PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people be more responsible?

amysusi
01-15-2004, 10:39 AM
THe owner came back this week, and processed the 2 weeks worth of paperwork. So this morning, I was filing it, and I was getting so irritated. A big chunk of what I had to file were copies of past due rent notices he just sent out. Alot of these people have just let it go. The other chunk of what I filed were copies of the returned envelopes. People, you need to keep your addy current with us!! Maybe some do it because they are trying to avoid the you-owe-us-money mail, but in any case, if something happens to your unit, and we can't contact you, you're out of luck. Just a few weeks ago, I tried to notify a woman because her lock had been cut off. Her number was disconnected. Fortunate for her,2 days later she needed something out of her unit, and came over and found a manager's lock on it. Nothing was stolen, thankfully.

I guess I'm a bit irritated with the owner too. We're way past due for an auction. There are about 4 units that haven't been paid in over a year. He just keeps trying to track them down. Why doesn't he realize that even if he does, he'll never get a penny out of them. He's told me that auctions are quite pricey to put on, with auctioneers fee, and lawyer fees. But my friend who just quit as a storage manager (and had WAY more responsibility than I did) said we don't need an auctioneer. She always just used an attorney. I'm going to ask her about it. Owner also says that it's a couple hundres bucks to put a little ad in the paper for it too (a little ad, in the classifieds, in the auction section). I'm sure there's alot of stuff I don't understand. There are strict legalities to the whole auction process. THe owner only has a little more experience than I do, he bought this place only 5 months before we came along.

It's just soooo past the time to be rid of the deadbeets!:mad:

freeby4me
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I've heard of owners after a year having a "come and get it" sale. Only they sell everything for really cheap just to get it out of there. Thats what i suggest. Have a lawyer give ya an A-ok then go at it!

AngelGrim
01-16-2004, 06:18 AM
Yep that is how they do it here too, but we have some that have auctions and tell you what, people flock to them sales, you never know what bargains your gonna get, and it doesn't cost a lot to run an ad. I don't know, maybe he is scared of what might happen if someone comes back angry. I would definately do something, he is losing money with those units being full.