PDA

View Full Version : Ugh The Aggravation

AngelGrim
01-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh I am set to vent tonight:
Scenario: Rent out apartment to family thinking it would be helpful to them and they would be able to be close to family,only charging them 200.00 a month, which satellite is included along with all the utilities and furnished complete with washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms, and private entrance.
Problem:Rent never paid on time, then family you rent to starts raising heck all the time and letting all their friends move in too and so you tell them to leave.
You go up to make sure apartment is ok after all their stuff is moved out..........

TAKES ME 3 1/2 HOURS TO MOP ALL THE DIRT OFF THE FLOOR OF APARTMENT.
They never used trash bags even though I gave them some, so all the trash cans were nasty, the toilet looked like it ought to be thrown out, the shelves in the closet were broken, light bulbs almost all gone, dirt dirt dirt dirt everywhere!!!! I scrubbed and scrubbed, it is all nice and pretty and clean now, but I AM SO MAD!!!! It was clean as a whistle when they moved in, and in just a couple months it is gross. Thanks goodness for mister clean,and pinesol and cleaning wipes.
The worst part is that they think it was just fine that they acted this way, ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I could just go off but is dh's family and he says he will take care of it. Just glad they are gone!!!!Why does it seem that sometimes the nicer you are the more they take advantage?!?!

Kyla Kym
01-13-2004, 01:46 AM
If you ever go to visit these relatives be sure and go out of your way to walk through dog poop and mud before you go inside. Might want to sit on the ground outside before you go inside and sit on their furniture. Be sure your hands have black stuff on them before you go inside then show them the same respect they showed you. :rolleyes:

amysusi
01-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym
If you ever go to visit these relatives be sure and go out of your way to walk through dog poop and mud before you go inside. Might want to sit on the ground outside before you go inside and sit on their furniture. Be sure your hands have black stuff on them before you go inside then show them the same respect they showed you. :rolleyes:

Kinda gross but I like that idea. And you know that they'd have a major cow over it too! People always treat things differently when it's their own stuff. (Take my brother for example. He is fine living in my parents falling apart house because it's free. And that's because he can't find a posh apartment for dirt cheap rent.)

Mami2Cute
01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
For 200.00 a month, I'll come move in and promise rent is on time, and I'm a neat freak!

I dont think I could go a day without vacuming/mopping.
LoL- Want to move sooo bad, but Cant find anyplace cheap enough.

Sounds like the relatives just weren't very greatful for the deal they got staying there.

ajksmom
01-13-2004, 11:34 AM
We had the same problem last year. When we bought our house we let hubbys brother and girlfriend rent our mobile home for $200 a month. It was by no means new (a 74) but it was nice enough, no real damage. When we finally threw her out (for the same problems you listed above) it was horrible. When our friend and wife moved in we had to give them the mobile home because we could not afford the repairs (they still pay lot rent). Had to totally rip out all carpet (flea infested), replace floors in kitchen, bathroom and living room, put up a new front door, replace kitchen tile, put in a new tub (they busted the old one), new toilet, the list goes on and on.

Good luck with your next tenants!!!

Kelsey1224
01-13-2004, 12:03 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.

AngelGrim
01-13-2004, 03:02 PM
I think the thing that irked me the worse was that they started to do things that could have gotten us all in trouble, dh warned them and then finally kicked them out, and when he did he was to the point of popping them off in their jaws, it was bad, but hey it is looking gooooood now lol. I have been cleaning like crazy. Seems some people want to ruin it for others all the time, sad!!