PDA

View Full Version : Booooooo

Kyla Kym
01-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Cigarette ads are uncool on family forums!!

Mini & suziebee you gals don't be clicking on the cig. ads you hear! That goes for the rest of you kids here too. ;)

And that's all I got to say about that. :)

nosamiam
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I haven't noticed them but yucko mucko!

Momster
01-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh wow I just noticed that :eek: I agree, not cool.

DBackFan
01-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Well its easy enough to see ciggie ads most anywhere and I think Alex needs the sponsor help here. If we all clicked as much as we complain it may not have happened. ;)

suziebee20
01-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Eww yuck, never. I just noticed when I clicked this thread. It says "Stop wasting your money, buy your ciggaretted online at...." I say if you really want to stop wasting your money, quit smoking. lol, but I'm not gonna get into that, I almost got flamed to death last time I disagreed with it.

At any rate, that's not cool for a family forum!

debbyfaye
01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
As my daughter calls them, cigga-ratts.

Hey Kyla, can you PM me? I've got a question for you. It's not bad, I promise? I can't PM you it's says you don't accept them.

Kyla Kym
01-06-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know why it says that for, I got several today. Hmmm..
send you one here in just a sec. :)

suziebee20, good for you !!! I need you to talk to my son and convince him how bad it is....doesn't do any good me talking to him. :)

LuvBigRip
01-06-2004, 08:28 PM
I saw them, but they did not bother me until I saw this. I had no idea that this was a family forum. I have seen jokes on here that I would consider alot more questionable. I am glad that I know it is a family forum now. I will be much more careful of what I do and say.

ezmoney163
01-06-2004, 08:50 PM
We need the sponsers money to keep these boards going. I am sure it is not to offend anyone. I personally am a non smoker but am not offended. Just ignore it, don't click it whatever just quit complaining or we will have no place to do so. JMHO!!

Kyla Kym
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
just quit complaining or we will have no place to do so. JMHO!!

Oh please! Lighting up! Couldn't you see the humor in my post? It was a semi-jest.

I doubt very seriously if Alex would tear down the whole forum just because I said something negative about one of the silly ads here. He knows as well as everyone else that you can't get away from them. They are everywhere you go.

I'm just one of "those" ex-smokers that try to get everyone else to stop. And try to encourage young adults never to start.

But I wasn't complaining, only stating a fact....that cig. ads are uncool. :)

AngelGrim
01-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I haven't noticed them, and I still haven't seen them am I missing something, lol

okie
01-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I didn't notice them either but then i've been trying to ignore all the ads and pop ups.

Gitty
01-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Leave it for us old farts that are dieing soon away. Cough, cough, cough.

Kyla Kym
01-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Gitty
Don't make me have to get out my "one of those ex-smokers" bible and preach to you !! ;) ;) {{{{Gitty}}}}

CarolinaBlue
01-07-2004, 04:11 AM
I never even noticed the ads until they were pointed out! LOL!
I'm also an ex-smoker but the only people I preach to are our kids. I figure everyone else can make their own decision.

BTW, ads never made me smoke in the first place. I really believe it was growing up seeing both of my parents smoke that made me start years ago. Burying both of them from smoking is what more or less made me stop. :(

Dolly<3
01-07-2004, 04:35 AM
hehehehe! It reminds me of a Simpsons I saw the other day. Marge was trying to raise money and no one in town would help, so a tobacco corporation went to her and handed her a check for a bunch of money and said something about tobacco corps backing a lot of companies and whatnot. Then she said NO b/c she didn't want money from a tobacco corp and the guy turned into the devil and melted or something.

teehee!

Angelseyes28
01-07-2004, 08:28 AM
*Lights up a cig and looks for the ciggy banner*:D

EricsnKy
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DBackFan
Well its easy enough to see ciggie ads most anywhere and I think Alex needs the sponsor help here. If we all clicked as much as we complain it may not have happened. ;)

ITA :D

EricsnKy
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM
And no I do not smoke..

It'll be ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE on Feb. 3rd!!

Kyla Kym
01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by angelseyes28
Why? you gonna touch that ciggy to it when you find it? :D :p ;)

Originally posted by EricsnKy
And no I do not smoke..

It'll be ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE on Feb. 3rd!!

Well hi there Eric :D I thought you had been banned again.
Glad to see you back. :)

And good for you for quiting! Thats great!! :) I know it's a hard thing to do. :)

feliciac
01-07-2004, 12:41 PM

You could probably see the banner if there wasn't all that smoke clouding things up. :eek:

Ya know I love ya, but I just couldn't resist, hehehe. :D

Technologist
01-07-2004, 01:55 PM
***Wiping ashes and soot off screen.... Oh those ads!!! ***

BTW, Just re-read the rules again.... sorry, don't see where it says that this is a family forum.

*** clicks ad for cheap ciggies, and types in order for 10 cartons (Free shipping!!!) ***

Gitty
01-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Re: KK you have a very good point. Youngens don't start smoking!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Gitty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't make me have to get out my "one of those ex-smokers" bible and preach to you !! {{{{Gitty}}}}

harloo
01-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't see how a cigarette ad is wrong on this site. I don't smoke, and never will but I just don't feel that an add persuades a kid or anyone for that matter to smoke. It's basically peer pressure that gets kids too smoking.

Also, I realize that some people do smoke and like to buy cheap cigarettes. It's really their choice, and they know the risk.

:) ;)

Technologist
01-07-2004, 02:10 PM
http://images.imgehost.com/getmycigs/getmycigs120X600.jpg

Woohoo!!! Cheap Ciggys!

:D :D :D

MamaFairal
01-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Gotta do what ya gotta do..to keep the boards going i guess

*i never have or never will smoke as i watched Mom(1/24/01) die of emphyzema and its not pretty :(
WIsh i could get my girls to quit tho ;) still working on them all the time!

harloo
01-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Technologist
http://images.imgehost.com/getmycigs/getmycigs120X600.jpg

Woohoo!!! Cheap Ciggys!

OMG they are the good kind too. I might have too start smoking, this ad looks great!:) ;)

Kyla Kym
01-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by harloo
OMG they are the good kind too. I might have too start smoking, this ad looks great!:) ;)

I was just thinking the same thing..at that price I ought to start back. very tempting...LOL :D

The beer ads I bet pay allot to, we should try and get some of those seeing as how there is nothing in the rules about this being a family forum. :p

j/k :p

Angelseyes28
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by feliciac
You could probably see the banner if there wasn't all that smoke clouding things up. :eek:

Ya know I love ya, but I just couldn't resist, hehehe. :D

LMAO....Go away woman! No one asked you to come in here stirring up my smoke:p;):D

Katt
01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Alex said he didn't even know what ads were running, and he was asking the techs to take this one off.

feliciac
01-09-2004, 01:06 PM
LMAO....Go away woman! No one asked you to come in here stirring up my smoke:p;):D

You mean you can actually see me through the smoke?!!! lol See, I did do some good, lol, hehehehe :eek: :) :D

Technologist
01-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Guess I'll have to buy the stuff from the other ad.... "Depression? BI POLAR? Moodswing? Find Serenity Now... "

noodnick
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey Tech!

I tried to check out your website, but I got "page found not found".

Dolly<3
01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Katt
Alex said he didn't even know what ads were running, and he was asking the techs to take this one off.

Wow, that's cool of him.

Kyla Kym
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by *Amanda*
Wow, that's cool of him.
Ditto! Way to go Alex! :)