PDA

View Full Version : stupid mechanic

booker'sbaby24
01-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Well, my week has been awful. We have 2 cars a nova and a firebird. the firebird needed a new engine. well, a mechanic close by put it in and 2 days later the thing started knocking. since then my husband has had to put a new water pump, thermostat, fan and needs head gaskets but we don't have the money now to do it. the nova is gone! not fixable....He called the mechanic and you know what he told him. I only guarantee it to start not run! That is bull! We spent way lots of money for this guy to put a good engine in and we got ripped off. Help! My husband's boss is nice enough to let him use his extra car. He is going to help us get a car too! He is a great person to work for! Sorry just had to vent !

MamaFairal
01-14-2004, 10:00 AM
OOH OOH!
You got that "TAILGATE" warranty huh??? Once your tailgate passes over into the city street.....its gone! No coverage!

Sorry you got ripped off......A nova and firebird? What yrs???
I would personally post signs on the cars and let everyone know what the garage did so no one goes there ever!
JMO

rlynn411
01-14-2004, 10:18 AM
I think I would call your local new channel and see if they would be interested in doing one of those bad business segment stories. Where I'm at one of the local station does a "6 on your side segment". They help consumers who have had experiences such as yours. Nothing like some bad press to encourage some businesses to do the righ thing.

schsa
01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Don't trash the Nova. Give it to the Kidney Foundation and write it off your taxes.

freeby4me
01-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Im sorry you got ripped off. Its sad that some mechanics will do that. Its really hard to figure out whats wrong with the car to begin with. I suggest having your hubby take off all those parts he put on the car after you guys got it back and it was knocking. The engine is no good now. Sell off the parts you can, or sell the whole car as a junker. People will buy it for the parts. Im glad his boss is a nice person. I hope you the best! And keep us up on that nasty mechanic.

cindygirl
01-14-2004, 12:42 PM
My husband is a mechanic. Was this a used or a new motor?

iluvmybaby
01-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Call your local BBB, that is FRAUD, an good solid engine doesnt blow up in three or four days, here is the link

http://www.bbb.org/

Most mechanics gaurentee their work for 30 days on new repairs, however if he put a used motor in it I dont think that he is responsible for it unless he knew beforehand that there was something wrong with the motor that he put in ((sounds like he did, I dont gaurentee them to run just to start, BS!!!!))

booker'sbaby24
01-14-2004, 02:05 PM
thanks everyone for the support.