PDA

View Full Version : house payment going up $80.00 per month

kelly12569
01-11-2004, 06:44 PM
I just found out Friday that starting Monday our house payments are going up $80.00 per month. Gee nothing like 3 days notice considering its due Monday.... good luck them gettin it!

We are buying on land contract and our contract was up this month but they told us they would renew our contract for a few more years so we could straighten out our nasty credit before attempting to refinance. But they didnt tell us it would go from $630 to $710 until 3 days before the next payment was due! GRRRRRRRRR They said it was due to the increase on our tax bills. Well dayam I cant imagine our taxes went up whatever $80 times 12 months is!

Cant wait to refinance! I know we should have had our credit straightened up by now knowing the end of our contract was coming but sometimes (well all the time here) **** happens and new bills just keep piling up.

Ok, done p$$in and moaning...just had to get that off my chest. :(

tsquared
01-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I agree a 3 day notice sucks and really is not a good way of doing business if you ask me....Hope things work out for you....

LuvBigRip
01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I would ask to see a copy of the tax assessors bill. Most counties have this information available online at their website. All you would need is the address or parcel number.

twinkiesmom
01-11-2004, 07:37 PM
That's an extra 960 a year. Find out at what percentage they're doing this at. I betcha it's up vs when u first signed.

kelly12569
01-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Pepsi4me
They say its because the taxes were more than what they thought they would be.

yea... they are blaming ours on the tax increase...but dayam... 3 days notice.... :eek: they said they just found out as well... grrrrrrr

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-12-2004, 06:28 AM
uuhhh..that sucks, I wouls ask to see the tax assesment bill too,also find out how much they are putting monthly towards your final purchase (that's how land contracts work right?)

G'luck!

cch
01-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Is it legal to give such short notice?

AngelGrim
01-12-2004, 10:56 PM
That doesn't sound right, I think I would be checking about that as it doesn't seem fair not to give you 30 days notice before the increase, and that is quite an increase anyway.Hope something goes your way on this.

kelly12569
01-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Their answer was that our original contract was up so they can raise the amount on the new one if they want to... although they could have told us this months ago when they offered to renew the contract....not to professional of them to give me such short notice. And sad part is we havent signed new contract yet so I guess they can charge us what they want until we do..... I cant wait to refinance so I can tell em to kiss my a$$

freeplease
01-13-2004, 07:46 AM
payment was being changed. It's due the first of the month, so I guess everyone should check their payments. But the good news is...it's going DOWN 7 dollars a month. Must be a wacky month for housing.