PDA

View Full Version : Aggie's Awake....

hotwheelstx
01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
He's not to happy. Says he doesn't really remember all that went on w/Angeoplasty and certainly not being told this.

Cardi. came in said that his arteries were almost 60% percent clogged on one side. He (dr.) still doesn't understand why/what the other cardiologist thinking is/was. Was he waiting for all arteries to be clogged, more clogged????? He's really at a loss.

Aggie says he can breath better and by all accounts color is back in his face. I've never seen his cheeks so pink...he'd kill me if he heard me say that...lol.

Family is here....mine. My mom called Aggie's parents-to let them know what was going on. Talked w/mil. Said it didn't seem to really matter to her. That's why I didn't want to call myself.

I'm happy that Aggie has at least my family to fall back on. We're only a few people-mostly women except for Scooby and 1 cousin but we're here for him for the haul.

Momma doesn't really remember most of this part of what's going on.....She had/has to rely on Scooby/I to tell her about it. For the most part she's wonderful support for Aggie and can tell him what to expect.

We've walked the halls (slowly) a couple of times to pump the blood to the heart. Tubes are everywhere you look....Aggie can't stand it. It's "irritating, annoying, tacky".....that's putting it nicely.

Can't stand the tights on his legs (to help w/ phlebitis). Keeps asking me why women would/do wear such a thing....they're a PAIN.

If he keeps this up he'll be moved out of ICU tonight/in am. Should be able to go home Monday.

LOATHES soup w/a passion even at home sick....so, it's a really nice "diet" for him for the next couple of days. I'm hearing it now....I want a hamburger, cereal, ice cream, milkshake....goes on and on.

This is kind of "gross" but I looked at his scar....it's really nicely done. My mom's didn't look half as good as his and it's left a terrible scar. I think his will heal nicely. Now, he's upset that he has few chest hairs to cover it up.....we all think that's funny.

Aggie's hanging in there for the most part. He's in pain and I can see it in his eyes. Even though he wants to play "tough guy" and pretend like nothing's happened.

Scooby did bring Aggie up a tape of Aggie songs/orchestra tunes...been playing them all day long. Aggie loves the Aggie Fight Song....hence this is why I call him Aggie. He calls me orange around the edges. Went to rival colleges here in Texas.

Sorry for all the post. I wanted to let everyone know what's happened....we're alright for the most part. It's a waiting game on his recovery. Some bounce back w/full force and others don't....as in my mother's case. I'm sure Aggie will bounce back w/no problem and be back to "his normal" in a few weeks.

The Aggie War Hymn

Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
All hail to dear old Texas A&M
Rally around Maroon and White
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
That good old Aggie Spirit thrills us
And makes us yell and yell and yell
So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M
We're gonna beat you all to Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, real stuff Texas A&M
Good bye to texas university
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
'the eyes of Texas are upon you'
That is the song they sing so well
Sounds Like Hell
So good bye to texas university
We're gonna beat you all to Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, Real stuff, Texas A&M

Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Short! A!
Varsity's horns are sawed off
Short! A!

The Spirit Of Aggieland

Some may boast of prowess bold
Of the school they think so grand
But there is a Spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
We are the Aggies - the Aggies are we
True to each other as Aggies can be
We've got to fight boys, we've got to fight
We've got to fight for Maroon and White
After they've boosted all the rest
Then they will come and join the best
For we are the Aggies, the Aggies so [true]
We are from Texas A.M.[U.]

This is funny....Aggie is origionally from Michigan. Has truly made Texas his home. Even if he still makes light of "Texas" sayings/some foods. He's still a southerner at heart.

I love A.R.F. Hang in there sweetie pie, sugarplum (some of your favorite funny words)...I'm here 100% and so is my family for anything.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Make it the best you can.

Take care,
Melanie

iluvmybaby
01-14-2004, 01:24 PM
So glad to hear that things are looking up for you and Aggie Melanie, I have been following you and Aggies story for a while, wondering what the outcome will be. When is he going to be able to come home?

ezmoney163
01-14-2004, 01:44 PM
((HUGZ))

schsa
01-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Now just do as the doctor orders and he'll only get better and better. Don't you just love men when they can't help themselves? I am glad that everything went so well. He's going to be fine.

cch
01-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Glad he's doing better!

