PDA

View Full Version : BBS Diet & Exercise Central 2004

Pages : [1] 2

jaybird
01-01-2004, 05:47 PM
After 37990 posts and 232877 'views "BBS Diet & Exercise Central" was closed with a final farewell post by Technologist at 01-01-2004 10:04 AM.

Welcome to the new BBS Diet & Exercise Central!

Hi. My name's Janel & I'm a carboholic! Height 5'4," weight 124 (as of this morning. Goal weight 118.

This is the same concept. Lots of support and help and suggestions. No "ONE" right way to modify your eating and exercise habits. Each person will find what works best for them.

And yes, in the past 14 months that the first diet thread was in existence, a lot of very close friendships were made. And yes, it's not ALL about diet & exercise.

BUT...if you're in, post your height & starting weight, and your goal. You can do a final goal with several short term ones...makes it much more 'reachable.' AND, there will be Friday weigh ins and reports.

Keeping a notebook of your weekly weights, what you eat, when & why you eat it, what sort of exercise you do is VERY beneficial. It gives you something to look at - to see exactly what you've done right or wrong. Consider keeping one.

And to keep the size of this thread manageable, please post links to articles and pictures whenever possible!

And remember...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>PEE CLEAR

:D

gemini26
01-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi! I'm gemini26 and am 5'3". I am doing the atkins diet. I will not post my starting weight until I feel comfortable doing so. I reinducted today after losing some weight on it before the holidays. At this time it is the right choice for me and there is a seperate Atkins thread I started for those interested. My goal is to do a strict induction for a month and then start in with some exercise. I will come and post each Friday what I have lost each week. One of the concepts is lots of water so I may just pull off the pee clear!!

BrightEyes
01-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I am Melissa, I am 5'0" and weigh 148 pounds :( I am a member of the Curves gym and am trying to faithfully go three times a week like they suggest. I am beginning the Curves diet also, it is like a form of Atkins so we will see how that goes. I do not weigh in weekly but they do weigh me and do my measurements once a month. My goal has been set at losing 33 pounds and 34 inches, ten off my size 12 waist!! I was a 16 last Feb and dropped using Atkins but then got lazy, I am determined to succeed this time!

I can use all the support I can get, so get ready to motivate!!

bbjoan
01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
hi i am bbjoan 5.1 weight 154 want to lose 20 pounds by middle feb i dont look like i weigh that much lots of muscle but a big but and legs need lot of work there

Shancopp
01-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi all. I'm Shancopp. I am 5'4" and want to lose about 70 lbs. I started Atkins today. Day one is over and I am at 14 carb gms for the whole day! Not easy, though. Good luck everyone!

jaybird
01-01-2004, 07:22 PM
That's great shan! We're going to do it this year. A pound at a time, no quick fixes, a lifestyle change ladies and gentlemen! And we have 365 days to do it!!!

I see good things happening.

mightyman
01-01-2004, 07:45 PM
ok im here - mm is the name - losing weight is my game -- 2003 was about getting finances in order - now i have nothing left except to lose the weight

im at about 365 or so right now and just turned 30 - i dont want to be dead at 31

BigLyd1
01-01-2004, 07:49 PM
My name is Lydia. I'm 5'4". I don't want to say my weight but my goal is to lose the 20 pounds I put on last year. I already do a lot of exercising including Curves, which I think is great. I hope to lose weight by cutting back on my "mindless eating."

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-01-2004, 07:50 PM
HI,I'M SHEILA I'M 5'5 AND WILL POST MY MONTHLY WEIGHTS DEC.2004.I AM A DEPRESSION/BOREDOM EATER.I AM STARTING BACK TO T.O.P.S. ON TUESDAY.I AM GETTING MYSELF A TREADMILL AND PROMISE TO WALK ON IT OR MY COUNTRY ROADS 4 TIMES A WEEK.

