PDA

View Full Version : There are Sickos in this world.

GeThang
01-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I am a member of perverted-justice.com and a guy that lives about 45 minutes away from me was busted trying to solicit a 14 year old. It is rather complicated how things are done on the site, but what they do, they do for the kids. They work to get pedophiles out of chatrooms so that they don't lure kids in.

PJ is grown men who pose as young kids in chatrooms and these solicitors think they are talking to kids. They want to meet these kids and do bad things to/with them. Later, they find out they weren't talking to a kid at all, but they more than likely learn a lesson and never try to solicit a child again.

There was a news story done on them a while back where they used an apartment building as the child's house. What is so sick is that 4 men showed up there to meet the "child" they were talking to in the chat room. Instead of meeting a child, they met a news camera.

There's some language on the site, and a lot of the stuff is disturbing, but the way I look at it, if the pedo's are busted now, then a child has possibly been saved.

evrita
01-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Man that suxs. I know this stuff happens all the time we have some officers in NH that do the same thing but what scares me is they get teachers and coaches and people you would never expect. I dodnt want to offend anyone with that remark. My daughter begs me to get online she is 10 and I am so over protective. I will let her get on mine but all my messengers are shut off and she is where I can see her. I let her go to nick.com and thats about it

GeThang
01-03-2004, 11:46 PM
The internet can be fun, educational, but yet dangerous all at the same time.

One of the people in that news story I was talking about was a basketball coach. Quite quite sad. The coach was showing up to meet a 14 or 15 year old girl.

evrita
01-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Yes it is sad... I dont know what they think sometimes

suziebee20
01-04-2004, 12:05 AM
How scary... that's why I keep telling my sister to tell her little friends to take their danged phone numbers off their AIM profiles. They say, "Only our friends know our screen names..." but just about anyone can look them up, and with their little buddy sub-profiles, you can see everyone's SN who has veiwed someones subby. Therefor if they look at mine, anyone who looks at mine can see their screen name.

justme23
01-04-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm a member over there too... and HAD great faith in what they do. I still do to a point, I know it's all for the kids and I think that's great... but they have one followuper who lies to the wannabe pedos to get information, and to me, this activity only brings him to the same level of the pervs and discredits the site and it's purpose. The one that really annoyed me was one who is trying to get help and they'd already verified it and the guy said 'I need to fill out the app for you to get your file removed, give me all this info' and for close to an hour promising him 'yes it will all be private'... then he proceeded to post it in the forums. I have no problem w/ them hunting down and doing what they do to the ones who don't want to change and just deny... but the ones who are getting help and pj has proof.. to me, it just discredits them to see followuppers lie to get the info... but that's just me.

Dolly<3
01-04-2004, 01:48 AM
I was looking at sex offender info on this website... I forgot what it was. Anyway, I wanted to see if any life close to me. One of them was this guy I knew in HS and I was like :eek: Then like a week later I saw him in Walmart w/some girl.

VenusA423
01-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by *Amanda*
I was looking at sex offender info on this website... I forgot what it was. Anyway, I wanted to see if any life close to me. One of them was this guy I knew in HS and I was like :eek: Then like a week later I saw him in Walmart w/some girl.

Okay, I'm in no way defending the actual sickos out there. Amanda's comment reminded me of this one guy in our old apts. He had to tell the office that he was a sex offender and everyone at the apts. received a letter saying so. The thing with this guy is when he was 18, he was dating a 16 year old and had taken sexy pictures of her. Couple years later, he had gotten pulled over for speeding or something and the pictures were in the car and the cop saw them. I don't remember the whole story, but apparently the date was on the picture and was found out that she was only 16 then and the guy was labeled as a sex offender. It's besides the fact that he's married to the girl now and they have a kid, just because she was a minor then. So, there is that very small percentage out there that is something crazy like that. But I know for the majority, it's the sick minded people out there. And very sad to know that some of these people have jobs where they work with or teach kids.

