PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson...

Sha
01-08-2004, 12:52 PM
They just said the Stanislaus courts feel Scott cannot get a fair trial here! HMMMPH! "Why don't they just hang him and save us all the money", is what a lady at the store said! LOL! They want to move is trial to 1 of 15 larger counties in CA. Southern Ca...watch out! Another OJ trial is on its way! LOL!:D

JWWB2000
01-08-2004, 01:04 PM
What a crock!!! He did it now let's cut him up and feed him to the fish!!

babymaniac
01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
He should be given cobweb britches ,a porcupine saddle,a fast trotting horse , and a life-long journey.

justme23
01-08-2004, 03:20 PM
That's strange, they were reporting here last week that they denied his request to have the trial moved.

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
um, i think there is very little places in CA right now where he would get a "fair trial"

kriskay
01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by IselaRose
um, i think there is very little places in CA right now where he would get a "fair trial"

I agree. I think there probably is nowhere in the US where he could get a fair trial. Everyone has their mind made up about his guilt or innocence already.

freeby4me
01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Anyone who would sell her car before they even found her and cut/dye his hair a different color and take 10,000 and run for Mexico is completely GUILTY! He needs to ROT IN H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS for what he did.

Sha
01-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by justme23
That's strange, they were reporting here last week that they denied his request to have the trial moved.

Yeah I know...but this is what is being reported all over here...

Jan 8, 5:08 PM EST

Scott Peterson Case Moved Out of Modesto

By BRIAN MELLEY
Associated Press Writer

Hensley reports Scott Peterson's murder trial will almost certainly be delayed because of the judge's decision that it should be held somewhere other than in Modesto. (Audio)

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) -- A judge ruled Thursday that accused murderer Scott Peterson cannot get a fair trial in his dead wife's hometown and ordered the case moved out of the county.

Judge Al Girolami said extensive news coverage of the case, including 8,000 articles published worldwide and more than 150 stories in the local newspaper alone, swayed him to agree with the defense that the trial should not be held in Modesto. He did not immediately say where the trial would be held.

"A change of venue is necessary to protect the integrity of the proceeding," Girolami said.

The trial was scheduled for Jan. 26 in Modesto, but will most likely be postponed now that the location has been changed.

Peterson, a 31-year-old fertilizer salesman, is charged with two counts of murder and faces the death penalty in the killings of his wife and unborn son, whose bodies washed ashore in San Francisco Bay several months after Laci Peterson's Christmas Eve disappearance. Peterson denies killing his wife and says he was fishing the day she disappeared.

Prosecutors argued that news coverage of the case is so widespread that moving the trial would be pointless.

But defense lawyer Mark Geragos said in court papers that Peterson has been demonized and that the prosecution's argument "can be boiled down to the old adage, 'Sure we can give him a fair trial, then we will take him out and hang him.'"

The judge said a number of other factors also influenced his decision. He said that though the population of Stanislaus County has grown significantly from its rural roots, there are still 15 larger counties in California where it would be easier to find jurors who know less about the case.

Girolami said coverage of the case had raised Scott Peterson from a regular citizen to a notorious one, while simultaneously heightening the celebrity level of Laci Peterson.

He referred to more than 100 people who gathered outside the Stanislaus County Jail to await Peterson after his arrest last year, and contrasted it with blood drives in honor of Laci Peterson and the 3,000 people who attended her internationally televised memorial service.

In addition, thousands of people fanned out across Central California to search for her, and there has been talk of naming a park for her and the boy the couple planned to name "Conner."

Girolami had several options: Keep the case in Modesto; move it out of the county; or select a jury in another county and bus them to Stanislaus County every day.

Geragos said surveys showed there was less bias against Peterson in Los Angeles, Sacramento, Alameda and Santa Clara counties.

He cited numerous examples of the hostility against Scott Peterson. When he was brought in for booking, a crowd of more than 100 people waited outside the jail, some shouting "murderer." Peterson's house was vandalized twice. And T-shirts have been sold with Peterson's likeness and the motto: "Modesto, a killer place to live."

"The depth of pretrial animosity ... is obvious to any breathing human being in Stanislaus County," Geragos wrote.

Prosecutors blamed much of the publicity on Geragos' "media grandstanding" and said he was trying to inflame the court by hurling invective and accusations.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Peterson trial moved (http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LACI_PETERSON?SITE=CASTO&SECTION=HOME)

iluvmybaby
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Everytime I hear about Scott and how he is being treated unfair and his trial might be unfair it makes me sick! Uck, he killed his pregneat wife and his child and dumped them in the ocean and then sold all her stuff to get a new truck. I am god fearing and all but I have no pity for Scott. I guess I should never wish death on someone but it is hard not to hate him:(

bngomom
01-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Innocent until proven guilty, or it is guilty until proven innocent?

mesue
01-09-2004, 03:09 AM
I have not made up my mind one way or the other, I do feel the media has slanted the news towards his guilt, but I do not know whether he did it or is a victim of the media.

ntgsmommy
01-09-2004, 07:31 AM
I guess I would make a good juror on this one, becasue I don't even know anything about this.....??? I know it may be on every news station, but I rarely watch the news..

kimp67
01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
WOW & he hasn't even had his trial yet!

llbriteyes
01-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bngomom
Innocent until proven guilty, or it is guilty until proven innocent?