I HAVEN'T DECIDED WHEN TO START THE ATKINS DIET,I NEED TO FIND LINKS ON WHERE TO START (2 WEEK INDUCT) ETC

Ladytiger
01-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Patti here. I'm 5'10 and I am at the most that I have ever weighed other than when pregnant. Due to being ill most of last year, I haven't exercised, thus the weight gain. I already watch fat grams, due to trying to get my cholestrol down. I just signed up at the Y, just have to make sure that I motivate myself to go!
I hit the big 4-0 this year, although I don't feel like it most days.
I assigned myself to be the cheerlaeder/motivator for this group. Let us know when you are having a specific problem, I will try and find some material to read on that matter.

I have a rough time with just drinking water, but I do drink about 2 qts or more of green tea daily. Fat runs in my family so I have be careful.
I am keeping a notebook, now.

*Waves hi to the other's*

Mom2Boys
01-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey yall , I am Lisa ... I am a thick lady LOL
I am 5'10 and 1/2 and I weigh a whopping 355 lbs :(
I want to lose at least 150 , and by gosh I am determined to do this . I hate water , thought I was allergic to it but noticed just hate it , hehehehe . But I want Clear pee too LOL

BrightEyes
01-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Shancopp
Hi all. I'm Shancopp. I am 5'4" and want to lose about 70 lbs. I started Atkins today. Day one is over and I am at 14 carb gms for the whole day! Not easy, though. Good luck everyone!

You should not be at 14 for the whole day hon, Atkins wants you as close to your 20 as possible. Try to stay no more than one or two off is possible. Going lower will make you sick as your body needs some carbs to survive.

jaybird
01-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Mom2Boys, if you could lose 2 pounds a week, you would lose 100 pounds by Christmas 2004. Allen, you can do it too! Just ONE pound at a time. That's like a couple servings of potato chips or cookies or ice cream a week, or one trip to a fast food restaurant.

If we watch what we eat by cutting calories, fat grams, carbs, drink more water, and walk 30 minutes 3 x a week minimum, I promise we'll all be either at or VERY CLOSE to our goals by Christmas!

I'm wondering who will be left in this thread December 2004? It's VERY easy right now. New year, resolutions etc. All the holidays are over, easy to say "I'm gonna do this." Much harder to do it. But, if you each want it badly enough, you can do it. YOU can do it. I can't do it for you. No one else here can. We can support each other, but we can't do anything else. And you have to do it for you. Not for your husband, girlfriend, mother. Won't work unless each one here is ready to make a permanent change.

I weighed 148 once. I know I only have a few pounds to lose, but at one time I had 30 to lose. It wasn't always just 5 pounds for me. Each one of you can reach your goals.

Shancopp
01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Welp, make that 17 carbs for the day...forgot about the pickle spear I had w/ my tuna salad and out of habit, I opened 2 KoolAid Bursts for my 4 yr and took a swig outta each one.. (do that to prevent him from squeezing it and spilling it everywhere!). And at 24 carbs per bottle, I'm giving myself a carb per bottle. Rats! I'll try to stay close to 20, brighteyes. Thanks.

Jolie Rouge
01-01-2004, 09:46 PM
My name is Jolie, I am 5'6 " ( and a half ) and I weigh 165.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds and get from a size 16 to a size 10.

A short term goal is to look *really* good bby March for my 20 Year Reunion because my SE husband has RSVP's that he will be attending and I want him to eat his heart out :p

Problem area is "nibbling" and being to lazy to exercise properly/

Kyla Kym
01-02-2004, 01:54 AM

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-02-2004, 02:20 AM
You mean to tell me I have to drink water? 8 glasses or what?

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Kyla Kym
*¤*`»*«´*¤*
I WILL DO IT!! I would be willing to post a pic now at the beginning!

Hi, I am Wendy I am 5'9" and somwhere around 280, I dont hav a scale!! My goal is to buy one tommorow! I will edit my post for accuarcy.

In my defence I just had a baby Oct 1st. My goal weight is 180. Its not my ideal weight, but what I feel is reasonable. I pee clear already so one down there! I am just down right an overeater and pretty darn lazy. I am going to make myself get out and walk!!!

I was thinking(danreous i know) that maybe we could set up some kinda buddy system, I would be willing to call or email somene at a designated time 3 X's a week to remind/motivate for the walk/exersice time!!

I am so glad you started a new thread!! thanks!!

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 02:30 AM
yeah you have to drink the water girl!! lol I buy bottled, I can drink 16 oz bottle in one drink! I drink like 8 of them a day!! Atleast! I love water, took me about 3 mts of drinking nothing but water tho, I cannot stand kool aid anymore it takes like puure sugar! YUCK! lol

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-02-2004, 02:31 AM
Wendy,I'll buddy up with you. You have my email and we can call,LMK :)

chort1313
01-02-2004, 08:25 AM
OK, I'm in. I'm chort.. 5 feet, 8 inches tall.. I *think* I weigh 145... I do not have a scale, but will buy one very soon. My goal is to not necessarily lose weight, but to tone up. I also want to eat better. AND DRINK MORE WATER!!!

jaybird
01-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Gallon of water a day. :D

What I do is keep a big travel mug handy and refill it before it's empty. All day long. You'll become best friends with your toilet.

The before/after idea is great! In fact, I don't see any reason we can't post before/after pictures right here in this thread. That's what this is for. If I can find a before picture, when I wore a 13 instead of a 5, I'll post it. I'll dig around this weekend for one.

Good morning!

chort1313
01-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Morning..I forgot to add that my goal is to do at least 20 minutes of Pilates a day. I pinched a nerve in my back on Thanksgiving and have to do Pilates to strenghthen.. Plus, it's great to tone. I need to walk, also.. but can't stand being in the cold walking!

gemini26
01-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone!! In a year or maybe before once I feel like showing my pic I will be more than happy to put before and after pictures up. Glad to see everyone here!!
Hiya chort!! Glad to have you back!!

jaybird
01-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Buddying up with someone is a very good idea! And it might help if each buddied with someone that had the same sort of goals. It would be hard for chort, who just wants to tone, to buddy up with someone that wants to lose 150 pounds, you know? It might be easier if each person knew their buddy had a long road ahead too. I know Allen (mightyman) would be a great buddy for one of you. But ya'll have to be ready to kick his butt at times, and convince him to lose the hotdogs! (KIDDING Allen)

Bad way to start a new diet plan. Doing lunch today with my dot, sister-in-law & niece. Going to Fitz's though, and they have great salads! And we'll be walking our butts off (HOPEFULLY) around the Loop and the Central West End. High of 70 degrees in STL today! WOOHOO!

chort1313
01-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey gemini!! Yeah, jb's right.. so if anyone just wants to tone and drink lots of water and watch what they eat, EMAIL of PM me!

It's going to be BEAUTIFUL IN STL today.. takind down xmas deco outside and enjoying the one last day of really nice weather before the cold comes in!

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Ummm... okay, I'll join. :D I'm 5' 8'' and I weigh... more than I should. :p I'm glad you started this "new" thread at the first of the year b/c I swore to myself I'd start working out again (it's been months :() on the 2nd (gave myself a 1 day recover time from New Year's Eve :D) and this'll help me stick to it. :D

I don't do any specific diet plan. I just try to eat healthy and WORK OUT! I cheated today though (I'm off to a GREAT start! :rolleyes: and ate pop tarts. I was SO hungry and I was craving something sweet!

(((((:D))))) Hi!

Oh, and I SO need to drink more water. UGH. I drank nothing BUT water when I was on the Atkin's diet at the beginning of last year, but when I got off of it, I started drinking diet sodas and guess what! Water didn't taste so good after I got my soda back! :D

Oh again, do I HAVE to weigh? B/c I don't weigh, I go by how I feel (like how long I can work out before I feel like I'm dying :p), and how my clothes fit. It's always been better for me that way.

Ladytiger
01-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Friday, January 2, 2004
Get real
There is no need to wish or to beg for anything more than you already have. Just open yourself up to the reality of abundance that is yours to live.
Do you really expect that you can experience true value without giving and living value yourself? Such thinking creates a solid, impenetrable wall between you and the abundance that can be yours.

Do you ignore the most sincere yearnings of your heart for the sake of getting ahead? Such a strategy will only keep you painfully behind.

The abundance of your life is real and it has no limit. So why would you ever invest your faith and your hope in those things that rust and crumble and decay?

Go instead with what is real, with what is lasting, with what can never be taken away. Pay heed to the blessed part of you that knows and appreciates such things.

Go with what is real. And all you could ever need or want is yours to live.

-- Ralph Marston

Ladytiger
01-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Here's yesterdays.

Thursday, January 1, 2004
In this moment
Now is the time, and this is the moment. All else is but a memory of what has been or a speculation of what might come.
It is useful to look back and to look forward as well. Always remember, though, that now is where you are, and now is when you can make a difference.

Regrets and wishes will not change what has been or what will be. It is by taking action now, when you can, that you fulfill the best of your possibilities.

On this day when the calendar changes, and you're reminded of the passage of time, remember this. Whatever the month, whatever the year, now is the time for you to live, this is the moment for you to act.

All that you are, you are right now. All that you can be, begins in this moment. Now is a great place to be. For when you live it fully, with love, with gratitude, with purpose, anything is possible.

-- Ralph Marston

Ladytiger
01-02-2004, 09:26 AM
I did great yesterday!

I drank 4 qts of tea all day/evening
SpecialK with berries for breakfast
half pb& sugarfreee j for lunch
baked tortilla chips
3 oz of steak (the size of a deck of cards)
spinach with vinagrette
steamed brown rice

Snack-I had an orange
3 cookies

Breakfast today, was SpecialK with berries, and a banana.

I am going to go to the store either late tonight or tomorrow-have the list all made with the "good stuff".

chort1313
01-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Amanda sounds like she should be my buddy!!! What do you say? :)

Ladytiger
01-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I LOVE the idea of having a buddy, there is so many ways that we can encourage each other!
Just a little thing that I have discovered might help-I have found that when I am stressed or upset, I eat. Now, when I feel that urge-I am going to work on a hobbie, I cross stitch and paint, can't eat when you are doing that, and the energy is going into something worthwhile. I am working on Christmas gifts now, also quickie stuff like bookmarkers. You might want to try your hand at something like that.

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by chort1313
Amanda sounds like she should be my buddy!!! What do you say? :)

Sure!! (((((Chort))))) :D
I think we're doing pretty much the same thing. :)

chort1313
01-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Aight! I PMED YA.. :) I'm going to do Pilates around 4pm today.. :)

Ladytiger
01-02-2004, 10:30 AM
*Psssst Chort*-I left a message to you in the Jr. Mints thread. Smoochees!

Hey Lydia-wanna buddyup? We are looking to lose the same amount.

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm going to work out at 3 on the gazelle. :D I don't know how long b/c it's been a while. I'm going to try for 10 minutes at least. hehehe... (hey, it's not as easy as it looks! :p)

Don't forget to drink your water, Chort!! I opened my first bottle, and it was dusty from sitting in the cabinet for so long!

BigLyd1
01-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Sure, LT. I don't feel real motivated but if I had somebody to "report" to, maybe I would get into it. I've just worked out at Curves but want chocolate so bad. PMS time. :rolleyes:

chort1313
01-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by *Amanda*
I'm going to work out at 3 on the gazelle. :D I don't know how long b/c it's been a while. I'm going to try for 10 minutes at least. hehehe... (hey, it's not as easy as it looks! :p)

Don't forget to drink your water, Chort!! I opened my first bottle, and it was dusty from sitting in the cabinet for so long!
Oh, i just said 4 because my boyfriend and the kids will be gone then and I can get it done. OH, and mine is only 20 minutes! Thanks for that water reminder! Getting it now!! :D

janelle
01-02-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm 5"5" and weigh 155 lbs. I weighted the same last year when the first diet thread was started. :eek:

My excuse---Change of life and no excercising. Right now I am helping my hubby diet. He bought me two boxes of cherry chocolates for Christmas and I ate every last one of them so he wouldn't eat any. :D Well they are my favorite. I have more candy in the house but I am going to give them to the kids in the family. Oh I did eat the box of Junior mints at the movies after eating the movie popcorn and a large soda but I did share it with my hubby. He ate half the popcorn and drank half the soda but he only had a few Junior mints--see I'm helping him diet again.

I need to excercise and I got a pedometor for Christmas from hubby but haven't used it yet. Afraid to find out I only walk around 100 steps a day. :rolleyes:

janelle
01-02-2004, 12:48 PM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/sunupsundown_1774_2527750

Here's a motivator. I remember looking like that and not too long ago, well not exactly like that but I did weigh 110. :p

Copy this cut out and paste somewhere you can see it everyday. :eek:

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I liked the Atkin's diet b/c if you cheat even ONCE it screws it all up. So I never cheated and lost all the weight I needed to lose in about 4 months. Then I quit the Atkin's diet b/c it just wasn't for me, and I did fine just eating healthy and not worrying too much about carbs. Then over time I succumbed to peer pressure and once I started cheating, it wasn't long before I was just eating anything I wanted, whenever I wanted it. I stopped working out too. I'm not where I was before Atkin's, but pretty darn close. I was going to go on it again, but the reason it worked so well for me is b/c I STUCK TO IT like life would end if I didn't, and that's been my problem all along. Sooo if I can do that w/just eating healthy then it'll be okay. I just have to convince myself that I can't cheat. :D

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 02:20 PM
DBD! I would love to partner up, I promise once the kids are back in school I will be on morw of a decent scheduale!! lol

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 02:20 PM
DBD! I would love to partner up, I promise once the kids are back in school I will be on morw of a decent scheduale!! lol

BrightEyes
01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
I was on my way to this thread to post the buddy idea, I am glad so many of you are already buddied up. I am looking for a buddy also. I am 5foot, need to lose about 35 pounds, doing atkins sort of and Curves. I follow both the Curves weight loss and the Curves exercise. I am a mom of 4 and work full time. 29 years old. Anyone who is similar that wants to buddy up please feel free to PM me and I will swap emails and stuff!

I would like someone I can create mini goals with and maybe we could send small cards, tokens etc to each other when we have hit a mini goal. If interested please PM me. I need all the support I can get!

janelle
01-02-2004, 03:05 PM
I just got through cleaning house. Mopped floors but I cheated. I used the Clorox mop and just threw out the disposable liner, didn't rinse. Put away some Christmas boxes, the ones I got out but didn't use cause we found out FIL has lung cancer. Cleaned litter boxes, etc, etc, etc. Should have had my pedometer on so I could record steps.

chort1313
01-02-2004, 03:52 PM
bye furgy!! drink that ice water!!! :)

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Yoohoo... Chort... Did you work out? :D I did! Drinky drinky!

Have fun Furgy. :D

chort1313
01-02-2004, 03:54 PM
I am now!! cuz I'm a LOSER!!!!!! I'm lazy! WAHHHH!

Dolly<3
01-02-2004, 03:56 PM
LOL Come on! I sooo didn't want to, but I thought "I can't go back and say I didn't work out!" :D

Hop to it! http://www.montada.com/images/smilies/new_icons/drillsergeant.gif

I enjoy this too much.

chort1313
01-02-2004, 04:23 PM
OK, I just got done... 20 min Pilates.. I'm sweaty and majorly out of shape.. but I did it!! Now it's time to make supper!

chort1313
01-02-2004, 06:08 PM
LOL Come on! I sooo didn't want to, but I thought "I can't go back and say I didn't work out!" :D

Hop to it! http://www.montada.com/images/smilies/new_icons/drillsergeant.gif

I enjoy this too much.

OK, SARGE!!! I did it!!! And I'm done with Supper and getting ready to get my journal together. :) I'm proud of us.. We're off to a DECENT start! :)

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
arrrrrrrrrrr i forgot the scale!! lol just got back from 2 hr shopping trip, only spent $20 but had fun w/ my mom and two youngest kids!!

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
arrrrrrrrrrr i forgot the scale!! lol just got back from 2 hr shopping trip, only spent $20 but had fun w/ my mom and two youngest kids!!

Unicornmom77
01-02-2004, 08:55 PM
ok triple post???????? wth??

freeby4me
01-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi everybody! Im so glad you started another diet and exersize thread! I was kinda scared to join the other one at 37...gazilion posts lol so here it goes, My name is Dedra and im 4'9" and weigh 135 pounds. My goal weight is 105 and i'd like to get there by june. Im doing the atkins diet and bumping up the exersize and drinking 120 ounces of water a day. Im so glad to be apart of the thread!!

Shancopp
01-02-2004, 09:22 PM
For those on the Atkins.....the chocolate Reddi Whip in the can....1 carb in 2 tablespoons....OMG!!! MMMMMMMM......sooooo yummy! I put it on a cup of decaf coffee w/ 1 tsp Splenda (.5) and 1 tbsp half and half (.5) for a 2 carb treat! Now, it isn't Starbucks, that's for sure, but it is the first coffee and chocolate I've had in two days! Yummy!!!

DBackFan
01-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh God. You really don't know how bad I DIDN'T want to come into this thread! Ok ok ok my name is Tami and I am a little over 6 ft tall and weigh 245 lbs (was 265 4 mo ago). I really am not super unhappy with the way I look its more the way I feel. I want more energy, I want more sex drive! :D

I used to go to Curves (sis lost 70 lbs last year on it and is an ad for them now!) I dropped out. I work to dang much and felt deprived of my time at home.

I too am a horrible snacker. I rarely eat a full meal but I am increasing my water, I know it helps. I have lost 20 lbs in the last 4 months just cutting down, walking more and drinking water.
I would love to be at 185 so have about 60 lbs or so to lose. HELP me guys! :D

flute
01-02-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm mary and I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks or so. Having bad times recently, emotionally, which means I've been eatin like crazy.

I nibble, to excess. *sigh*
and taking the food out of the house isn't an option, mike would sooner hurt me.

so what do I do? *sigh*
I have to get control of my life...

smartie23
01-03-2004, 12:30 AM
hello, im Brenda, 26, 5'7" weight *** LOL in the past year i have dropped 60 lbs. still want to lose another 50, i conteplated the "surgery" last year and finally married my 6 yr sweetheart. He had better insurance at the time, well 5 days after we got back from Reno, NV he got fired, i found out i had cervical cancer, and everything went downhill from there, anyhow, getting off topic, lol, i think stress was what originally "helped" me lose the weight. I didn't do any special program just started eating alot less and i fidget all the time, i am constantly moving around, lol. im glad i didn't do the surgery and hope i can drop these 50 in the next year. GOOD LUCK to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolly<3
01-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Smartie, what's going on with the cancer now? I hope it is all gone and you are better. (((((Smartie)))))

Wow, DBackFan, you're tall! :D (like you didn't know :p I just think it's cool :))

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Unicornmom77

It's a date Wendy :D We will make perfect buddies because I am waiting for the kids to go back to school too...it's like gahh,they eat all the time!And I sure don't need the kids here laughing when I pull out the exercise video LOL I'll pm you :)

flute
01-03-2004, 05:35 AM
I am about 5'4" and i weigh 170 :( Just weighed in this morning, about 3 weeks ago I weighed 160 :( BEFORE when I did this, last year, I wanted to weigh like 140. I do not think that weight is an option. I was eating next to nothing to get down to 140, and I just couldn't eat less.

