PDA

View Full Version : Ooooooh the pain... (personal health issue- don't read if you don't want to know)

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 11:42 AM
How do you know if you have just a kidney infection or if you have kidney stones, or possibly a bladder infection? All I know if that on my right side it hurts to lay on that side, there's a consistant dull ache there and sometimes it feels like my inside on that side (did that make sense?) feels like it's on fire. My whiz is a darker yellow than normal too. What can I do?! Please don't say Cranberry juice... :D

Painfully waiting your replies...
Wendy

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Oooooooh, I don't wanna go to the Dr. Can't I just pass this thing on my own if it IS a kidney stone? *sigh*

tiffany21
01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
go to the Dr

JWWB2000
01-06-2004, 12:05 PM
I know this will be painful for you to do but drink lots and lots of water to help flush out some of the bad stuff in there right now and keep doing this until you get to the doctor. You will feel a lot better once you go and they are able to tell you exactly what is wrong and treat you for it!!!!

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Whose side are you on?! :D :D :D Okay, Okay... I'll probably have to wait though... til Hubby calls. I got insurance so they can bill me, but I don't have the $ for a 'script. *sigh*

Quaker_Parrots
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Go to the Dr.

but in the meantime, NO pop, soda, Coke, or whatever you want to call it(absolutely none of that)

Do drink lots of water(and yes cranberry juice) and it wouldn't hurt to drink buttermilk, or eat yogurt (you need the good bacteria that either of those can provide) if you can't handle drinking cranberry juice, they do make cranberry pills, you can get them in the vitamin section of your favorite pharmacy

Also, WHERE exactly on the right side does it hurt? if more the back area about where your waist is, I would definately say kidney, if lower in front, possibly appendix?

cch
01-06-2004, 12:19 PM
If you think it's a bladder infection drink a cup of pickle juice. The vinegar in it will help!

ezmoney163
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
goto the doctor, if you do not it will only get worse. If you do not havethe money for a script, tell him that is why they have sample there.

Good luck!!!

feliciac
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
Whose side are you on?! :D :D :D Okay, Okay... I'll probably have to wait though... til Hubby calls. I got insurance so they can bill me, but I don't have the $ for a 'script. *sigh*

Go anyways, if they give you a prescription ask for samples. Most dr's have a good supply of samples, so just ask. Explain the situation, you'll be surprised what it can get ya.

(((((((((((((cowgirlie)))))))))))

zitra
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
How do you know if you have just a kidney infection or if you have kidney stones, or possibly a bladder infection? All I know if that on my right side it hurts to lay on that side, there's a consistant dull ache there and sometimes it feels like my inside on that side (did that make sense?) feels like it's on fire. My whiz is a darker yellow than normal too. What can I do?! Please don't say Cranberry juice... :D

Painfully waiting your replies...
Wendy

I had what is VERY similar to what you described, a few weeks ago..it turned out to be a bacterial infection.

donnakc
01-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I've had a kidney stone and it worst pain than childbirth. I don't know anybody that can pass one without painkillers. You probaly have an infection............go see the Dr.....

BigLyd1
01-06-2004, 01:50 PM
I would guess a kidney infection but only a doctor should know. Do you have this feeling of always having to urinate? I've had that with a kidney stone and bladder infection. I haven't had a kidney infection though. Kidney stones are very painful.

justme23
01-06-2004, 01:52 PM
I have kidney stones every so often... it sounds like just an infection to me... when I get stones I go in to total panic attack mode and there is NO laying down, not just uncomfortable on one side. The last time I had one I got 4 shots of pain killers and 2 muscle relaxers through an IV... the pain was so bad, that none of it relaxed me... took me 6 hours to pass it and I had so many narcotics on board that I passed out about 40 seconds after passing it (you know, cause the pain almost completely disappears and your whole body relaxes)... I agree w/ the others tho, you should see the doc... kidney infections are not something to mess around with.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
You're trying to kill me off, admit it. :D How am I going to survive without Mt. Dew? Or Red Fusion? :D :eek: :D I hate cranberry juice and I've never tried buttermilk before... but I could handle yogurt.
It hurts right *here*... ;) Seriously, it's on my right side, on the back side, like you described. My Mom thinks it's kidney related too.

