PDA

View Full Version : Its The Weekend Start Of Ex,got The Dreaded Phone Call

msmom79
01-16-2004, 08:31 AM
EX HAD TOLD ME A WEEK AGO THAT I COULD USE HIS TRUCK TO PICK UP OUR OLDEST SON AFTER I GOT OFF OF WORK.MY CAR WAS IN THE SHOP,ITS OUT NOW,SO I DECIDED TO BE SAFE I WOULD TRADE CARS WITH MY YOUNGEST SON.OH WELL I GET THIS PHONE MESSAGE" MY TRUCKS AT MY HOUSE IF YOU NEED TO USE IT" JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW THIS 2003 NEW TRUCK IS IN MY NAME TOO,BUT EX TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME "CAUSE HE SAID IM A BAD MOM,AND I ONLY THINK OF MYSELF,NOW YOU ALL KNOW ALOT OF WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH ME CAUSE I HAVE SHARED IT WITH YOU"S.THE EX'S NEW ONE IS OH ABOUT JUNE OF THIS YEAR SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN TO THIS NEW TRUCK,WITH WHAT HE KEEPS DOING TO ME,IN A WAY IM GLAD HE TOOK IT,CAUSE I DONT WANT INVOLVED IN ANY WRONG DOING,BUT WHAT SCARES ME IS MY NAMES ON THE TITLE AND BANK NOTE TOO.IM STAYING AWAY FROM THE TRUCK AND HIM,CAUSE HE CAUSES ME ENOUGH GREIF NOW,I DONT KNOW IF HE WILL HARM THE TRUCK OR NOT,BUT WITH THE CALLING,SHOWING UP AT MY JOB THE MENTAL ABUSE HATE,THE WAY HE TREATS ME IN FRONT OF MY SONS,THIS GUY IS SCARY. AND HE BLAMES IT ON ME,HE SAYS EVERYTHING IS MY FAULT,I DONT HURT PEOPLE,I DONT GO TO THEIR HOMES AT 2 IN THE MORNING,I DONT ABUSE THEM IN FRONT OF THEIR KIDS.WHY IS HE LIKE THIS? THERE ARE DAYS I REALLY AM AT MY WITS END,AND I WANT TO SHOOT HIM(YES I MEAN THIS)I DONT CAUSE I KNOW GOD DONT WANT ME TOO,BUT SOMETIMES I WANT TO HURT HIM BACK VERY BADLY.THANKS FOR LETTING ME BLOW STEAM EVERYONE,HUGS ANN

Kelsey1224
01-16-2004, 08:36 AM
I don't know what to say to you except to give you hugs. He is an abuser...you know that. He is extremely frustrated because he can't control you anymore. Just because he says these things to you...doesn't make them true. You just have to stop trying to reason with him because he is unreasonable! Next time he says that the everything is your fault...reply, "Yea...and the sky is yellow too!!!"

It is just as ludicrous a statement as anything he has said.

Good luck and keep safe!

iluvmybaby
01-16-2004, 09:02 AM
get that truck out of your name! I would be scared to death that he would do something and then YOU would be held responsible since it is in YOUR name. Have it repo'd and then tell X that you want it put in his name or you are letting them keep it and cutting your losses

Oh and HUGS hun

lassss
01-16-2004, 09:09 AM
get your name off that and fast.....I had a house with the ex that he wanted to live in after we divorced. I kept my name on it so when it sold, we'd both get profits...well numbnuts let the house payments go and the house went up for foreclosure which destroyed my credit rating. Have a clean parting this way your butt is covered.

schsa
01-16-2004, 09:24 AM
If he wants the truck he either buys it from you and pays off the loan or you sell it and pay off the loan. Either way you need your name off of it. Next, get your name off of anything that is joint and be sure that all of the utilities for the house are in your name only. Either get caller ID or get a second phone number for your home so you know who is calling and when. And get your name off of all joint credit cards if you haven't already.

You have to protect yourself first. Your ex is scared which is why he is playing this game. He knows that he is no longer in control of what you do so he does what he can to hurt you. Also it shows what an insecure person he is as well.

