PDA

View Full Version : My freezer died!

Angelseyes28
01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Why oh why couldn't it have waited till closer to tax refund time?*sobbing*

LitWtch
01-12-2004, 04:30 PM
does this mean you are having a party at your house to use the foods so that they don't go to waste?!?! :D

Technologist
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I know who is cooking a lot tonight!!!!

You can always buy one from some place that has 90 days same as cash, then pay for it when your refund comes in....

Angelseyes28
01-12-2004, 05:17 PM
LOL I'm not cooking! I shoved the majority of it in the freezer part of my refrigerator:p
Thanks for the tip Tech but I'm gonna manage till the refund comes in. My luck I would do the 90 day same as cash thing and my refund check would be "delayed" lol.

ntgsmommy
01-12-2004, 05:34 PM
What exactly is wrong with it? My hubby wanted me to ask to see if he could help get it going? I mean, is it making a noise, or just completely died? Maybe vacuuming the coils would help?

Danny
01-12-2004, 07:26 PM
It was 3 degrees here over the weekend - wanna send me your excess food until you get a new freezer?? Well - maybe just the steaks and lobsters??

Technologist
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Hey angelseyes28...

Has Danny been NEAR your freezer???

Danny BROKE angelseyes28's Freezer!!!

Danny
01-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Send the steaks and lobsters and I'll tell you what's wrong with it!

twinkiesmom
01-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Mine died last year in the middle of winter so I was just able to just throw it all in big storage containers and keep em out on the deck covered up. It was in the teens that couple of days until I was able to replace it. What I did was want to get it from a place that would not take pmts til like 6 months or so. I went to ABC Warehouse, found the fridge I wanted and went and found the same thing at Sears, they made a pmt plan offer and a 10% discount if I used my Sears card, then I went back to ABC told em what Sears offered me and they came back with a better price for me and a 9 month same as cash pmt plan :eek: :D:D:D Needless to say I went with ABC Warehouse. If you would rather wait and pay when u get taxes, find yourself a place that will offer u something like a 6month Same-As-Cash plan and you can have a little time to pay it off. Shop around, hope you can get a good deal like I did!

Kyla Kym
01-12-2004, 10:38 PM
If you end up going a few months without one, let us know how much your electric bill dropped.

During that ice storm we had here a few years ago, we went without electricity for 2 whole weeks. I lost everything in my freezer so I never plugged it back up. My electric bill dropped at lest $60.00 month. And my freezer was only 4 years old. ( I had bought it at Sears) I decided I didn't need a freezer after that. LOL I just use the one on the refrigerator now. But it's pretty big though.

Gitty
01-12-2004, 11:31 PM
I can hold any steaks, lobster, shrimp or deep fry foods. Just send it on over, I have plenty of room.;)

mesue
01-13-2004, 04:26 AM
Yep when you go to look at one make sure you pay close attention to how much estimated energy use is, I've read that a freezer can drive your bill up so it might be worth while to pay a little extra for one that is more energy efficient. Ours is too big and really old I have been trying to get hubby to go with a smaller model to save money.

Angelseyes28
01-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by ntgsmommy
What exactly is wrong with it? My hubby wanted me to ask to see if he could help get it going? I mean, is it making a noise, or just completely died? Maybe vacuuming the coils would help?

It just completely died. Poor thing:( I can't complain though, since it was 30 yrs old:eek: Oh well, out with the old....in with the new:D

LOL Danny I know what's wrong with it....it's dead:p I didn't have lobster in it but I did have steaks and ya'll can't have em!!

Look at all of you, a person is down on her luck and what do ya'll offer....to eat all my food!:p

Hey Kyla I was thinking about the same thing this morning! I'm curious to see how much my bill goes down too:D I will post and let ya know;)

Mesue this one is big too, I'm gonna get something smaller since I don't need anything near as big as the one I have lol. Thanks for the heads up on the energy use, I will have to remember to check that out when we start shopping around.:)

MamaFairal
01-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Darn......i was thinking of getting a small standing freezer at tax time but i dont want to jack the bill either. My last electric bill was $21.14 for the month.......
I'll have to rethink this now ;)

feliciac
01-13-2004, 09:11 AM
((((((((angeleyes)))))))))))

Gotta love it when the appliances die, ugh. Hey, I have a huge freezer over here if you'd like to borrow some space? :)