PDA

View Full Version : Starting out to be the week from h*ll....

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
This is very long... To start things off yesterday was my first day back to work after being off for 2 weeks with vacation & holidays. I get home around 1 am and start going thru my email as usual. Here's an email from my aunt telling me that my great aunt died yesterday afternoon. She emailed me because I check my email more than the answering machine. So I get up at 9am today & go to my "former" brother's office to tell him (we haven't spoken in 2 and a half years unless you count the occassion times he tells me to go **** myself), thankfully he's not there so I leave the message with the Prosecutor. Fast forward 15 minutes, I driving home to get ready to go to the funeral home, when lo and behold the cell phone rings. It's my aunt (the same one who emailed me) telling me I need to get to the hospital right away her daughter is having the baby. Well after yesterday & earlier this morning I really needed some good news. The baby is FINALLY here!!! Her name is Emma Lauren 7 pounds 13 oz and 21 inches long. Right now I feel like my butt is forever attached to my car seat. Then at the funeral home I'm standing there talking to darling Robert when I see a picture of my great aunt & my mom (Mom died 9/25/00). Talk about a shock. Then there was the cat fight with the cousin that showed up ripped out of her mind. She had a fit when she saw 4 doz roses from her ex-hubby. I don't know how I should feel or even react right now.

nosamiam
01-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Wow you have alot to be taking in! Take a deep breath and relax.

{{{{{JENNIFERCATLADY}}}}}

I love the name Emma!

okie
01-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Congrats on the arrival of the new baby.I'm sorry for your loss.

schsa
01-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Good news on the baby. And keep in mind that funerals are great places for people to fight and make fools of themselves. I am sorry for your loss.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks for letting me vent everyone! The funeral today was over the top. The snobby people had to make complete fools of themselves over EVERYTHING. My "former" brother kept shooting me dirty looks all day. And the kicker is my boyfriend (who's only met my aunt that notified me) went to the funeral whereas my "former" brother's wife (they've been married almost 4 years) could not be bothered to come to the funeral. The only reason "former" brother even bothered to come to the funeral was to "hob-nob" with the rich side of the family, most of who he has not seen or spoken to for 6 years or longer. And they call me the "Black Sheep" of the family?!?!

jen-ron
01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Aww, hun I am so sorry. They say every time someone dies someone else is born. Maybe your family was givin a new life to help celebrate the old life that just left? (I try to find a positive side to death) As for the "former" bro and his wife and the ripped cousin, let them all make fools of themselves and be proud of who and what you are. It'll all come out in the end you'll see. Also, a good cry is really good for good and bad news. ;)

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks Jen-Ron. I thought I was one of the few people that thought for every death, there's a birth.