PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite and why

rlynn411
01-08-2004, 10:31 AM
What is your least favorite commercial and why.

I can not stand the Pringles commercials....who needs to hear the sound of potato chips being chomped on. I always end up hiting the mute button!!

ShelleyG
01-08-2004, 10:33 AM
man too many to pick from I hate the ones with rapp music LOL

Willow
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ShelleyG
man too many to pick from I hate the ones with rapp music LOL

Yep, rap sucks. lol I don't like the paper towel one with the little boy that shakes the orange soda and sprays it everywhere and then his mother takes the sprayer from the sink and soaks the entire kitchen with it. Who in their right mind is going to do that. I know commercials aren't always supposed to make sense but that one is just dumb. lol

Dolly<3
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I hate crappy commercials like the ones on during the day for car insurance (like Survival or whatever), schools like Gibbs, and diet pills like the $153/bottle ones.

Mom2Boys
01-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I hate the Geico Onsurance , when the man tells the girl he is breaking up with her then gets mad when she is'nt happy he saved on insurance UGH!!!

BigLyd1
01-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Carl's Jr. (in CA, forgot what they're called in other states)

It has Hugh Heffner talking about "variety," something about having a different one every night, trying to mean the $6 burger but obviously implying something of a sexual nature. I know some other ads do this but this one is tacky and offensive.

Willow
01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Oh I hate those school ones too. They are so tacky.

Tadbit
01-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by BigLyd1

It has Hugh Heffner talking about "variety," something about having a different one every night, trying to mean the $6 burger but obviously implying something of a sexual nature. I know some other ads do this but this one is tacky and offensive. Would that happen to be Hardees? I hate the Hardees commercials about Angus beef, and I have never seen a commercial done by them that I do like. Can we say "Tacky?" :rolleyes:

BigLyd1
01-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Yep, I think it's Hardees.

freeby4me
01-08-2004, 11:26 AM
I hate the Victoria Secret commercials. Like who would run around like that wearing bra's and pantys?? GRRRRR. (ya know im jelous i cant look like that ;) )

amysusi
01-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rlynn411
I can not stand the Pringles commercials....who needs to hear the sound of potato chips being chomped on. I always end up hiting the mute button!!

That has got to be the most disgusting sound it the world. Who wants to hear someone eat? You should hear us at our dinner table. Every 5 seconds telling the boys to close their mouths. You'd think they'd get it by now.

I also see alot of commercials for those "quickie" colleges. The women always say how things were tight, so they went to the college and are now contributing to the family. Ummm, didn't that 2 years you spent money on school, and not making it ($) hurt you more?
And you're saying that if I stay home, I must be a loser without a job and need to go to your college?:rolleyes:

rlynn411
01-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I also HATE the Herbal Essense commercials...

Unicornmom77
01-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by rlynn411
I also HATE the Herbal Essense commercials...

I HATE these commecials!!! Uhhgg! If I wanted to hear all that I would rent an adult film, which is fine if ya like but I dont want to hear it !!! uhhgggg

suziebee20
01-08-2004, 12:02 PM
I HATE the daisy sour cream commercials with that annoying little jingle!!!!!!!!!!

kimkim232
01-08-2004, 12:10 PM
"Can You hear me now?" GOOD!" Soooooooooo annoying

NINK
01-08-2004, 12:22 PM
there use to be an ad where there was an anoying little boy running back and forth stealing a french fry from a plate on the table, and he had this anoying giggle each time. in the back ground is a running vacuum, as if the mom is busy cleaning and doesn't know he is doing this. well i hated it, i just wanted to strangle that boy. and i mean it doesn't make any sence. why would she make french fries and than go vacuum? why would she leave piping hot from the oven food on a low table where her son could get burnt or eat them all or get them dirty so no one else wants any? my grandmother hated it so much she called or wrote the company and i have not seen the ad since than, this was some years ago i believ it was orida but i may be wrong.

the ads for c.s.i. with the phrase "behind the velvet ropes" when they say that they show a stripper pelvic thrusting toward the screen, her bones are sticking out and she looks terrible, it is gross.

all laywer ads, home schools, diet pills, that are on during day time.

i jate it when they play un apropriate ads for the show you are watching, such as watching a family show and they play somthing like building your labido or have namked people selling shampoo or something.

army ads bug me aswell, they show it like it is one big party and vacation, where is all the blood and death and suffering?

