PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Club Of America

IselaRose
01-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Anyone join it? What are your feelings, the costs, the testing opportunities.

amysusi
01-14-2004, 09:36 AM
I joined a long time ago. I only stayed in a year. They want $25 a year, and they say you'll get all this neat stuff (like product testing, prizes, etc.) All I got was a little cheese grater for joining, and a couple magazines. I never tested anything, never won anything. It was a waste for me. $25 for a cheap grater and a couple recipes just wasn't worth it.

unicorn9149
01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by amysusi
I joined a long time ago. I only stayed in a year. They want $25 a year, and they say you'll get all this neat stuff (like product testing, prizes, etc.) All I got was a little cheese grater for joining, and a couple magazines. I never tested anything, never won anything. It was a waste for me. $25 for a cheap grater and a couple recipes just wasn't worth it. Ditto, I felt it was a big rip-off

Jolie Rouge
01-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by amysusi
I joined a long time ago. I only stayed in a year. They want $25 a year, and they say you'll get all this neat stuff (like product testing, prizes, etc.) All I got was a little cheese grater for joining, and a couple magazines. I never tested anything, never won anything. It was a waste for me. $25 for a cheap grater and a couple recipes just wasn't worth it.

This was my experience as well. The recipes and articles were a little "high end" -- not reallt practical for a SAHM with three kids. If you are looking for a good cooking magazine - i recommeend "Taste of Home". Lots of good simple recipes, entertaining artilces, and they also offer contests and oppurtunites for contributions. www.tasteofhome.com[/b]

flute
01-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Taste of home RULES!!!

I agree Jolie!

amysusi
01-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Me too! I love that one. And you can actually find those ingredients in the store, LOL. And it doesn't take 3 hours to cook!

jen-ron
01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
I have to agree with the above, never won anything, never got to test anything and you get like 6 mags a year with PRICEY meals in it. Definetely not worth it unless your into gorumet food at the gorumet prices. lol

pwright
01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I agree with the others!! Do not join. The recipes were not even good and most were too fancy for me.

IselaRose
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
yay! I've been saved! Thank you!