PDA

View Full Version : Terror threat leads to arrest {student}

ttistin
01-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Terror threat leads to arrest
Student said on Internet that he would kill people at school, police and self.

January 09, 2004

By Aaron Gifford
Staff writer

A 15-year-old Chittenango High School student was arrested on a felony charge Wednesday after making a terrorist threat on an Internet site last month in which he said he would kill teachers, students, police officers and then himself.

The boy, whom police would not identify because of his age, also was charged with third-degree burglary, a misdemeanor, after police searched his home and found football jerseys and miscellaneous sporting equipment that had been taken from the school in three break-ins.

The juvenile, a 10th-grader, went to a Web site called "School Scum," which lists chat rooms for schools throughout the state, and posted a topic called "Columbine 101," according to village police Chief Jeffrey Paul.

The boy claimed to own an AK-47 assault rifle and wrote on the site, "It will be worth it to me. I'll die happy," Paul said.

Police spokesman Rod Carr said the message identified two teachers and several students by name. A parent saw the posting and brought it to the attention of school officials, who contacted authorities, Carr said.

The state police Cyber Crimes Unit and the Madison County District Attorney's Office participated in the investigation. Authorities seized the teen's computer during the search, and later discovered that he made threats against a specific teacher and several specific students.

He was charged with making a terrorist threat, a felony.

No weapons were found in the boy's home during the search.

District Attorney Donald Cerio ordered the boy placed in the Hillbrook Juvenile Detention Center Wednesday night. The boy was taken to Madison County Family Court the following morning.

- The Associated Press contributed to this report.

© 2004 The Post-Standard. Used with permission.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1073640910296650.xml

What is this world coming too? I used to go to this school, It is only a few minutes away from where I live now. This is just way to close to home:( :(

schsa
01-09-2004, 03:01 PM
The fact that he was so open about what he was doing says to me that he was hoping to get caught. I would be more concerned about the ones who don't talk about it and then strike out when they are so angry they can't hold it in any more.

suziebee20
01-09-2004, 03:44 PM
:( :( :(

I'm sooo glad this is my last year of high school!

ttistin
01-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I guess this kid has been in a lot of trouble over the years, he was living with his grandparents when this happened. I missed a lot of the news report but that is what I caught of it.

I too hope he gets the help he needs.