PDA

View Full Version : We're checked in/here.....

hotwheelstx
01-13-2004, 06:39 AM
We finally made it into the new hospital yesterday. Aggie wouldn't get his "arse" in gear get going. Of course I was on pins/needles waiting on him to get ready.

New dr. did another stress test yesterday
(doesn't really want to rely on other drs. results). Aggie made it thru that. He's (Aggie) scheduled for an Angeoplasty sometime this am. He's to be the 3rd. one for the day....so, I was told by the nurse.

Family dr. came checked on us lastnite. Called early this am. He'll be by later to check on Aggie's progress.

Kind of feels live "deja-vu" here. This is the same hospital I was in for 6 months following my 18 wheeler/pedestrian accident 5 years ago. We're on the same floor-different room. Feels kinda "strange" to see all the same nurses. Aggie knows them all very well....since I was in here for so long. So, I'm at ease they'll take good care of him.

They did bring me a cot to sleep on. Said I could stay as long as I wanted to.

Basically it's a hurry up and wait game. Ag's hungry of course and can't eat til after procedure....so, he's really in a good mood about that. Chewing gum out the wazoo.....I have a ton in my purse if anyone wants any.

Laptop is working alright in Aggie's room. I'm allowed to use it as long as he's not on oxygen or has anything "running" connected to him.

I'll see how the day progresses try to check back in. I sincerely hope that Angeoplasty is all that he'll need and nothing further. We'll just have to wait and see.

BTW: MIL called Aggie lastnite to tell him that she thought this was all BS-doesn't understand how Aggie could have the same thing wrong w/him as Aggie Sr. I guess she's never heard of heredity.

Not positive but Aggie highly suspects that one brother (who hasn't been around in 30 years is/has had the same thing)....no one will ever know.

Youngest is starting to show signs of heart condition. He's in great health doesn't smoke, drink, he exercises, eats well......for all practical reasons he does everything to keep himself fit. He's seeing a cardiologist as well and says it's a "waiting game" til it gets worse.

I'm not blaming Aggie Sr. for any of this. I'm blaming HER for not telling the family sooner of Aggie Sr's. condition, age, what was going on. Aggie says it would of happened anyway but we could of been "better prepared" and known what signs to look for.

All sons were out of the house (grown) when Ag Sr. started having heart problems.

Older 2 brothers are in their 50's and 60's.....Aggie and younger brother are hitting 50.

Anyway, really put him in a GREAT MOOD for all this. If she had one ounce of compassion, love in her heart it would make this much easier. Cares about her children no one else's. She has 2 bio. Aggie and brothers are "step" and only "step".

Aggie's happy I have a close family. They'll be here later on. Glad (at least for Aggie) they like him and he likes them. We'd probably be in a world of other trouble otherwise....lol.

If I don't laugh a little I'll totally breakdown and I can't now for Aggie's sake.

Hope everyone's day is going well......

Take care,
Mel

1/14/04-Wednesday
Aggie had open heart surgery yesterday. He's in ICU. I'll update more later.....it's been a very rough night for us both.

Hope everyone is doing alright.

Take care,
Melanie

cch
01-13-2004, 06:59 AM
(((((hotwheelstx)))))
After he goes thru that awful door and you can no longer be with him (during the actual surgery), take some time for yourself and relax! If need be snatch you a nurse and have yourself a good cry on her shoulder. It really will help.

zitra
01-13-2004, 07:04 AM
((((HUGS)))) Hope all goes well!!

redrig
01-13-2004, 07:39 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure he'll come through with flying colors, especially with your support.

freeplease
01-13-2004, 07:40 AM
whats going on. Keeping a good thought for you & the Mister. MIL sounds like a real treat. Consider yourself lucky she isn't the visiting type. But then, a hospital IS full of nice sharp toys...;)

What is it with hospitals and scheduling? It's like, don't eat anything, we want you to be sooo weak when we eventually get around to taking care of you. They should save that joy for when they present you with the bill. lol
Take care and keep the faith!

Kelsey1224
01-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the update. I had been wondering how the weekend went.

I'll be praying for the procedure to be performed perfectly and that it will do what is needed for Aggie! Don't forget to take care of yourself.

hotwheelstx
01-13-2004, 09:16 AM
It's 10:30 am they just came and rolled him away. Wouldn't let me go w/him. Said it could take up to 3 hours to complete. I should know something then.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts/concerns.

schsa
01-13-2004, 09:48 AM
It's going to be fine. He just needs a good cleaning out. Go get something to eat and wait for the doctor to come and find you. He's going to be alright. I can feel it.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Fingers are crossed it all goes well!!!

{{{hotwheels}}}

Anthill
01-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Sorry, I haven't posted anything. I will be thinking of you and am sure that everything will be fine. I talked to my Mom and she said it was the best thing, she felt fine afterwards. But my Mom did smoke for 40 some years.

ajksmom
01-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Hope all goes well, I am sure that it will. Update us when you can.

ttistin
01-13-2004, 12:48 PM
I hope everything is going good with Aggie this afternoon. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

texasgander
01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
where are you????

mjh341
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
I hope and pray everything went weel.

AngelGrim
01-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Hope everything went ok, please let us know how Aggie is doing, I know that when my dad had this done all I could do was worry but now he feels so much better. God bless you and your family.

the1bea
01-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Sending good thoughts and vibes your way. I hope all goes well for you and him.

kelly12569
01-14-2004, 05:48 AM
oh my.... I can remember when my DH had his done... and he was only like 31 or 32... it felt like forever waiting for them to tell us when they were done, we could see him etc...

I hope everything went well :confused: was there an update post I missed? Sendin good vibes your way hun ;)

AngelGrim
01-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Has anyone heard from from anyone about Abbie yet, I hope all came out well.

zitra
01-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
Has anyone heard from from anyone about Abbie yet, I hope all came out well.

Hotwheels updated in her OP...
Here is the update again for those who didn't see it..

1/14/04-Wednesday
Aggie had open heart surgery yesterday. He's in ICU. I'll update more later.....it's been a very rough night for us both.