PDA

View Full Version : my christopher ,hes gone now

gobs101
01-10-2004, 05:12 AM
http://www.tribune-democrat.com/site/news.cfm?brd=2332

this is the second story they did on our chris.

The most horrible feeling i ever saw and felt was when that car pulled up and 2 men in uniforms walked to my door and said mr and mrs golby, we have a message for you from the seceraty of defence who wishes to extend his deepest symphanny..........
this is my precious son who we love so much. hes gone now. christopher I love you. oh god why did you take my son all he wanted to do was help everyone and make it a better place. i hurt so much.thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers,this is truely a wonderful place..
very soon the Casualty dept will come and tell us what going on, as right now all we know is what they told us thursday. christopher will be comming home next week to dover afb then military excorted to ft carson co. where they will do a military service for him then we will bring our chris home to PA to be with us.
dawn

moogle
01-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Thank you for the link - your son was a very good man...
and a brave one. You should be very proud of him!!!!

There is nothing I can do that will make you feel better. I wish
there was. You're still in my prayers and thoughts.

bcjjhh
01-10-2004, 05:32 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loos. I really don't know what else to say. Your family will be in prayers and our conuntry for the ultimate sacrifice your family has given to us. In prayer.

gini0831
01-10-2004, 05:43 AM
I'm so sorry-you are in our prayers!

KATinKY
01-10-2004, 05:56 AM
I am so sorry for you and your familys loss.
(((gobs)))

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 06:33 AM
(((((Gobs)))))
I'm so sorry. He's probably with you right now, watching over you.

corkster
01-10-2004, 06:47 AM
I am so very very sorry for your loss (((((Gobs))))

mlayton1994
01-10-2004, 07:07 AM
(((hugs))) and prayers go out to you and your family

MistyWolf
01-10-2004, 07:10 AM
I am so so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news .. I read the link you provided, and your son truly is a hero.

DBackFan
01-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks Dawn for sharing the article about your son. It can't make it any easier for you but we are all here pulling for you along with the rest of the Nation I am sure. Hang in there sweetie.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Very compelling article Dawn. Your son is very handsome.I wish we could offer more then hugs and prayers, just know we are all here for you.

Your son is a hero,brave and true to his own convictions.He will watch over you and his family.

I'm so very sorry. I cry with you. {{{DAWN}}}

stellatj
01-10-2004, 07:26 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you

MoodyBlues
01-10-2004, 07:46 AM
We might not know each other, but you are in my thoughts and prayers! My deeptest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

He was a brave man & a HERO!! THANK YOU!

Angelseyes28
01-10-2004, 07:58 AM
{{{{{{{gobs}}}}}}}}} Thank you so much for not only sharing the link with us, but also your pain. I am so very sorry for what you and the rest of your family are going through.:( Please know that their are lots of prayers going up for you and your entire family.

llbriteyes
01-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Thank you for sharing your son's life with us. You must be very proud.

Linda

momfromTN
01-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by gobs101

The most horrible feeling i ever saw and felt was when that car pulled up and 2 men in uniforms walked to my door and said mr and mrs golby, we have a message for you from the seceraty of defence who wishes to extend his deepest symphanny..........
this is my precious son who we love so much. hes gone now. christopher I love you. oh god why did you take my son all he wanted to do was help everyone and make it a better place. i hurt so much.thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers,this is truely a wonderful place..
very soon the Casualty dept will come and tell us what going on, as right now all we know is what they told us thursday. christopher will be comming home next week to dover afb then military excorted to ft carson co. where they will do a military service for him then we will bring our chris home to PA to be with us.
dawn

He DID help make the world a better place. He is TRULY a HERO. Thank you for raising such a son. I only pray my sons are as unselfish and giving as yours.

kimp67
01-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Gobs.......imagine my shock when I opened my local newspaper this morning to see your son's picture. I had no idea that you lived so close to me. I am literally about 20 minutes away from you. If you need ANYTHING or I can do ANYTHING for you....please do not hesitate to call/write. I'm PMing you my name, phone number & email addy. I hope you see this. ((((((((((gobs))))))))))))))

kybeauty
01-10-2004, 08:43 AM
I am so very sorry for not only your families loss..but the nations loss...as yet again we lose another Hero!...My thoughts and prayers are with you...
***hugs***
kybeauty

gemini26
01-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Very sorry for your loss. I am proud of you and your husband for raising such a fine young man. I am proud of your son for being such a good and great person that cared about others and that was willing to fight for all of us to stay safe and to help those that needed help over there. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. MAy God give you strength through this very difficult time. {{{Gobs and Family}}}

BeanieLuvR
01-10-2004, 09:18 AM
My heart breaks for you. I am sitting here crying over such a tragic loss of such a fine man. He is a hero. You and your family are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

ShelleyG
01-10-2004, 09:22 AM
sweetie you are in my prayers, if you need anyone to talk to email me and I can give ya my phone number sweetie , we all love you and want to be here for you :)

sweetcheekscg@aol.com

MsLynn
01-10-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm just so at a loss for words, I know its not very comforting to hear that our thoughts and prayers are with you, but its all i know to do.

whirlygirl
01-10-2004, 09:57 AM
My heart is breaking for you! I'm so sorry you lost your precious son! I want to tell you how grateful and thankful I am for people like Christopher who are so brave that they DO make a difference and make this world a better place--he is a true hero in my eyes. What an amazing mother you must be to have a son like that. I am praying for you and your family.

