PDA

View Full Version : Tires Plus....GRRRR!!!

Momof2totsand1teen
01-14-2004, 10:11 AM
On Monday My husband and son took my SUV to Tires Plus to have the tires rotated and balanced. Tuesday I drove 50 miles on the highway to work and back. Tues pm me and hubby went to a local restaurant. At the first stop there was a horrible GROAN sound. He thought it was the brakes.

When we got home he was looking at the wheels and on the front driver's side wheel 3 out of 5 lug nuts were MISSING!!! The fourth loosened by hand, so ONE lug nut was holding my wheel on!!!

Thank God my In-Laws had my two little boys or I would have driven another 25 miles to pick them up.

Husband is at Tires Plus right now. They don't have any lug nuts the right size, of course, so they are calling the Mercedes Dealer/Repair Place.

They didn't do it on purpose I am sure. It also scares me because I'm sure I was flinging lug nuts on the highway.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

MamaFairal
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
That could of been very scarey if you had been driving and lost a wheel.....
Hope it gets fixed !

rlynn411
01-14-2004, 10:24 AM
I would be beyond mad. Yes I know theres such a thing as human error, but one would think it would just make sense to double check the lug nuts after they rotated the tires. I am so glad you made it home safely and their carelessness didn't have a whole different outcome.

dlwt
01-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Man that is terrible. True story I was having some brake work done on my car and they lost 2 OF my TIRES!!! They had to give me new ones but how dumb was that?? this was Les Schwab.
I also think they need to give you some sort of "Curtesy" ie: something you could use :))

itsmetiggy
01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
never ever ever ever ever go to tires plus at least the ones around here arent worth the hassle..wouldnt take my car again if it was FREE...charged me 85 bucks to do a diagnostic on my car then tells me they didn't find anything...then says it must be the spark plugs..i was like umm nope changed those yesterday along with the wires,dist cap and rotor..he says well you must not have known what you were doing..hes like its $180 for a plug job...<eyeroll> cost me less than 20 bucks to do them myself and less than 20 minutes..i finally got it to the mechanic i usually go to and he said that the model that i had has a history of pieces of the gas tank comin off on the inside,,,basically clogging the fuel system...then i find out afterwords NOT to go to tires plus..go figure...glad you guys are alright though,,,i might be sue happy but i would at least threaten to see a lawyer imagine what would have happened if you were on the highway...

schsa
01-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Well, getting the replacements from MBenz should cost them a pretty penny. They must have put them in place but never tightened them. That would have made me a bit crazy...