ago ) they left a few marks on the walls,I blew it off. When the came yesterday they did 10X the marks and they are deep scratches. I let her know it was in hubby's name but I was calling because he has been working a lot and is unable to call. She was very RUDE and said I am calling to late to let her know. She is like if your car gets hit you don't call a month later. HELLO!:rolleyes: I am telling you I blew off the first time, and it happen again so I thought I would let you know, and it is a day later because my hubby cannot call, so I would give it a try and see if I could call even though its not in my name. Well, she just kept telling me there was nothing she could do because I called too late:confused:

Whatever, I don't have time to fight with people.

Mystic32
01-17-2004, 02:08 PM
So sorry to hear...I live in Massachusetts. Almost 4 yrs. ago I was in a tight spot & needed to find a place to live. Didn`t have a couch set so I got one from Rent-A-Center. Upon delivery they were coming through the front door & put a hole in my wall & knocked out a light switch. The guy said oh don`t worry about it I`ll document this & let the MGR. know & we`ll take care of it. I never heard anything. The following week I go to the store to make a payment & say something to the MGR. about it. He had no clue what I was talking about. Well thankfuly, the other delivery guy was there & he admitted to what happened. The toher guy was fired & Rent-A-Center came to my house a few days later & fixed all repairs personally. They even called my landlords temselves. Another time I had a problem with a computer from them & I didn`t get any help. They just didn`t care. So I went to Planet Feedback & wrote a complaint about them. A few weeks later they called & I brought the comp. back to them & they didn`t make me pay for the previous 2 weeks. I`m sorry this is soooo long.

Willow
01-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry they gave you a hard time. That really sucks. Maybe you can keep trying to get them to fix it. I personally wouldn't do business with a place like that. Obviously those rent a centers are only interested in making money and don't care about the customers. If you are going to rent to own you end up paying three times what the stuff is really worth.

schsa
01-17-2004, 03:03 PM
If the store manager blows you off, find out the name of the district manager and call that person. Don't stop with the peon at the bottom of the hill. The higher ups don't want to hear this and they will make it right. And the woman who blew you off will learn a good lesson as well.

llbriteyes
01-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd take pictures and document, document, document. The next time you talk to her tell her that your ATTORNEY (she need not know you don't have one) expects results, or it will be taken to the next level.

Dolly<3
01-17-2004, 05:03 PM
I can understand her not being able to do anything about the first scratches, but I don't understand her saying that for the marks they made just a day ago. :rolleyes:

And there's never any reason to be rude - especially to a customer. I think you should either call & talk to her again, or call and talk to someone above her.

ladybreaker
01-17-2004, 05:08 PM
go over her head!!keep going untill you get some relief!!you have 1 year from the date of an incident to sue!!

tiffany21
01-17-2004, 05:44 PM
I would definetly call and talk to a manager

andreame70
01-17-2004, 06:14 PM
I had an experience with a rental company that I will tell you about. A couple of years ago around Christmas, my computer crashed and I was in desperate need of one ( I work from home via the net.) Anyway, I did not have the cash to go out and buy one at the time, so I went to Rent America and rented one. I rented it for about 2 months and then paid it off when my income tax refund came in. I was told when I rented it that it had a one year warranty. I had it for about 5 months and the hard drive crashed, so I took it in to be repaired. The clerk assured me that it was still under warranty and that they would take care of it. She even wrote me a receipt out when I took it in that said, "Still under warranty, sending for repair."

Five days later, I was in the neighborhood and stopped to check on the status of it. I saw it sitting in the corner, in the same place I had left it and my first thought was that it was ready. The manager came out only to inform me that their systems do not have warranties and that I was going to have to get it fixed on my own.
I let him know what I thought about him and his company, then I grabbed the computer and walked out.