Ladytiger
01-04-2004, 08:26 AM
I have a good friend that is a cop here. He was here last night talking to DD and her friend about this very thing,they have a whole unit that is dedicated to this, and the fact that these guys go to the mall and hang out waiting for the girl that is mad at her mom, and being promiscuous. Some of the girls are never seen again after going to the mall, then end up in a prostitution ring, used for snuff films and/or worse (if there is worse).

Does anyone remember the movie Strangeland? (Captain Howdy??) That would be enough to scare me into not chatting with anyone on AIM, or any messenger for that matter.

Does anyone have the email that was going around about the guy that lived in Maine and found out the indentity of a girl that lived in California? He was an undercover cop that acted like a young guy, even though the girl didn't say anything "personal", he figured out where she lived, what school she went to etc...He met the girl's parents, told them that he was undercover, and had once lost his daughter to the internet. I have been looking for that for awhile now.

VenusA423
01-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Ladytiger

Does anyone have the email that was going around about the guy that lived in Maine and found out the indentity of a girl that lived in California? He was an undercover cop that acted like a young guy, even though the girl didn't say anything "personal", he figured out where she lived, what school she went to etc...He met the girl's parents, told them that he was undercover, and had once lost his daughter to the internet. I have been looking for that for awhile now.

I found it at snopes or something identical to it.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/shannon.htm

GeThang
01-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by justme23
I'm a member over there too... and HAD great faith in what they do. I still do to a point, I know it's all for the kids and I think that's great... but they have one followuper who lies to the wannabe pedos to get information, and to me, this activity only brings him to the same level of the pervs and discredits the site and it's purpose. The one that really annoyed me was one who is trying to get help and they'd already verified it and the guy said 'I need to fill out the app for you to get your file removed, give me all this info' and for close to an hour promising him 'yes it will all be private'... then he proceeded to post it in the forums. I have no problem w/ them hunting down and doing what they do to the ones who don't want to change and just deny... but the ones who are getting help and pj has proof.. to me, it just discredits them to see followuppers lie to get the info... but that's just me.

I think I know which one you are talking about. No, he shouldn't be lying to the guy. I was reading it, and was like, "what the heck?" I see what you're saying. :)

Edited to say:
Venus, I know exactly what you are saying because when I was in high school, I always dated guys older than me. Nothing ever went on, but imaginations do roam. Anyway, in the case of the 18 year old, and the 16 year old, nothing should have been done. That was so not fair to either one of them.

Ladytiger
01-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks Venus-I know it's not true, but the kids don't have to know that;)

Thanks G! That's is a good site-there should be more of them.

VenusA423
01-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks Venus-I know it's not true, but the kids don't have to know that;)

Thanks G! That's is a good site-there should be more of them.

I hadn't known either way if it was true, but I figured that would be the easiest place to find the story. And who knows, something like that COULD happen.

buttrfli
01-04-2004, 06:34 PM
I am also a member of PJ. I love the site and TIG's busts are so good! I hate the fact that there are men out there like this, but I am very thankful that PJ is there to bust them.

buttrfli
01-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Does anyone remember the movie Strangeland? (Captain Howdy??) That would be enough to scare me into not chatting with anyone on AIM, or any messenger for that matter.

That movie gave me the total creeps! I don't get upset with movies normally, but I had to stop watching this one (I finished during the daytime lol) because it was so freaky and SO real.

I had my then 16 year old daughter watch it... she hasn't chatted on the net since! :eek:

nanajoanie
01-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for this most informative post. I had no idea that the P-J site existed. Sounds like a wonderful way to catch these creeps. If it saves even one child it is worth it. I'm sure they go after both girls and boys. SICK! SICK!

menanamama
01-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by evrita
Man that suxs. I know this stuff happens all the time we have some officers in NH that do the same thing but what scares me is they get teachers and coaches and people you would never expect. I dodnt want to offend anyone with that remark. My daughter begs me to get online she is 10 and I am so over protective. I will let her get on mine but all my messengers are shut off and she is where I can see her. I let her go to nick.com and thats about it
they are the ones you should suspect most. pedos like to work with or around children.