My sentiments exactly. The attornyes on BOTH sides, as well as the investigative people have information the public isn't privvy to.

*IF* he's guilty, then he should pay the price. If not, the investigation contiues.

Linda

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by *chelle*
I think that he's aldeady been proven guilty and
the trial has even started yet - JMO

I agree...he's one guilty Mo~Fo

texasgander
01-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ntgsmommy
I guess I would make a good juror on this one, becasue I don't even know anything about this.....??? I know it may be on every news station, but I rarely watch the news..

I can't believe you never heard this!! LOL!! (Not making fun of you or anything.) This made national news, newspapers, magazines, etc.

Laci Peterson came up missing...what, a couple of days before or after Christmas 2002....she was pregnant....was due soon, they found her body and her unborn son's body washed up at a lake (they think being submerged for however long she was in the water caused the baby to be expelled from her body)......come to find out her husband had been cheating on her, he had gone fishing the day she came up missing, and they found her body where he was supposedly fishing.......then he sold her SUV before they ever found her and NEVER appeared upset on interviews.......(don't quote me on all the specifics, just remembering this off the top of my head)......

justme23
01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by texasgander
I can't believe you never heard this!! LOL!! (Not making fun of you or anything.) This made national news, newspapers, magazines, etc.

Laci Peterson came up missing...what, a couple of days before or after Christmas 2002....she was pregnant....was due soon, they found her body and her unborn son's body washed up at a lake (they think being submerged for however long she was in the water caused the baby to be expelled from her body)......come to find out her husband had been cheating on her, he had gone fishing the day she came up missing, and they found her body where he was supposedly fishing.......then he sold her SUV before they ever found her and NEVER appeared upset on interviews.......(don't quote me on all the specifics, just remembering this off the top of my head)......

Not to be a pain... but to add a little more unbias to this. There were 2 or 3 OTHER pregnant women also found along Californias coast close, w/in 100 miles of where they found Laci and the baby. This of course, is rarely reported in the media and if it is they make sure to say how far apart they were all found... but serial murderers are not predictable and while most stay w/in close proximity, some -- in an effort to throw police off -- will kill 2 and 3 hundred miles apart. Also, it was reported every day in the news where Scott had been fishing that day (Christmas Eve)... so it would be possible for ANYONE to dump a body there and of course the first person they'd look at is Scott. While they have reported alot to convince the public of his guilt (because guilt sells time slots), it is ALL circumstantial (atleast what the public knows) and in this country ppl are innocent (even Michael Jackson, who I have been declaring I feel is guilty) until proven guilty. I would certainly hope that everyone who screams 'string him up' does not some day find themselves in this very same position. Never say never, never happens all the time.

Sha
01-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I think Scott is guilty. I have spoke to people who have known both of them and he is a real dirt bag. I can say I think he is guilty and feel good about it. I think a good majority of people here in Modesto-Manteca-Stockton think he is guilty. Just so much stuff to take in, and I wish we could really find out how true it is about the other women being found in the bay. I have heard that there was only 1, then 2, then 3, and one time I even heard there were 5. I really haven't thought about the peterson case in awhile, but it was one my mind all through christmas. Laci was a wonderful person who definetely did not deserve a dirt bag (murderer or not) husband like him. She's pregnant he is out cheating and courting another woman. Such a sad story...Now we just have to wait and see where things go. They are talking of moving the trial to the bay area! LOL! That is not going to be of much help, they hate him there too..LOL!

Gia
01-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Not to be a pain... but to add a little more unbias to this. There were 2 or 3 OTHER pregnant women also found along Californias coast close, w/in 100 miles of where they found Laci and the baby.

This is the only other pregnant "missing" woman I was aware of~
http://www.courttv.com/trials/peterson/hernandez_ctv.html

Evelyn Hernandez: Another woman in the bay

By Harriet Ryan
Court TV

The summer before Laci Peterson went missing, a human torso clad in maternity clothes washed ashore on San Francisco's Embarcadero.

City police sent the remains for DNA testing, and in August 2002 they got a match. The body was Evelyn Hernandez, a 24-year-old Salvadoran immigrant reported missing along with her 6-year-old son Alex.

In the year since Hernandez's body was found, there has been no sign of Alex Hernandez and no arrests have been made.

http://www.courttv.com/graphics/photos/trials/laci-peterson/inside/offlede/hernandez-evelyn-another-missing-woman150w101h-insidesmall-070903.jpg
Alex and Evelyn Hernandez

San Francisco police, however, maintain that the investigation into Hernandez's murder "is open and active."

Among the clues is Hernandez's wallet, which was reportedly found two blocks from where her mechanic boyfriend worked. According to news reports, Hernandez and her boyfriend clashed shortly before her disappearance when she discovered he was married. He reportedly has not cooperated with homicide detectives.

http://www.newstribune.com/stories/050403/wor_0504030940.asp

http://www.nbc11.com/petersoncase/2282494/detail.html