Originally posted by Quaker_Parrots
Go to the Dr.

but in the meantime, NO pop, soda, Coke, or whatever you want to call it(absolutely none of that)

Do drink lots of water(and yes cranberry juice) and it wouldn't hurt to drink buttermilk, or eat yogurt (you need the good bacteria that either of those can provide) if you can't handle drinking cranberry juice, they do make cranberry pills, you can get them in the vitamin section of your favorite pharmacy

Also, WHERE exactly on the right side does it hurt? if more the back area about where your waist is, I would definately say kidney, if lower in front, possibly appendix?

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Okay so we're thinking kidney infection... that beats a kidney stone. And it's not so much always the feeling of having to go but going more often than normal and being up and down all night. I can sit okay,but if I lay down on my right side, it's like this throbbing pain. Can't lay down on my back either. This is bad, isn't it? :(

BigLyd1
01-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Not to nag... but it's still best to go to the doctor. You don't want this thing, whatever it is, to get worse.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by cch
If you think it's a bladder infection drink a cup of pickle juice. The vinegar in it will help!

AAKKK!! How does it help? I have never heard of this lol

and yes go to doctor :)

Kelsey1224
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
GO TO THE DOCTOR. I had a urinary tract infection earlier last year and it moved to my kidneys. I knew what it was and started drinking tons of cranberry juice. We were in the process of packing up the house for moving and I didn't feel that I had the time to go to the doctor.

Well...I ended up with a 105 degree fever (yep...105) and I was admitted to the hospital for three days! I won't mess with that again.

donnakc
01-06-2004, 03:04 PM
GO TO THE DR !!!!!

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-06-2004, 04:19 PM
OOOOK OOOOKKKK you guys win! I'll go. Hubby gets off work @ 8PM, I could go to the ER. I'll ask for samples.

callsheb
01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
a week ago tonight my son in law had been having dull pain on his ride side in the back area he even ate supper but my daughter kept nagging him thank god she did. He went to er and they did a cat scan he had acute appentatis(not spelled right) they took him directly to surgery to have it taken out so dont mess around go to the doctor. My son in law did not even dream of something like this happening.

azwup05
01-07-2004, 07:05 AM
I hope she went. And just a note, with kidney infections, dairy products should also be avoideduntil the Dr. gives you the go ahead. It's too hard for sick kidneys to process. Every time you think that a kidney infection is possible, you go. They have to sample the urine to find out the type of bacteria to prescribe the right antibiotic. The wrong antibiotic will make the infection worse. If you don't get treatment, the infection can get into the bloodstream and it becomes more difficult to treat you with weakend kidneys. Been through these things too many times so this comes from experience.

GiGiL
01-07-2004, 10:27 AM
it could be a cyst . I have one on my right side and I didnt even know it til i went in for my annual OBGYN visit. Last night it started bugging me .
Please go get it checked out.

magicwoman19
01-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I hope you went to the ER. I had a Kidney stone when I was pregnant with Savannah, I had to pass the thing on my own with No Pain Killers! And I will say, it hurts so freakin bad, I couldn't lay, sit, stand, anything. I screamed and cried back there in the ob room at the hospital, and I was in the hospital a week, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, and when I got home, I passed it the next morning by myself. Woke up, puked, and then passed it. It is the worse pain in the world.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Well, my side is doing better and truth be known, it might of just been a lot of gas. Trust me, you don't want to be in the same room with me. :D It's not hurting today, and it only bothered me last night because I hadn't seen a lot of my friends since Christmas so they were all Huggy-Kissy and kept accidently whapping me in the side. I think I'll live, much to the disappoint of some ex-members/trolls here I'm sure. :D ;) :eek:

JWWB2000
01-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the update. At least this seems to be something that will just pass :)

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
01-08-2004, 01:26 PM
LOLOLOL! Sorry that was so funny the way you phrased that... *snicker snort giggle*