Momof2totsand1teen
01-10-2004, 10:05 AM
(((Dawn))) Prayers to you and your family:(

FreebieCyn
01-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Dawn, your son is truely a hero...I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...Please remember that I am here for you anytime you need hun......

Hugs to you and yours........

CarolinaBlue
01-10-2004, 10:24 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you very much for sharing the news story with us. You must be so very proud of your young son. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

ezmoney163
01-10-2004, 10:27 AM
God bless you and your family, I am so so sorry for your loss!!

Sha
01-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Gobs, your sorrow and hurt has been felt across the boards deeply and you sharing this with us has not only brought us all a little closer, but it has taught me that there are heros all around us. Your son will never be forgotten in my home or in my heart. May the prayers of healing guide you through this time and bring you hope, rememberance of all the love and good times your family has shared with your wonderful son. Thank you for sharing and sending prayers and hope for you and your family.

nooshu
01-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Gobs-thank you for posting the article. What a wonderful son you raised. The whole country has lost a hero. I am so upset about this. I cannot imagine your pain.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

KeliMom
01-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Dawn, I'm so sorry about the loss of your son. Though it might not mean much at this time, thank you for giving him to this country's service. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let his wife and dear baby boy that we are thinking of them too. How sad he will have to grow up without his father. Hugs and Love to you...

magicwoman19
01-10-2004, 11:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers and thoughts. {{HuGS}}

tiggerzme2
01-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Thinking and praying for you and your family daily. I have no words that will take away your pain or make this all better...wish I could. Your son was a true HERO and I will always be thankful for that. ((((Christophers family and friends)))) May you find peace.

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/

ajksmom
01-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Thank you for sharing the article about your wonderful son with us. He truly is a hero. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am saying a special prayer for your family.

Hillbilly
01-10-2004, 01:19 PM
My heart aches for you and your family.Your son was a handsome,brave soldier and he is a hero to us all.I'm so sorry Dawn.:(

GemofPa
01-10-2004, 01:38 PM
to you, Ron , Sonya and sons.

((((Gobs

KellyA
01-10-2004, 03:41 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family~~your son will always be the definiton of a true hero!~I am so sorry for the pain you must be going through and only wish there was more we could say or do.to say that we should be grateful to your son for what he gave us is an understatement.none of us should forget what our troops...our heroes are doing for us.I am so very sorry~he will always be an incredible,giving hero...to all of us.

HumNbirdMO
01-10-2004, 05:47 PM
((Gobs))

My heart weeps for you and your entire family :( . Thank you so much for sharing your sons story with us. He is truly an American hero. You will all be in my prayers. May the Lord somehow grant you and your family inner peace during this time.

I am so sorry :( .

swoose
01-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Dawn,
I am so so sorry for your loss. My entire family sends their deepest sympathies to you and your family. Also our thanks, for your son defending our country for all of our children. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

twinkiesmom
01-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Prayers for you and your family. {{{Dawn}}}

gobs101
01-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by tiggerzme2
Thinking and praying for you and your family daily. I have no words that will take away your pain or make this all better...wish I could. Your son was a true HERO and I will always be thankful for that. ((((Christophers family and friends)))) May you find peace.

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/

my son is already listed in here, thank you so much for sharning.

here is another link to sundays artical on our chris.

Angelseyes28
01-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by gobs101
my son is already listed in here, thank you so much for sharning.

here is another link to sundays artical on our chris.

Oh gobs my heart completely shattered when I read that your grandson opened the door, that poor baby.:( I just don't know what to say. Please know that you and your entire family are still in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{gobs and family}}}}}

MamaFairal
01-11-2004, 08:36 AM
{{American Hero}}

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Dawn,your son sounded like a really good man.

Army-Mom
01-11-2004, 11:58 AM
My prayers are with you and your family.
prayer and hugs to you.
Marcia

Gitty
01-11-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your families loss. This is a loss for the whole world of a great person. He will forever be a hero! Thank you for sharing him with us!

angelinwaiting
01-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I read the article with tears in my eyes...I am so very sorry for your loss...I am praying for your whole family...God Bless Your Son..

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Gobs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}