PDA

View Full Version : Cut my hand, stitches, this is gonna be interesting...

ajksmom
01-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Last night I was doing one of those "stupid things" that we all do at one time of another. I was trying to cut a plastic piece off of a picture frame to hang on Kali's wall with a knife...OF COURSE, it slipped and sliced my hand open. Right between my thumb and first finger. Had to go to the ER and got 7 stitches, which was interesting because it is right at the base of the thumb and was very interesting to stitch up (docs words).
Thank goodness it's my left hand but it is so hard to do things because it still hurts right now and because of the place it is cut in, it just makes things very awkward. The hubby and kids love me they are gonna have to do dishes for the next 10 days...guess I could say that's the only good thing about it!!

rlynn411
01-13-2004, 11:46 AM
OUCH.....

zitra
01-13-2004, 11:51 AM
((((HUGS))))

Momster
01-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Ow, that sounds painful! I hope it heals quickly.

peaceluver
01-13-2004, 12:59 PM
That very reason is why I am not allowed to play with sharp objects. LOL I am not kidding my mom has fits everytime she comes in and even thinks I have been cutting something. Hope it heals soon.

tiffany21
01-13-2004, 02:26 PM
OUCH

mjh341
01-13-2004, 04:52 PM
I know how you feel, except I was a little luckier than you. It was raining here on 12/23/03, me and my kids went to Kroger to get the stuff for Christmas dinner. I opened my car door, then opened my umbrella. I had no idea the thing was broke. One of the arms that spreads out the umbrella was broken and as I raised the umbrella it sliced right through the top of my left knuckle. All the way to the bone. Here is the funny part. I work in the ER I was treated at. I was terrified of having stitches(never had any while awake) and am also diabetic. I was so afraid my bloodsugar dropped to 26. The Dr said, we will glue it up so as not to upset you, but you need a tetnus shot. I had to wear a splint for 10 days not to reopen wound am fine now.

ajksmom
01-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks everyone, it is more sore tonight because I cleaned up today (as much as I could anyway).
mjh341- I'm glad that yours is better. Wish mine could have been glued but it was too wide and in the wrong place. I am a stitch pro though, I was a very gawky? kid. I have had stitches about 10 times in my 33 years, when I was a kid the ER actually threatened to call the police on my mom I was there so much...LOL, the woman never laid a hand on me. I too had to have a tetnus shot, the last time I had stitches I was pregnant with my oldest, so it's been over 15 years.
My mom, hubby and kids forbid me to use any knives today...BUT I DID!!!