PDA

View Full Version : Being a member here has really changed my outlook

ttistin
01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Before I became a member here and really got into posting and such I always felt sorry for myself and thought how bad off we were. I always thought that since we cant afford to go out every week and buy whatever we wanted from say wal-mart or where ever that we were dirt poor. Well since I have been around here more and more I have relized that we are lucky. We may not be able to go out every week but we have food on the table every night and food in the cupboards. We are able to pay our bills on time, mostly lol We do go through some hard times but isnt so hard that we dont have food. Yes we have had $30 for food for a week, but I shop at Aldis and it saves us a lot.

I also Feel that we are lucky in that we are all healthy over all and none of us or famly or friends have had a serious illness so far.

It breaks my heart to hear how people are living less then week to week, more like day to day. And how their family memebers or themselves are sick and have X amount of time to live.

It makes me realize how lucky we are. I dont mean to sound mean or better then anyone else, We are far from that. I just feel lucky to have my dh and kids home safe.

I am truly sorry for the ones here that have gone through and are going through hard times, either having to do with money or loosing a family member. It breaks my heart that we are unable to help the ones in need, I wish we were able too.

I also wish that the world was a better place and that there was no need to send our men and women away from their homes and familys to protect us and our way of life. I am truly sorry for those that have lost loved ones:( :(

I hope this post doesnt bother anyone, that was not my intention. I just wanted to say that we are no way better then anyone, nore are we less then anyone either. Thank you BBS for making me see this.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/evening:)

BigLyd1
01-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Very well said.

Momof2totsand1teen
01-08-2004, 05:50 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It is easy to sometimes look at what you don't have, until you realize there are others who are struggling so incredibly hard. Me and my husband have been lucky with very well paying jobs, but you never know what can happen.

I also thank God every day for me family's safety and health.

kimp67
01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Ditto here too. Whenever I get to feeling sorry for myself, I always try to remember that there are people worse off.

ezmoney163
01-08-2004, 06:24 PM
:) ITA!!! You said it well!!

reneep45
01-08-2004, 07:16 PM
i'm crying so hard right now i can hardly type , i've been so worried about my son (airforce)(not in the fighting zone) & one of our bbs girls has lost her son to this war !!! omg ! OMG ! What do we say to her ??? OMG !

ttistin
01-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by reneep45
i'm crying so hard right now i can hardly type , i've been so worried about my son (airforce)(not in the fighting zone) & one of our bbs girls has lost her son to this war !!! omg ! OMG ! What do we say to her ??? OMG !

{{{HUGS}}} I dont think anyone has the "right" thing to say to her, it is more along the lines of us being here for her when she needs someone to talk to.

I pray that your son and everyone elses loved ones that are in the milatry comes home safe and sound.

I wish there was a magic word to say to make everything better for our fellow bbser :( :( :(

okie
01-08-2004, 11:36 PM
It's times like this when we all need to stick together and forget all the petty stuff.I didn't know what to really say to her either.I couldn't even begin to imagine loosing my son.I think i would probably loose my mind if i ever had to face that situation.I've lost family members but to loose a child,that to me is unbearable.

fatesfaery
01-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by okie
It's times like this when we all need to stick together and forget all the petty stuff.I didn't know what to really say to her either.I couldn't even begin to imagine loosing my son.I think i would probably loose my mind if i ever had to face that situation.I've lost family members but to loose a child,that to me is unbearable.

When you lose a child it feels like an unreal nightmare, you mind just can't comphrehend that it's true. You feel you have to be strong for your parents and your other children when all you want to do is curl up in a little ball and die too.
And you do seriously doubt your sanity and your ability to ever cope with life again. You suddenly start to cry in the middle of the grocery store, at Walmart, at songs on the radio and commercials on TV, even things you see or read online....everything you see and hear makes you remember in some way.

I leaned heavily on DS's best friends.There's nothing anyone can say to make it better,but for me knowing there were people I could talk to, cry to or even scream to helped. I felt I couldn't do it at home because DD was also barely hanging on. I think the best thing anyone can do is be there and offer a shoulder when she needs one.

okie
01-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by fatesfaery
When you lose a child it feels like an unreal nightmare, you mind just can't comphrehend that it's true. You feel you have to be strong for your parents and your other children when all you want to do is curl up in a little ball and die too.
And you do seriously doubt your sanity and your ability to ever cope with life again. You suddenly start to cry in the middle of the grocery store, at Walmart, at songs on the radio and commercials on TV, even things you see or read online....everything you see and hear makes you remember in some way.

I leaned heavily on DS's best friends.There's nothing anyone can say to make it better,but for me knowing there were people I could talk to, cry to or even scream to helped. I felt I couldn't do it at home because DD was also barely hanging on. I think the best thing anyone can do is be there and offer a shoulder when she needs one.

here's some (((hugs))) for you also.

ttistin
01-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by fatesfaery

I am sorry you and gobs and everyother parent out there that has gone through something like this. I too couldnt imagine loosing one of my kids.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to fatesfaery and Gobs my thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

llbriteyes
01-09-2004, 12:24 PM
My oldest son becomes a marine today. I'm so very proud of him, but at the same time, I know there are dangers. I cannot imagine the heartache of losing him. I would imagine there's nothing on earth that even begins to comparie to that loss. The love for him is a tangible thing. Its in the air. All around him. I hope that with that and God's love he'll be ok.

Linda

Army-Mom
01-09-2004, 07:28 PM
I feel very blessed and when I read about gob101 son I cried and prayed for her, I know I dont post very much in fear of saying something to make someone mad at me. My son leaves for Iraq Sat. night and I will continue to pray for families that has lost love ones and for the families that has love ones over there. I love coming to this forum. hope you all will keep my son in your prayers also..
hugs,
Marcia

RosiePosie
01-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I agree!