Your sons see the way he is acting and believe me they are with you not him. He is only making his relationship with his son's much, much worse.

MsLynn
01-16-2004, 09:28 AM
GO GET THAT TRUCK AND A RETRAINING ORDER... If your name is on that truck then he can't do anything about it....

is it ONLY in your name or his too???? if his name isn't not, i'd take the truck and tell him if he tried to take it you'd report it stolen....

if its in both of your names do like everyone suggested and find a way to get your name off of it

lassss
01-16-2004, 09:29 AM
also, if he does anything with that truck like getting into an accident or worse yet kills someone while driving it, they are not only gonna go after him but YOU as well simply because the truck is in your name.

redrig
01-16-2004, 10:55 AM
GET YOUR NAME OFF THAT TRUCK!!!!!

christianw27
01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't tell him anything, then I would call the police and report the truck stolen and throw his butt in jail....

feliciac
01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
I have to agree with everyone, get your name off that truck. If it's only in your name, get it back. If it's your name only, you can get it back by reporting it stolen. It's called theft by conversion, my grandma had this happen when she let somone borrow a vehicle and they didn't return it.

(((((((((msmom))))))))))))

AngelGrim
01-16-2004, 03:36 PM
definately get your name off there, had same situation and dh got into a wreck in one of ours in missouri and someone got hurt that was riding in our vehicle and they put a 25,000 dollar thing against my license, got it taken care of as I didn't have any knowledge that the vehicle was being driven, so I got lucky, dh paid dearly for the accident and we worked through it, but it is just smart to get your name off there, your not benefitting from the truck, why have to worry about anything that has to go on with it.

msmom79
01-17-2004, 12:04 AM
OF THE LOAN AND THE TRUCK?I DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS??? YEAH I TOOK MY OWN CAR TO PICK UP MY OLDEST SON.I FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT.ACTUALLY EX CAN STICK THE NEW TRUCK WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE FOR ALL I CARE,BUT I DO WORRY ABOUT THE TITLE BEING IN BOTH OUR NAMES AND THE LOAN TOO.HE IS PAYING IT RIGHT NOW BY HIMSELF,CAUSE I REFUSE TO PAY MY HALF,WHEN HE TOOK IT.I DONT THINK I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY,SO I DONT.(GOOD FOR ME) IM LEARNING FROM ALL OF YOU.THE THING THAT SCARES ME IS HE WILL DESTROY THE TRUCK,LIKE HE KEEPS SAYING,AND I WILL GO DOWN WITH HIM,AND TO ME THATS NOT FAIR.SO IF ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW I CAN GO ABOUT CHANGING THIS TITLE AND LOAN TO HIS NAME ONLY,PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.AND ONE MORE THING,IF EX IS SO INSECURE WITH HIMSELF,WHY DOES HE KEEP HURTING AND ABUSING ME? SOMETIMES I DONT KNOW HOW HE SLEEPS AT NIGHT.THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND YOUR ADVICE IT IS SO GREATLY APPRECIATED. ANN

Gumball1960
01-18-2004, 02:52 AM
About the title, call the BMV and tell them what's going on. About the loan, call the loan company the loan is with and explain the situation. Maybe one or both places will be able to give you some help. Good luck.

momfromTN
01-18-2004, 05:59 AM
Also, I would not allow him to see the kids if he is that crazy. There have been reports of men killing their kids to retaliate against the ex. I am not trying to scare you, but no man who hurts me is going to have my kids so he can abuse them too.

Azriel_LittleHawk
01-18-2004, 06:29 PM
y'know..if he goes out and kills someone with that truck you are responsible? cause it is in your name!! GET IT TRANSFERED TO HIM ASAP!! if he doesn;'t agree? get an attorney and have it on record that you TRIED to get it transfered into his name and he refused etc.

CYA!!!! first rule of social work!! COVER YOUR ASS!
DOCUMNET DOCUMENT DOCUMENT!! second ruile of social work!! **sorry ddrilled into my head atr college..but a good rule of thumb!