PDA

View Full Version : One reason I hate being a woman...

Kelsey1224
01-16-2004, 08:37 AM
hot flashes....arghhhh....

enough said

moogle
01-16-2004, 09:21 AM
I'll add night sweats, so that's 2 reasons!

schsa
01-16-2004, 09:26 AM
As soon as I started having problems my doctor recommended FMHRT. It has made a world of difference. I feel great. No hot flashes, no yucky feeling, nothing. You can only be on it for 5 years but it will be worth it.

Kelsey1224
01-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by schsa
As soon as I started having problems my doctor recommended FMHRT. It has made a world of difference. I feel great. No hot flashes, no yucky feeling, nothing. You can only be on it for 5 years but it will be worth it.

Yes...that does work. Unfortunately, doctors are no longer recommending HRT because of new research which shows increased breast cancer or something.

And...I get night sweats too... I just think of them as nighttime hot flashes. Makes getting a good nights sleep almost impossible.

freeplease
01-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I got some great advice right here in BBS. Get on birth control pills. I've been on them for 2 years, and menapause isn't so rough.
It just stinks to go through a hysterectomy, and still have to put up with menapause. There should be a law! :rolleyes:

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah? What about us younger ladies who must suffer once a month with Aunt Flo's visit? :eek: She started her visit today, and man is she causing a LOT of pain. :(

(edited for typos)

AngelGrim
01-16-2004, 03:43 PM
What about those of us that have hormone problems and don't have a visit from aunt flo, and i am 31, and I still pms like crazy but no cycle. Can't get pregnant without a cycle so hello, it bites. I sometimes feel like I am menopausal too lol.

Kelsey1224
01-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
Oh yeah? What about us younger ladies who must suffer once a month with Aunt Flo's visit? :eek: She started her visit today, and man is she causing a LOT of pain. :(

(edited for typos)

I'd trade these hourly hot flashes for a monthly visit...really I would...LOL!

Okay...being a woman is a pain. (But at least most of us get to have babies.)

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Knock on wood....I'm 29 and had a hysterectomy 3 years ago in March and so far no menopause!!!

fatesfaery
01-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by JENNIFERCATLADY
Knock on wood....I'm 29 and had a hysterectomy 3 years ago in March and so far no menopause!!!

Jennifer did you have a total or partial hysterectomy? If you had a total (where they remove your ovaries), then you went through menopause when you had your surgery. If you had a partial you'll go through menopause normally when your ovaries stop producing the needed amount of estrogen.

jonette5
01-16-2004, 09:47 PM
How about having hot flashes, night sweats also am on birth control, have monthly visits, am 39, doctors tell me I am too young for menopause and being on birth control will make my hormones right and the reason I have night sweats is cuz my bedroom is too hot!(yea right! I sleep in a basement bedroom with no heat!) GRRRRRRRRR! I am looking for a doc. who will listen to me and not tell me I am crazy! My family doc told me to try Black Cohosh (sp) and it has worked some but not much.

karenc001
01-16-2004, 09:58 PM
oh I found a doctor that will listen, but then his response
was you do know that this is all in your head dont you. I
would have like to have kicked him well you know where.

jonette5
01-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by karenc001
oh I found a doctor that will listen, but then his response
was you do know that this is all in your head dont you. I
would have like to have kicked him well you know where.

OMG!!!! Yea, when we are sweating like pigs, so hot we feel like we can't breath and having to change pajamas in the middle of the night cuz ours are soaked with sweat....we are just imagining it! LOL! Dang docs!
I though maybe seeing a woman doc would help but she also told me I was crazy!
You know when I am sweating my butt off, if any of my butt was REALLY coming off I wouldn't mind, but since that is not working...I WANT HELP FOR THIS TO STOP! LOL LOL LOL!

(((((((HUGS))))))) to all who are going through this!

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-16-2004, 11:12 PM
fatesfaery...the dr left a teeny tiny slice of each of my overies there. So hopefully I won't have to worry about it for awhile!!!

jonette5....don't worry! I had to go through 20 dr's in 3 years before I found one that listened to me. All the dr's that I saw said that: 1) All women go thru this. 2.) It is my imagination. Well let me tell you, I must have a REALLY VIVID imagination. It turned out that I had 11 cycts ranging from the size of a pin head to a golfball, endometriosis, AND an inverted uterus!!! BTW....the only dr that even did so much as an ultrasound was the one that did my surgery.

morris2b
01-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Well I don't want none of the above and if Aunt Flo does not learn how to stay away when she is not invited me and her are going to fight and I am afraid it is not going to be pretty, LOL..

I dread the hot flashes and all the above but really wish I never had aunt flo, cause sometimes she creats chaos for me. then other times I don't even know shes around, nothing like having to get up in the middle of a deep sleep and having to take a shower.. :(

hotwheelstx
01-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Loathe aunt flo w/all my heart. She's been hanging around to damn long. She's "worn out" her welcome here...lol.

Hot flashes....aren't just a flash they last and last and seem to never go away.

Aunt Flo wants to leave....that's fine w/me. I wish she'd pack her bags/belongings and go to another house.

Been dealing w/this woman to damn long.

She's seeing a dr. now to see what can be done. Just because she's "worn out" doesn't mean that I am.

Then, men say it's EASY BEING A WOMAN......Now, that's a statement from Mars if I ever heard one.

Here's something that might help us out:

AUNT FLO

Drink Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz. Sloe Gin
- 0.5 oz. Orange Juice
- 0.25 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp. Powdered Sugar

Drink Mixing Directions:
Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients except Carbonated Water into shaker and shake well. Fill a Highball glass almost full with ice cubes and strain drink into Highball glass. Fill with Carbonated Water. Stir well.

Have never tried it but I think next time she shows up at my door I'll get snockered maybe she'll leave sooner....lol:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"I don't know who even came up with the silly notion that women aren't women without a period, but whoever it was needs a good slap in the face."

llbriteyes
01-17-2004, 11:54 AM
My mother was having female problems, and in order to do some tests she had to be put in labor. She was 50 years old! lol Poor woman. We kept telling her to PUSH!

Linda

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-17-2004, 01:07 PM
This works for severe cramps ginger brandy and hot tea.

fatesfaery
01-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by hotwheelstx
"I don't know who even came up with the silly notion that women aren't women without a period, but whoever it was needs a good slap in the face."

I agree! When I had my hysterectomy at 27, the woman my dad was dating felt the need to have the "you'll still be a woman" chat with me.....I looked her like she was crazy, it never even crossed my mind that the misery I went through every month was a required component of being a woman.

One of my friends put it best..."You're just getting the baby bed taken out and having the play pen put in."

It's been almost 14 years.....don't have hot flashes or mood swings much anymore, but I think nightsweats are just something that are never going away......HRT does work, I took Premarin for over 5 years, but since my mom had breast cancer I stopped taking it.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-17-2004, 01:33 PM
I agree with you Fatesfaery!!! I feel like a new woman since I had mine done. But I missed out on the "you're still a woman" lecture. When I had my surgery it was on a need to know basis...if you were going to give me a hard time you didn't need to know about it!

One of my friends put it best..."You're just getting the baby bed taken out and having the play pen put in."

The only one that gives me a hard time (and she doesn't even do it to be mean) is Robert's mom. She wants a grandbaby so bad. Robert is the best though. I don't want kids (can't have 'em anyway) and he doesn't want kids. Between the two of us we have our 7 "kids" (cats & dogs)!!!