PDA

View Full Version : Please send a prayer for my sister

momof4inMi
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
I dont know where to begin other than saying my older sister has just been admitted to ICU ~ here in Det .. she came down sick with what they thought was a virus on Friday of last week , ended up with a lump on the lower side of her neck that was causing severe pain. She made it until Monday and finally Tuesday couldnt take it any more her Doc decided to admit her for a high fever <which still is 103> and hives due to a allergic reaction to other meds that she was given on Fri...
The infection control doctoc told my brother inlaw when he asked him to come aside from her that their doing all that they can possibly do at this point as they have "NO" idea what their up against ..
Please please keep her in your thoughts and prayers ...
They have had to put her in ICU for the fever and her heart rate going as high as 150 :(
Thanks everyone ..

LadyBones
01-15-2004, 05:06 PM
{{{{{momof4inMi}}}}} Your sister and Brother-in-Law are both in my prayers

gonzo
01-15-2004, 07:16 PM
{{{{{momof4inMi}}}}} Your sister and her family is in my prayers.

twinkiesmom
01-15-2004, 07:19 PM
{{{momof4inMi, sis and bil))) Please keep us update.

momof4inMi
01-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I dont have any real details but mom just called her and dad came in from the hospital my BIL left a message that their fixing to take her into surgery at 11 est .. please keep the prayers coming that this will resolve the problem :( thank you everyone for your kind thoughts

bloomingdasee
01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
My thoughts are with you keep us posted

BeanieLuvR
01-15-2004, 09:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and your family.

Dolly<3
01-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Your family will be in my thoughts. :( I'm sorry this is happening to you.

hmkejma
01-15-2004, 09:30 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister and your family.

janelle
01-16-2004, 12:11 AM
How scarey. Will be praying.

momof4inMi
01-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Update ~
Mom called about 3 am they got her out of surgery at 1 found absolutely nothing they originally went into try to drain or repair if you could say what is called the Periodontal (gland) but didnt find anything wrong with it. They took samples of the tissue in her neck as well as chest hoping that might lead them somewhere..as they still say they have no idea what their up against..
She is in ICU ~ heart rate is still very high up to the 170's now :( I dont know any more than that once i find out i'll update again...

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Good thoughts and prayers headed your way. I hope they find the cause of all she is going through,and hope she is better soon.

THEpouty1
01-16-2004, 05:52 AM
I really hope the doctors figure out what they're dealing with so they can help your sister very soon. I'm sure it's a very scary and frustrating thing to go through.

JWWB2000
01-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Prayers coming your family's way. Hope she is better soon!!

Countrymom
01-16-2004, 06:31 AM
I will keep your sister and your family in my prayers.

teenies*mom
01-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming from our family

momof4inMi
01-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Back from the hospital, we've been there all day the family , she is still in ICU and now on a ventlator :(:(:( the doctor said it could go either way basically they have her very sedated so she is still and cant move although she does hear us talking to her ...
Heart rate is still high in the 140's but comes down when were in the room one by one w/ my BIL and talk to her .. They still have no idea what they are up against :( all the information they can come up with is it is some sort of bacteria but what kid is beyond them right now ..

momof4inMi
01-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Update again ...Her heart rate has dropped finally down into the high 120's , lowest that it has been since last week so thats a positive thing .. she is still sedated though it is so hard seeing her this way :(
They did receive all of the blood work back sometime over night and said that all the results are good .
No word on the tissue samples that they took when surgery was done night before last..
Will update more when i know thank you everyone for your prayers i know they are helping her through this

momof4inMi
01-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Keep those prayers coming she is still no where being better as they have no idea what this is or how to deal with it other than antibotics .. 1 of the doctors that operated on her came in tonight had absolutely NO bedside manners what so ever :mad: There is no change in her other than her temp went up to 101.1 again they gave her tynenol and it seemed to bring it down .
I so wish that she could just wake up and smile and we could say this was all a bad dream :(

laughsalot
01-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I will keep you and your sis in my thoughts and prayers!!

heartlvrs
01-17-2004, 09:28 PM
many hugs and prayers hon!

queenangie
01-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Sending hugs and prayers your direction.
God Bless your SIL and family during this difficult
sickness.
Hugs,
Angie

tsquared
01-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Keeping all in my prayers and thoughts.....hope they find what is wrong soon.......

lovee777
01-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I'm so sorry! I hope they are able to find out what it is and treat her.
You will all be in my prayers!

momof4inMi
01-22-2004, 05:53 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers :)
I havent been at the hospital since Tuesday , they did take the vent out yesterday afternoon she is finally able to breathe on her own .. oxygen was put in place now for a little while mom said that she was wheezing really bad .. her heart is stable and she is slowly coming out of being so sedated .. All of the lab results have come back and this is still a mystery , they dont know what it is ... totally unbelieveable i know but as long as she is on her road to recovery is all that matters to me, she'll remain in ICU for another 3 to 4 days until they feel that they can move her into another room .. I"ll update again when i know more or if her status changes again .. Again thank you all so much {{{HUGS}}}

YankeeMary
01-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Wow how tough for you all...you are in our prayers.

ajksmom
01-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Glad she is improving, will continue to pray for her.

texasgander
01-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Hope she gets better soon!