PDA

View Full Version : Foufin Auto Parts Places

ShelleyG
01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
ok so my month isnt getting any better :( Hubbies windshield cracked all the way across because of the cold weather. So I call places trying to find out how much for a new windshield right....

I call Napa first... I get from the guy "this is an auto parts place mam"

I say to him and what do windshields go in? He says This is an auto parts store and GRRR he hung up on me LMAO!

Then I call autozone he refered me to pick a part (a junk yard) which you have to try and pull it off vehicals yourself LOL yeah right me with all of the kids and trying to get a windshield off a junker ...

which was better than the first guy anywaysLOL

Finally I call another junk yard that has items already pulled of cars and they have one for 100.00 and another 60.00 to install.

But how rude of NAPA Im so angry at them LOL

I know I am a female but it made sence to me to call an AUTO place LOL

rlynn411
01-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Call an auto glass repair shop ... they can help ya out. $100 for the windsheild and $60 to have it put in isn't a bad deal.

I had a small rock ding in my van windsheild, I'm a guessing that caused a small stress point and combined with the extreme heat it began to literally cracked before my eyes. I call my insurance company and they sent the glass repair people to the house the next day. Only had to pay the $50 deductable. Had I had to pay for the winsheild out of pocket it would of been around $800.

I would ask to speak with the manager of the auto part store and complain about how rudely you were treated.

captorquewrench
01-06-2004, 05:56 PM
for auto glass, you should try an auto glass dealer. usually cheaper than the parts house, if you can find a parts house that deals in auto glass at all. if you don't know or can't find an auto glass dealer, call one of the chains in your area that does residential glass. chances are they also do or can refer to you a better place for auto glass.

if you have a binswanger locally, they are very reputable. not sur eon pricing since I only ever dealt with them from the insurance claims side of things.

http://www.binswangerglass.com/
nver mind. site says they don't have any NY locations.

but your best bet for a windshield is glass place, not an auto parts store.

ShelleyG
01-06-2004, 06:08 PM
i looked in the phone book and not one listing for auto glass places, do I live in a hick town or what LOL

I wish I had comprehensive on that blazer now<~~~~~~is kicking myself in the butt :)

captorquewrench
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
the $100 windshield and $60 to install is pretty reasonable price.

you can also try just looking under "glass" or "residential glass" if the residential guys don't do it they might be able to refer you.

it's a PITA and the parts guys shouldn't have been rude, they should have just suggested you go to a glass place and maybe given you a referral.

fatesfaery
01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
[i]if you have a binswanger locally, they are very reputable. not sur eon pricing since I only ever dealt with them from the insurance claims side of things.

http://www.binswangerglass.com/
nver mind. site says they don't have any NY locations.

but your best bet for a windshield is glass place, not an auto parts store. [/B]

My personal experience with Binswanger is that they bite!

Last Dec something malfunctioned with my rear defroster, I was at Target, at night, in the rain when we heard a pop. Looked back and the whole rear window was shattered.

DH took it to Binswanger the next day and had it replaced. Brought it home with Duct tape all around the window. They told DH to leave the tape on a couple of days, which we did....went to pull it off and it left marks and adhesive on the paint all around the window. That was bad....but the next time it rained the window leaked like a sieve. We had to take it bach numerous times before they finally got the leak fixed.

We really had no recourse about anything....the receipt states they're not responsible for anything but the glass.

schsa
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
$160 is cheap. My last rear window that had to be replaced (some kid shot a bb through it but he also hit a cop car and was caught) was almost $1000.

freeplease
01-07-2004, 11:50 AM
I still get calls from auto glass places asking me if I need a new windshield. lol Like I wouldn't call THEM? "Oh my, thank you ever so for calling me, Autoplus! I'd never have remembered to have that broken windshield replaced on my own! Afterall, I'm just a dumb woman." grrrrr

ShelleyG
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by freeplease
I still get calls from auto glass places asking me if I need a new windshield. lol Like I wouldn't call THEM? "Oh my, thank you ever so for calling me, Autoplus! I'd never have remembered to have that broken windshield replaced on my own! Afterall, I'm just a dumb woman." grrrrr roflmbo thats how they made me feel saying this is an auto parts store ma'm GRRRRR lol