PDA

View Full Version : my tooth... again

amysusi
01-16-2004, 10:17 PM
This is hurting deeper than an emerging wisdom tooth. DH says it's an abcess, :rolleyes: wonderful. It took too long to figure out our insurance today, so now I have to wait until Monday to call a dentist. And I've resigned myself to the fact the wisdom teeth have to come out. The orthodontist said I could keep them. I haven't worn my retainer in almost 10 years, and they're almost fine (1 starting to turn). But my parents spent alot of money for those braces, and I don't want to ruin it (especially since I was the ony one of 4 to get them).

How much is it gonna hurt? Afterwards I mean, during the recovery phase?

Kyla Kym
01-16-2004, 10:40 PM
I've never had wisdom teeth extracted, but I have had other teeth pulled and also had root canals done, and in my opinion that tooth ache your having right now hurts allot worse than any of the recovery's I've ever went through.

If you can take penicillin and have some laying around. Take it by all means. Abscess equals infection and when you get rid of the infection the pain stops.

rlynn411
01-17-2004, 09:23 AM
I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. Personally I did not have to much pain. I had no swelling or bruising. I had it done on a Friday and was back to work on Monday. I even ate (McDonalds) about 90 minutes after having this done. I was told later that was not a real bright thing to do though...something about a dry socket, which they say is very painful.

My dentist recommeded an oral surgeon, this man was great...he had all 4 teeth out in record speed, When he said he was all done I couldn't believe he had time to remove 1 let alone 4.I really couldn't even tell the teeth were being pulled, the most I felt was a slight tugging one just one tooth, and only because I had broken a large piece of it.

schsa
01-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Get it done. In the end you will feel alot better.

sahmsfreeb
01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
i had mine taken out by an oral sugeon... lucky for me that i did because one tooth was in my sinus...i had it done on a friday and i was back to normal by mmonday .... i had to blen d my food for a day and a half but no biggie.. i didnt even need drugs... advil was fine for me.... GL!

Mrs.Magoo
01-19-2004, 07:11 PM
I had mine done and it was no big deal. I did have a tooth pulled a few months ago and got dry socket, that mess hurts bad. You will fill much better when they are out, and follow the directions carefully to protect against dry socket. Good luck.

amysusi
01-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I have an appointment to have the one causing me the trouble pulled. I know that one needs out right now, but will see what the doc says about the others. Thursday morning at 9:15.