PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Gripe

JazzMama
01-16-2004, 01:04 PM
I never post in vent/whine, because to be honest, I'm usually really laid back about things. However, I went to Kroger over my lunch hour to get my daughter some Pull-Ups. They have the 3-packs for $1.99 and I have a coupon for $2.50. So, I got (7) 3-packs to match up with my (7) coupons. I went through the U-scan to save myself some time and lo and behold, the cashier decides to give me grief. "You can't do that because they sell for less." So I politely explain you just type into the computer the actual value of my item and I pay the tax. "No, I'm REALLY sure that's not what I do." I politely explain again, it's not like I'm asking for the full $2.50 (since this was all I got, I didn't expect her to give me $4+ back in change). Finally, the supervisor gets over to us. "SHE says that we can do this, and SHE says that this how we do it, BUT I know that's not right." So, he says, "No SHE is right, punch it in." Not even an appology from her for wasting my time, just $0.99 please in a really snotty tone. I'm so sick of getting hassle from ill-trained cashiers that don't know how to ring things up.

Sorry all, but I had to get that off my chest before I exploded!;)

BigLyd1
01-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I really don't understand why some cashiers get such an attitude about this. If the coupon exceeds the price of the item, just minus the price of the item. :rolleyes:

ezmoney163
01-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Personally i would be contactin gthe main office tot ell them how you were treated. I hate people who are not nice when you shop at thes tore or shop they work at!! (((HUGZ)))

corkster
01-16-2004, 01:28 PM
:mad: Oh I know...and it really does seem to happen more often that not huh? I am very glad things went the way they were supposed to for ya..don'tcha love it when the manager comes and you're right? lol. Really tho, she coulda said "Oh, sorry..I learn somethin' new every day" and smiled or whatever but...since they look stupid they take it out on you. oh well......congrats on the good deal on dipes;)

feliciac
01-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I second ezmoney's vote. I am getting to the point that I am going to start complaining to everyone I can think of if I don't get good customer service. I am spending my hard earned money at these places, the least they can do is treat me with some common decency. Maybe if enough of us start complaining about the service, these companies will start listening. Maybe not, but it's worth a try.

Linus1223
01-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Well...At least you got a great deal!

Some people are just miserable.

AngelGrim
01-16-2004, 03:40 PM
I contacted walmart AGAIN after rudeness of this type and told the manager that my family and I would start patronizing other stores if the attitudes didn't improve, this is in the local store in centerville iowa, and my mom called and did the same, the manager said they are trying to start classes on how to treat customers, I know walmart doesn't pay well in some places but in centerville it is one of the better paying jobs. Sad huh?! But I just don't see why we can't be treated like people used to be in the old days, where you said hello how are you, may i help you and such as that.

Unicornmom77
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
I hate when cashiers act like you are taking THIER money or getting a better price on THEIR merchandice!!! ARRRRRRRRR I feel your pain!!

llbriteyes
01-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
I contacted walmart AGAIN after rudeness of this type and told the manager that my family and I would start patronizing other stores if the attitudes didn't improve, this is in the local store in centerville iowa, and my mom called and did the same, the manager said they are trying to start classes on how to treat customers, I know walmart doesn't pay well in some places but in centerville it is one of the better paying jobs. Sad huh?! But I just don't see why we can't be treated like people used to be in the old days, where you said hello how are you, may i help you and such as that.

That's why I go out of my way to shop at the same grocery store each week. I'm always treated as a valuable customer. I give them loyalty (even though I'm the woman in line you don't want to get behind because of all my coupons and such," and they treat me pretty good.

Of course, I live in a very small town too. Most everyone knows everyone else.

L

mikang
01-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Every time I go to walmart I end up with a rude cashier so I started shopping at our local grocery store. It's a bit higher, but I get treated really nice and it makes my day when people are nice to me. My husband used to work for a company and they made him take classes on how to be nice to people. It was a required class and he didn't even work with the public. I think walmart should start making the employees take those kind of classes. My husband was in managment and he said it really helped the people out that worked on the floor.