PDA

View Full Version : &&^*&^^^%* flu shot

ezmoney163
01-08-2004, 04:58 AM
My son and Dh got the flu shot 3 weeks ago today. Well guess what!!! My son was in the ER from 3:30 a.m. until just awhile ago, and he has the dern flu. No chit!!! I can not believe it. He has been so sick since he got the shot and now he ends up getting the dern thing. I am so mad (maybe it is because I am so tired) I donno but come on..

I know when I was preggo with him and I had my first flu shot ever I also was extremly sick and ended up with the flu.

Geez!!! What a great day already.

Quaker_Parrots
01-08-2004, 05:06 AM
(((((((((hugs))))))))) BTW did you know that the flu everyone is getting right now is not the strain the shot protects you from? He might have gotten it from the shot, but chances are, he has the other type.

whirlygirl
01-08-2004, 05:11 AM
Poor guy, I'm sure he's miserable. I missed out on getting my kids the flu shot this year and it hit our house HARD! It took almost a month to cycle through all five of us and my youngest ended up in the hospital at one point. I really regretted not getting on ball sooner to get everyone shots but now I keep hearing stories like this.

I'm sorry he caught it and hope he feels better real soon.

ezmoney163
01-08-2004, 05:11 AM
He has type A whch is one of the ones he was supposed to be protected from. LOL!!

TY for the hug I needed it today!! ;)

Angeleyes03
01-08-2004, 05:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your son is sick, i really hope he feels better.((((((((HUGS)))))

cpbaby
01-08-2004, 05:27 AM
I got the flu shot and ended up with the flu too. I had a very light case though. My son had it and DIDNT have the shot, it was BAD. If i had had a full blown case of it, I dont think I couldve taken care of him.

I hope he gets better soon.

JWWB2000
01-08-2004, 05:34 AM
((((((EZ$163))))))
Hope is gets better really soon!! I don't like those darn flu shots!! Everytime I get one, I end up sick so I just don't get them anymore.

Sending you lots of hugs!!!

Kelsey1224
01-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I'm so sorry your baby is sick and that you are so tired. Here are hugs to you both.

I'm with QuakerParrots on this one. Each year it is a crap shoot with the flu shot. The manufacturers try to guess what strains of flu are going to be the problems that year and formulate the shot accordingly. This year they were way off and the shot has been ineffective for most of the population who received it.

I for one got the shot early in October and just got over a two week-bout with the flu. (I would have said it was just a really bad cold, but was told that a cold doesn't last that long.)

Since the shots they give are not the live virus, most people do not get sick from them anymore. I know that when I first had the shot several years ago, I would run a low-grade fever that night...but that was it. Now...I have no adverse side effects at all.

I would still rather get the shot...just in case.

MamaFairal
01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Never gotten any of those shots .........

and never gotten that nasty flu!
*(knocking wood and putting on protective mask)*

{{HUGS}} to the sick one :)

monii222
01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
I am sorry he is sick too, I hope my son didn't give to him.
((((HUGS)))) for both of you.