When I got home, I called another store in the next town over and asked who I could contact at their corporate office about a problem that I had with a different store and they gave me the toll free number to Royal Crown Leasing, the people who own all of the Rent America chains. I spoke to the head honcho over there and he basically tried to give me the run around, so I informed him that I had a signed receipt from the clerk that stated that the computer was still under warranty and that it was being sent off for repairs. The guy asked me to fax him a copy of the receipt, so I did. Five minutes later, he called me and asked me where I would like to have the computer repaired at. I requested that it be repaired at Best Buy, so the man asked me if I would take it there and have them call him.

At Best Buy, the management called him and they made arrangements to fix it and send him the bill. The guy who worked on the computer even said, "well you might as well get another 128MB of RAM while we are in there, so they replaced my hard drive and upgraded the RAM, the next day I went to pick it up and it had been paid in full.

Sorry for such a long story, the jest of it is to call corporate and let them know. Stand your ground and give them names if you can of the associate that was nasty to you over the phone. Take those pictures too.

Good Luck!

Andrea

twinkiesmom
01-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by schsa
If the store manager blows you off, find out the name of the district manager and call that person. Don't stop with the peon at the bottom of the hill. The higher ups don't want to hear this and they will make it right. And the woman who blew you off will learn a good lesson as well.
what she said. Don't give up. Or u will be the one in the long run paying the landlord for the damage. I'd fight em on this.

dealsRus
01-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks so much for all the replies to my post. I am going to see what I can do about this. It seems any place I go these days the workers have no respect, they always think the money is coming out of their pocket.

Amanda - That is what I tryed to explain to her over and over. I do not care about what happen when they brought it. I told her it happen a second time which was just a day ago:rolleyes:

ezmoney163
01-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by zitra
Yes, complain. The employees of rent a center did the damgae so the company is responsible.

Complain complain complain. And if that dont work complain some more.. It is their responsiblity to have to common curtisy to make sure your property does not get damaged. You go to the highest of the chain and get results girl. This is rediculous. I hate our rent a center here. The manager thinks his butt don't stink. We always have such a turn over it is not funny!!

Good luck. I hope you get this resolved.

so-bee-it
01-18-2004, 01:58 PM
You may not have the time to fight with people as you said, but that's exactly what companies like this are counting on. They'll give you the run around until you get frustrated and drop the whole matter.
I would continue on their butts until they fix what they destroyed!

Document, and when you can show up in person, do so instead of just calling. If one person can't/won't help then demand to speak to someone who can and so on. Also make sure you also have copies of any pics, documents ect.

Unfortunately, with everything else we have to do on a daily basis things like this end up taking alot of your time especially with irresponsible companies like these. It's really up to you to decide how much time and effort you're willing to spend on this....Good Luck.

the1bea
01-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I would go above her head in the company. I dont care too much for rent a center. I was involved in a class action lawsuit with them for sexual discrimination. They said some very unaproprite things during my interview. But I would go over her head. It is their job to make sure that your house is not damaged and the products are not damaged when they bring/take products. what kinda of fit would THEY have if your couch or whatever it was had rips in the fabric??? Would you have to BUY the product. Yes you would. Same thing for your home. It should not be damaged in anyway. With a fridge, the linoleum should not be ripped when moving in and out a fridge. Walls should not be scraped, ect. If the employees are not careful they are not good employees. I moved furniture, ect... for about 2 years, and I know that there are ways around walls being banged up and linoleum being ripped, and contents being damaged.

I agree with the document everything post. Keep copies of every letter you write, the dates/times/who you talked to, ect... Good Luck.

ttistin
01-20-2004, 12:22 PM
We went through rent a center before, we got a couch from them once. When they brought it in the house they ripped the whole back of it. They werent going to say anything about it, just wanted to walk out. I asked them about it he said oh I will make a report and someone will be out within a few days to fix it. Never heard anything, went down to make a payment and the mgr never knew anything about it. Took almost 2 months of keeping on them about it for them to get someone out there, he did a half butt job on fixing it too. Soon after that we sent it back, I hate that place.

I also agree, complain complain and then do it some more lol You shouldnt have to fix what they messed up.