PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do!!

HumblePie98
01-10-2004, 08:50 AM
I had a sale with someone here. I sent everyones items and everyone has recieved them except one person. She has been snippy about it. I have good feedback! I would never take someones money and intentionaly rip someone off. I would never trade with someone and not send my end. In my thread it states I am not responiable for items when they leave my hands if not insured!! But I also don't want it to haunt me. I sent the dang stuff to her!!!

What should I do?

And if I refund- she is going to have to wait until I get my first paycheck-

zitra
01-10-2004, 08:56 AM
I say, unless she paid for insurance, since it was stated to her before hand that you would not be responsible unless she did, then it is on her...I also think that IF you decide to refund you should only refund a small portion, like shipping to her..since she read and agreed to your terms, by buying from you, you aren't responsible for ANY of it. Also, did you get a reciept when you mailed it? If so i would sned her/e-mail her (if you can) a copy of it).

freebiegrl22
01-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Man, tough situation. Packages do get lost, especially this time of year when the post office is cleaning up after the holiday season. I say give it one more week to come. Even though you did send the package, if it is going to haunt you, give her the money back just as a good will thing. However, if she didn't pay for insurance, and the rules were set, you really don't need to. Its up to you. Just don't let it ruin your experience on the FSOT. One bad egg can spoil the bunch, so just learn from it and do what you feel is right. I hope things work out for you.

ezmoney163
01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Jod, I know I got mine within a day or so of you sending it out. So I know you do send your stuff. I personally would really concider the one whom did not get it and if they have been a good trader maybe they are being truthful but if you find that they are not so good traders then I would have to wonder about them not getting it. Understand?? I know I am off my mind right now, it is this darn flu thing I can not think straight LOL. Do what you think you should do hon!! You know what is best!! ((HUGZ)) P.S> DId you get your new moniter yet?? PLMK I am waiting for you to email me. :D

Sha
01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
When my hubby does trades and sales on E-bay he only ships with insurance on the item(s) when it is worth over a certain amount (example $15) and on big items he demands confirmation also. I personally would not send a refund. They did not care enough to insure it and you don't have proof if they got it or not. Sad thing is there are WAY to many people who lie about things and we cannot trust everyone.

HumblePie98
01-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Brandy~~ I don't have a new monitor yet. We borrowed one--LOL The new one will take 7 days to get here. That sucks you have the flu!! Is it severe? :-( It went around at work- Thank Gosh it missed me!!

(((HUGS)))

Thank You everyone for your advice!

msbabygirl
01-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by RescueAPit
I had a sale with someone here. I sent everyones items and everyone has recieved them except one person. She has been snippy about it. I have good feedback! I would never take someones money and intentionaly rip someone off. I would never trade with someone and not send my end. In my thread it states I am not responiable for items when they leave my hands if not insured!! But I also don't want it to haunt me. I sent the dang stuff to her!!!

What should I do?

And if I refund- she is going to have to wait until I get my first paycheck-

I know exactly how you feel...due to a few bad trades over the holidays I've had to put it in my posts that I can't be responsible...etc. I personally cannot afford to give refunds unless someone paid for delivery conf. or insurance and still didn't get their item. Hope things work out. :(

MsPiggy44
01-15-2004, 10:07 PM
I do not think that I would refund the money.......You had it stated in your auction.....Case closed........

ebgreen74
01-16-2004, 12:40 AM
you have to realize there are so many people that lie and say they sent the stuff out too though. If you were in that lady's shoes, I am sure you'd be thinking the seller was ripping you off too. I honestly can't say what you should do BUT keep in mind I am sure that lady will be leaving bad feedback for you if she doesn't get her stuff.

HumblePie98
01-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
you have to realize there are so many people that lie and say they sent the stuff out too though. If you were in that lady's shoes, I am sure you'd be thinking the seller was ripping you off too. I honestly can't say what you should do BUT keep in mind I am sure that lady will be leaving bad feedback for you if she doesn't get her stuff.

Well I am certainly not a liar. I certainly did send her stuff. The best part is she recieved on Friday and it was dated for December 26. I don't appricate being called a liar. Go look at my feedback. There isn't a negitive thing in there about me not sending stuff that I promised out!!!

zitra
01-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Well I am certainly not a liar. I certainly did send her stuff. The best part is she recieved on Friday and it was dated for December 26. I don't appricate being called a liar. Go look at my feedback. There isn't a negitive thing in there about me not sending stuff that I promised out!!!

I am sure no one meant that you were a liar, just that if they were in the other person's shoes, with all of the liars that don't send stuff, and payments that they can see how she might be suspicious, with the stuff taking so long to get to her.

heymom
01-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm glad this was resolved n a good way. From Dec 26 to now is a long time for a package to sit in the post office. Just shows how messed up the usps can be.

houseoconfusion
01-18-2004, 01:09 PM
I always put if they get del.confirmation for package up to $15 I will be responsible for packages until they are delivered if they get LOST. But anything over $15 or for breakage on glass items, etc. it's their loss if they don't have insurance. Not being mean but it gets expensive if you have to keep refunding money for broken items (thank goodness only 1 time), packages the post office looses (they lost a gift basket that costed me $35!), etc. NO one would expect someone on ebay to refund money for these things if they declined the del.conf. or ins. and packed the item responsibly, ex. use bubble wrap on glass items, etc. Why does bbs fsot have to be different. I know I for one have taken a lose several times due to the post office losing it, and I even had delivery confirmation on them proving I mailed it but the people wanted a refund anyways, NOT being mean but that's not fair, why do I have to pay for the post office losing it. So that's why I state it clearly in my listings now. (Not meaning you on this Stacy<LOL. That was my own stupid doing with the lotion, LOL. In which I admit my mistake and gladly fixed.) But if it's a postal mistake and they declined the ins. or del.conf.(IF you offered it) then I say it's their loss. I know this sounds mean but if not all prices will have to go up to cover our butts so WE can just insure everything. JMHO,Dawn

HumblePie98
01-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Dawn I agree with you!! And I don't think that you should have refunded money to people that had the delivery confirmation either! How rude of them to be like that!!! That's like taking something back to the store and getting a refund, PLUS keeping the item they refunded your money on. People are getting more and more demanding about things!!! I have been a fair and honest trader from the day I started and will keep it that way. I always offer d.c. and insurance. If you decline that is your responability!!

ezmoney163
01-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Dawn I agree with you!! And I don't think that you should have refunded money to people that had the delivery confirmation either! How rude of them to be like that!!! That's like taking something back to the store and getting a refund, PLUS keeping the item they refunded your money on. People are getting more and more demanding about things!!! I have been a fair and honest trader from the day I started and will keep it that way. I always offer d.c. and insurance. If you decline that is your responability!!

Very well said!!