PDA

View Full Version : Help Need Cheap Cell Phone Company??

msmom79
01-05-2004, 09:40 PM
I DONT MAKE MUCH SO ANY ADVICE ANY OF YOU WOULD GIVE ME WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.IM LOOKING FOR YOUR BASIC EVERYDAY CELL PHONE COMPANY,NOT ONE THAT WILL CAOST ME AN ARM AND LEG.THANKS EVERYONE ANN

GeThang
01-05-2004, 09:52 PM
I dunno if this will help. I use Virgin Mobile prepaid. I don't use a lot of time, so this works well for me. It takes me like a month to use $20 in time. That is if you aren't a big talker though. It is 25 cents per minute for the first 10 min/day and then 10 cents per minute after that, but like I said, I am not a huge talker, so that works out great for me.

It runs on the Sprint PCS system, so when I went to Memphis, I was able to make and receive calls like usual, and I usually have service almost everywhere I go. I don't have any complaints about it. I've had pretty good luck with it, and it was relatively inexpensive for me to get it started. My phone and first $10 in airtime was $60, and then I added an additional $30 in time because when I bought it, I didn't know how much time I would use. It took me over 2 months to use that. It cost me under $100 to get started though.

Oh, and you get a regular phone number like what Sprint issues.

fatesfaery
01-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Are you wanting it for local service only? There are companies that do local service (in NC it was Cricket, here in GA it's Metro PCS)for a flat fee, either 29.99 or 39.99. In NC Cricket included 500 long distance minutes.

If you won't be using it much, a pre-paid may be the way to go.