PDA

View Full Version : Its all happening at once

dena_darling
01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
1. I'm out of my meds. I don't have the money to get them refilled.
It cost $175 for one month supply and I'm moody and depressed. And I
HATE FEELING THIS WAY.

2. Monday found out that dh's dad has prostate cancer, it is not
treatable and he has 9-12 months to live.

3. DH got a phone call on Monday from his ex's dad. She moved out
and left their son at her dads and he wants us to come and get him.
He is almost 8 and we have not seen him but a few times. They kept
moving around and did not want dh to have any contact with the boy.
So we never knew where they lived and could not visit.
Now her dad wants us to get him every weekend until we can go to court
and get full custody. They live about 1 1/2 hrs away from us. I am
happy for dh but scared cause i don't know if i can handle another
child. I have 3 boys of my own (2 with dh). And we only have a
2-bedroom trailor. I don't want to deny dh from doing this cause he
is really excited about getting his son. But i'm so scared. Also
this will mean that i'm the step mom. And I don't want to be the
wicked stepmom so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ttistin
01-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh wow sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I am sorry but I have no advice for you only hugs so here ya go {{{{{{{{dena_darling}}}}}}}

kimp67
01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
no advice, just wanted to give you (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Tasha405
01-07-2004, 05:56 PM
{{{dena_darling}}} Sorry you are going through so much. I hope things get better for ya.

schsa
01-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Call you doctor for samples to get you through. I've done it and they would rather have you on your meds than not. I used to get half a month from my doctor and buy the other half. Plus price you drugs. You might find a cheaper price.

Dena, the kid is 8 and his mom just dumped him. I am sure that he is going to have problems but at least your home is stable.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-07-2004, 06:14 PM
yes,call your doctor for samples,if they have what you take they will give you some,that's why they get samples from companies :)

g'luck with the little boy,I hope it works out for you.

guesswho!
01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Definately call your dr.for samples. Also, ask them about any local programs which might offer assistance. Most programs you have to meet income eligibility requirements. If you meet the req's then your med's are free. I know pfizer(sp)? has a program called Connection to Care where they help low income ppl & give free med's to those who qualify.

If your med.comp.doesn't have a program & you're desparate, m/b discuss switching to a med whose company does offer assistance. The assistance prgrams do take awhuile to approve you, but samples from the dr can get you thru while you apply, if this is something that you want to do.

Good luck to you. I'm saying a prayer for you & your family.

cinnamonch
01-07-2004, 09:47 PM
treat dh's son as if he is your own. right now he needs security and assurance that someone cares about him.

jonette5
01-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Just offering hugs, prayers and good vibes for all to work out with you and family.

cch
01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
If your doctor can't/won't give you any samples as your pharmacy about charging it until you can pay for it, or only giving you a partial amount on your prescription (however many pills you can afford to pay for). I know our local pharmacy will do this, but it might be because we're in a small town.

momfromTN
01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Dh is doing the right thing by his son. Hope it all works out.

Sha
01-08-2004, 04:21 PM
No advice but sending you some luck and {{{HUGZ}}} for a better outcome.

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 04:23 PM
give him lots oh hugs and include him in all family activities, Try not to use the "my boys" talk. If u do ever say it look at him in the eyes and smile :)

ebgreen74
01-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Good luck to you. Being a step mom is very hard but worth it to me. Just be there for him and treat him like your own and you'll be fine.

feliciac
01-09-2004, 09:29 AM
(((((((((((dena))))))))))))

I think the one thing you need to remember is if you get your dh's son, he is going to need alot of extra care and attention for a little while. His mother dumped him and he is going to be in a completely new situation. Treat him like you treat your other kids and don't loose hope. It will probably be difficult fr a while, but be strong, be consistent and stick to your guns, everything will work out. The best thing you will be able to give him is your love and a stable home environment. I know, we went through this with my ds when he and his dad moved in with me after we got married, and he was only four at the time.