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 12:27 PM

It has Hugh Heffner talking about "variety," something about having a different one every night, trying to mean the $6 burger but obviously implying something of a sexual nature. I know some other ads do this but this one is tacky and offensive.

Don't like this one either, why hasn't anyone complained yet?

justme23
01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
I hate them ALL... my husband hates to watch tv w/ me because I will NOT watch commercials and end up watching like 8 dif shows all at once to avoid them... The worst ones are those stupid 'Can you hear me now?' commercials.

We really love that one Identity theft commercial tho... with the guy sitting in his living room talking but it's actually a girls voice talking about the $1500 leather bustier and how it lifts and seperates. We downloaded that one off the net and will watch it for a laugh... but it's about the only one we can stomach.

janelle
01-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Did you see the Hugh Hefner special on New Year's Eve. That man is depraved with four or is it six "girl friends" in bed with him every night. The older he gets the more he has to prove something sexual. :rolleyes:

I hate the local lawyer commercial. They tell who the other lawyer is who is taking the person's case and the first lawyer gets so scared and throws the glass of water that he's drinking in his face. Yeah right.

Also the Geico commercial where the women fall in love with the lizard. Inter-specis mating. :confused: :rolleyes:

I hate stupid commercials that think they are cute, NOT.

MsLynn
01-08-2004, 12:41 PM
how about the...

HEY I LOWERED MY COLESTEROL... ones, UUUUGGGGHHHHHH

janelle
01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/burgerking.html

I love this one.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-08-2004, 01:17 PM

I miss Carl's Jr...I'd like to see that commercial once LOL

flute
01-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by janelle
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/burgerking.html

I love this one.

I didn't realize that was a commercial, I thought that was just an internet joke thing?

I hate the becky's carpet & tile commercials' UGHN!
(and brown & crouppen, the lawyer thing UGHN!)

evrita
01-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Girls Gone Wild ..

Whitequeen39
01-08-2004, 01:55 PM
I hate commercials it is a rare occasion that I will think one is cute or clever, mostly I avoid them like the plague!

janelle
01-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by flute
I didn't realize that was a commercial, I thought that was just an internet joke thing?

I hate the becky's carpet & tile commercials' UGHN!
(and brown & crouppen, the lawyer thing UGHN!)

LOL it is an internet joke but I still love it. :D :D Their commercials should be as funny but it would make their employees mad.

schsa
01-08-2004, 02:08 PM
We have an ad for a local lawyer. He's "the strong arm". It cracks me up because he's about 5'2" and as fruity as they come. I swear they put him on a box when they film these things because he always looks so tall. Anyway it drives me insane.

adair
01-08-2004, 04:54 PM

Most the the Carl's Jr commercials have been tacky, offensice, ill-mannered and uncouth for awhile. I even wrote them a letter and told them that I would no longer eat at their restaurants because of the commercials.

chort1313
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM
The herbal esscences ones are the most annoying, I agree!! And the GEICO ones!!!! Sick of em!!

BigLyd1
01-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by adair
Most the the Carl's Jr commercials have been tacky, offensice, ill-mannered and uncouth for awhile. I even wrote them a letter and told them that I would no longer eat at their restaurants because of the commercials.

I too will no longer eat at their restaurants. I've heard that the ads are geared toward young males, so in other words I guess they don't really care if some are offended... especially because I just read today that their sales are very strong. Oh well. I still don't have to eat there.

chicodog
01-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't like the Geico and the aflac commercials. I do have to watch them as I play Rewardtv for points.

Ladytiger
01-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Jim the Snapple dude and anything with RAP music-instant mute, or hit the volume on the radio!

amysusi
01-09-2004, 10:40 AM
That Burger King internet ad janelle posted was hilarious :D . Alot more accurate about their workers than most. OK that was mean, I'm sorry. We have Carl's Jr, around here, but don't see any of those commercials you all are talking about. From the sound of it,I think I'm glad.

I tend watch multuple shows like Justme23 too. And sometimes I forget what I was originally watching!

That Pledge commercial also irritates me. You know, that "Mark marks" one. One time during a particularly trying week with the kids, DH points out that Mark's mom doesn't get mad at him, just follows him around cleaning up his messes. I said that's because she's a stepford mom. I don't care if that crayon may be easy to clean up, YOU DON"T COLOR ON WALLS OR FURNITURE!! Say bye bye to the crayons, and hello to the corner, you two will become very close.;)