I don't know if anyone has told you, but get him a small pillow to hold against his chest when he coughs, it will help greatly!

texasgander
01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
ditto on the pillow....when my Dad had his they gave him a heart shaped pillow to "hug".........glad he came through ok!!!

zitra
01-14-2004, 04:20 PM
glad to hear he is doing better ((((HUGS)))) to you both.

freeplease
01-14-2004, 04:30 PM
and that Aggie is doing ok. I'm sure the nursing staff are getting a kick out of his music choices. :D Keep up the good work, we're all rooting for you both. Tell Aggie there's a nice tofu shake waiting for him. lol

MamaFairal
01-14-2004, 04:34 PM
On your way to healing now.....

Get some much needed rest Melanie :)

Give Aggie our hugs!

Kelsey1224
01-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks for posting an update. Tell Aggie that there are a whole ton of women (and a few men) who are praying for him and rooting for him to get better soon!!!

ajksmom
01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
So glad that things went well and looks like he is doing better. I wish him continued and quick healing.

llbriteyes
01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
My two cents... YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!! :) Sounds like he'll do just fine. I'm very happy for you all.

Linda

Army-Mom
01-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I am glad he is doing good. hope he gets stronger every day..saying prayers for you and your family.
hugs and prayers,
Marcia

tsquared
01-14-2004, 08:50 PM
AHHHHHHHH that is so coolAggie is doing great..we men act like it hurts to get more sympathy....lol
Glad things are going great for both of you......
Things will turn out terrific!!

jcw
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Glad to hear he's doing good

annie169
01-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Glad his angioplasty went well for him! His coloring sounds great and his agitation is to be expected!!! LMAO!! And those "tights" are TED hose and they are a he!!uv a lot WORSE than nylons!! I had to wear them after a car accident...they are sooo much worse than any hose I've ever worn (even control top). He's up n walking which is wonderful!! You've been thru a similar routine so you know how important a lot of what the Drs. tell him is sooo important. Good luck!

hotwheelstx
01-15-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by tsquared
AHHHHHHHH that is so coolAggie is doing great..we men act like it hurts to get more sympathy....lol
Glad things are going great for both of you......
Things will turn out terrific!!

1/15/04
I think you're right......I know it's a "front" but he's still trying to act like "Mr. Tough"

Late lastnite tranferred out of ICU into his own room. It's a private...not sure why we didn't request it. Still hooked up to all the monitors and walking the halls.....about every 90 mins. or so. Now, he's complaining of wanting a cigarette.....wants to go home NOW since you really get NO rest being in a hospital. Nurses are in/out every 45 mins. I'm used to it really....I can sleep thru it. Aggie can't.

Kind of getting back his "old self". I've had to tailgate him a couple of times to "do a dummy". He just looks at me and says.....O.K. DAMMIT, IF I HAVE TO. YES, YOU HAVE TO.

Hopefully soft foods today. He hasn't been having an upset stomach. I'm hoping anyway.

We (he w/my help) attempted to take a small shower about 2 hours ago....after nurses came in and wiped more of this gel off his chest. Didn't work out very well....but we got a lot of it off and he does feel "cleaner".

I'll update more later...as the day progresses. I'm really hoping he can go home by Monday. Taking drainage tube out tomorrow if all goes well.

Take care everyone,
Melanie

JWWB2000
01-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Wishing him a speedy recovery and the best to all your family.

the1bea
01-15-2004, 08:00 PM
YEAH! Sounds like everything went well. :) I know all about getting no rest in hospitals.. had to do it for almost a year with my son. Every hour on the hour to do vitals. But anyways, I am glad that he is doing better, and pretty soon, you guys will be in your own home resting!
:)

MsPiggy44
01-15-2004, 10:03 PM
That is very good news

nightrider127
01-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Did he have angioplasty or did he have a CABG? It sounds like he had a CABG done.

Either way, I hope he gets to come home and feels better real soon.

hotwheelstx
01-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by nightrider127
Did he have angioplasty or did he have a CABG? It sounds like he had a CABG done.

Either way, I hope he gets to come home and feels better real soon.

CABG. Tried the Angeoplasty first and couldn't get around the arteries to get them unclogged and it was the bottom 2 and under the heart.

He's home as of yesterday. Home for 6 weeks.....Wish me luck.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: