PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Bf stupid crap, confused...

Crueheadchick
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Ok like my ex and I were together for almost 9 years, we were even engadged though I was the reluctant one. We broke up about 3 months ago. Well being that weve known each other for for alot longer than we were together, we both wanted to stay in touch possible friendship thing. Well we mostly just email each other once in awhile to see how the other is doing. He likes to send me either 1) when hes sober, very sad emails or 2) when hes drunk, ones that pi$$ me off. So lately its been more of the really sad depressing ones. He tells me he cant move on and how much he still loves me and on and on. Well I can understand his pain right. Then he sends this one that kinda scared me because he said things like He knows that we are soulmates and will get back together and that he just knows that I still love him. It made me think that he might do something stupid to himself, you know. Well then he sends me today this email that says, hey I met some really hot chick online and we just talked all night long and we are going to meet and hang out, and we both had F'ed up relationships and she is so cool, and blah blah blah... Well it just made me think how freaking dumb are you to tell me this crap if you freaking still love me and want to be with me! Dont worry now, I have no intention of getting back with him. I am in a very nice relationship with a man I have known for 11 years and we even lived together for 4 years before we got together and I have fallen in love with him too, so I guess things could be worse. I just had to VENT about the big ex-jerk thats driving me nuts. First I think hes suicidel and now I think he just wants to tick me off! MEN, GGRRRR...
Anyway thanks for listening to my crap
:eek:

Sha
01-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Sounds like he is playing with your emotions and your really should let him go hon. My sis-in-law went through almost the exact thing, but she stayed with the SOB and now her life is so screwed up. He doesn't sound like he is very stable. Is that the kind of person you want in your life? I hope you make the right decision for yourself.

AngelGrim
01-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I would tell him thanks for the memories but it is time to move on, sometimes it is just not an option to stay friends, especially after living together, just too many memories. Good luck in your new relationship:)

wyozozo
01-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Then he sends this one that kinda scared me because he said things like He knows that we are soulmates and will get back together and that he just knows that I still love him.

This doesn't sound suicidal to me, it sounds psychotic! If I received something like that I'd be more worried about my safety than his.

Sha is right, he's just playing on your emotions. From now on I'd hit the delete key before reading any of his emails. But if you do read them and he sends any more like the one above, I'd be sure to print it and keep it on file just in case.

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 03:44 PM
yikes, just in case? I agree though, and even if nothing happens they would be good for a laugh in the future ;)

ebgreen74
01-08-2004, 04:21 PM
friendship goes both ways. What are you getting out of this? Seems like its time to break ties with him so you can still manage to remember the good memories. Keep the past in the past where it belongs.

Crueheadchick
01-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys
I actually have been keeping his emails in a seperate folder. Sometimes I re-read them so I can remember he is being a jerk. The email that freaked me out a little was the first one like it. The others that he sent were just sad stuff that sounded suicidal. And he is just $h!t out of luck if he thinks he is getting any real pity from me! Considering this is the only place I can really vent about it I will probably keep you guys updated on his crap. I probably wont just talk to him but I will still read his emails, that way I know whats going on with his crazy head.
Definatly giving bonus points to new bf for being there for me and putting up with crap from the ex, LOL!
;) :cool: