PDA

View Full Version : Someone come take my place....PLEASE!!!!

hotwheelstx
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, I guess we're feeling better today. We're chattering a mile a minute (not really sure if it's him/medicine), eating like there's no tomorrow, walking several times an hour.

Still is hooked up to everything so we get up and drag it w/us. Taken the stockings off a couple of times only to be told to put them back on.

Then, wants to argue (dispute) about picking up a suitcase. I picked it up....and he had a fit..."That's a husband thing to do". Well, husband can't lift anything for awhile so I guess it's me...."You (me) have a bad back". Oh well, my time will come when you'll have to take care of me like this....you already have once wanna do it again?????

Dr. says he's doing very well. Of course Aggie thinks he can go home NOW. Tells dr. that I can take care of him since I've been thru this w/my mother.

Not so....that was very difficult and scarey at the same time. You really don't know what to expect once you're home. I'd much rather him be here for a few more days than to take a chance on something else happening. Hell, it took him getting dizzy to even go to a hospital in the first place.

Long story but the Saturday before the 30 of Dec. Aggie woke me up in the middle of the night complaining of chest pains. I SHOT OUT OF BED....got dressed, packed called an ambulance. All for him to say it's alright if I sit here and rub my chest. Sent the ambulance away and went back to bed. Of course I was up for the rest of the night and all the next day.....watching his every move.

Then, Dec. 30th he (Aggie) calls me from an ambulance and says "Don't say I told you so but I'm having a heart attack".....I think he had one that Saturday before. Thinks/thought I was being paranoid. "It's heatburn"....that's what my mother thought it was, too. Waited 3 days to call and tell me she was sick. In those 3 days at home alone she'd had 2 heart attacks...per blood test/heart test.

Then, earlier today calls his stepmother/dad...gets into it w/her about what she's said to me in the past.....I yanked the phone out of his hand, told the woman goodbye, hung up. Says he was trying to defend my honor w/all she's done/said to me in the past. This isn't the RIGHT TIME/PLACE TO DO IT...AGGIE.

Help me that I don't have a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN BEFORE THIS IS ALL OVER. I can just see us at home for 6 weeks of recovery.....I'm going to have to hide every tool, heavy item, car keys.....that we own......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mlayton1994
01-15-2004, 02:57 PM
((hugs))

captorquewrench
01-15-2004, 03:18 PM
hard as it to help them when they go through this.....i know my stepdad was STUBBORN when he had his trip bypass year before last.....him & mom are still adjusting.

if you need a break...im here.

Kelsey1224
01-15-2004, 03:19 PM
It does sound like he is feeling better. Maybe you need to go home for a while. Let the nurses deal with him while you get some much needed rest!

Give him hugs from all of us and tell him that we say he needs to behave!!!

schsa
01-15-2004, 05:51 PM
First time he does something out of line tell him you're calling your insurance agent because when he dies you want to be a very rich widow.

His doctor needs to slap him up the side of the head or hire a part time nurse who has retired from the military and won't take any crap from him.

kelly12569
01-15-2004, 07:30 PM
too bad you cant put "call block" on his hospital room phone as far as his mother is concerned... you dont need to take that hun.... next time she calls just say "I need to go, my husband needs me" and hang up. I know I know...sounds easier said than done but sounds like its worth a try hun... pm me anytime u need to vent. Ive been following your posts and wish you the best.

tsquared
01-15-2004, 07:37 PM
ahhh sounds like things are improving greatly......typical man wanting to hurry up and get busy from being tied down.......he will do ok you just need to give him some leeway as the more you badger him about not doing this and that the more he will become obstinant and want to do it

hotwheelstx
01-16-2004, 06:26 AM
As of today 1/16/04 I'm going home. I'll be back....I really need a break.

I think Ag's met his "match" for the day. His day nurse comes from a family of military....father retired Marine. She was in Army for 6 years....and she married a military man. Boy, she's tough. I'm not sure I can get past her....lol.

They're "throwing" shots at each other...by mouth. I think they'll be great together...hopefully no one will get hurt....lol.

She's here til 7:00 p.m. so that gives me a few hours to sleep, eat and run errands. I'll be back up here before she's off.

Lastnite's nurse....same as tonite Aggie and she really didn't "click"...don't really have to but it helps. Had a few "choice" words to say to one another. I stayed out of it. After that I did most of what needed to be done during the night myself. Except for meds., vitals.

Hopefully drainage tubes coming out today. That's what was said yesterday. He's up, walking, talking, almost running....well, he's trying to find the nearest exit outta here...lol I have the car....so he can't go anywhere and his truck is at home.

We're pretty far from home for him to be taking a bus, cab attempting to walk it....although I wouldn't put any of those past him.

I'm sure they'll be a few "butted heads" today...that's fine. Aggie will feel right at home as if I'm still there.

Hope everyone is well and having a great Friday.....Hopefully that's what today is. I'm going to sleep, sleep, sleep.

Take care everyone :)

Anthill
01-16-2004, 06:44 AM
That's Great that he is doing so good. Typical Male though, when my husband had his back surgery, he had to stay in bed for 6 weeks afterwards. He had to sleep on the sofa bed, (better for his back than a reg bed). People were always coming over to see him, and he would insist on putting the sofa bed back to the Sofa. I would yell at him all the time that people can sit on the other part of the couch or chairs or if so sit on the floor. Used to drive me crazy. BUT that's a MAN for ya.

Well good luck and I will pray that you will be fine in the end also.

freeplease
01-16-2004, 11:02 AM
and threaten to tape his butt to the bed if he acts up. lol I'm sure your "army nurse" will help you bolt him down.
But seriously, good to hear things are looking up. Men! can't live with 'em, can't leave 'em stranded at rest stops...or can we? ;)

hotwheelstx
01-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Men! can't live with 'em, can't leave 'em stranded at rest stops...or can we?

I'm sure we could/can...if we really wanted to. However, I waited a LONG TALL TIME TO GET MARRIED IN MY LIFE. It's about 3:00 I just got up. Called and checked on Aggie....He of course I could hear in the background....complaining, starting to get a little "whiney".

Scooby's there w/him. So, he's got someone to talk to. I'm on my way back in a little while. Need to run a few errands and p/u some personal care products Aggie needs. I hate dragging full/sizes up there.

Talk to ya'll soon.

schsa
01-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Well, he's still whining so he's still alive. I am glad to see that you got a break. And he's doing alright.

van1
01-17-2004, 04:53 AM
Many of your posts in the last three years sure do prove YOU can and do set rules when you have to, and you do enforce them. Go for it girl! And, keep in mind, if the nurse (YOU) is exhausted and frustrated, it only prolongs the patients recovery...Get him better fast! Then kick his butt! And most of all...TAKE TIME for you !

Just a Grannie in Michigan