I think my goal weight should be like 150 or 145. That is MUCH more reasonable. For me.

And as far as the "no fail environment" dr. phil is alway talking about, I am going to create it. Mike's going to have to take his chips & lil debbie, etc with him to work, leave it at work, or in his car. That way I can't get to it (like we did with isabel's halloween candy) :eek:

chort1313
01-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Morning everyone. My abs hurt like HIZELL!!!!!!!! Flute, it's so hard for me not to totally gorge myself on sweets. I don't understand. This is really the first time in my life I haVE craved chocolate. I'm like you, everything must go.... IN MY MOUTH!! NOOO, jk................OUT THE DOOR!!! :D

BrightEyes
01-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Is there someone talented enough to make a page where we can all post our now pics and follow up with some pics of our progress once in awhile? I am internet illiterate or I would volunteer. Maybe like the one Sinned did for members pics, but it could be all BBS weight loss?

chort1313
01-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Well I think the one that sinned did was just that people were posting in a thread.. and that's what we'd be doing here.. but someone could do a seperate webpage or something.. good idea!

Ladytiger
01-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Wow! Hello everyone!
Dback, I can SO relate to everything that you were saying. I am 5'10 1/2, believe me, *I* would know that I put on the weight, but others didn't notice (it always goes to the hips-and now since my surgery, my belly!).
Same thing goes though, when I lose just a little, then people notice the loss-odd.
I watched my Mom yo-yo diet her life and swore that I wouldn't do that. I know I will never look like the pic that janelle posted, but I can lose what I can, and keep it firm. I am going to be the big 4-0 this summer, I don't want to feel like it.

I think that should be our motto Getting Our Lives Back!
Whaddya all think??

The one thing that I have found is that everything is all-emcompassing. If we don't feel good about ourselves on the inside, then it's hard to take care of ourselves on the outside. I am going to be posting the inspirational stuff, not just on dieting, but all the other things that we need to lose the weight, and gain the control back!

Ladytiger
01-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Wow! Hello everyone!
Dback, I can SO relate to everything that you were saying. I am 5'10 1/2, believe me, *I* would know that I put on the weight, but others didn't notice (it always goes to the hips-and now since my surgery, my belly!).
Same thing goes though, when I lose just a little, then people notice the loss-odd.
I watched my Mom yo-yo diet her life and swore that I wouldn't do that. I know I will never look like the pic that janelle posted, but I can lose what I can, and keep it firm. I am going to be the big 4-0 this summer, I don't want to feel like it.

I think that should be our motto 2004-The Year for Getting Our Lives Back
Whaddya all think??

The one thing that I have found is that everything is all-emcompassing. If we don't feel good about ourselves on the inside, then it's hard to take care of ourselves on the outside. I am going to be posting the inspirational stuff, not just on dieting, but all the other things that we need to lose the weight, and gain the control back!

BigLyd1
01-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Flute, you are almost exactly like me. I'm also 5'4" and weigh 170. I was 150 a year ago. And 145 to 150, although it sounds high for my height, is my goal weight and one that I'm comfortable at.

Ladytiger
01-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Pamper yourself to look and feel better
*Sure MM, you can do this too*

Your skin glows, your hair bounces, and your energy shows in every move. People notice you, they want to be with you. And you feel great. Just a little bit of pampering can make all the difference. No stresses, no interruptions, no distractions – pampering gives you a mini-vacation, and you don’t even have to leave home. So unplug the phone, close the curtains, light a few candles, put on soft music, and take a little time to take care of you, and nobody else.

Perk up your skin with your favorite scrub.
Treat your feet to a warm soak and pedicure. Release the built-up tension from days spent in snug shoes and boots.
Give yourself a mini-facial to add sparkle to your face.
Use a deep conditioner on your hair.
Wrap yourself in a soft bathrobe and enjoy a good book.

smartie23
01-03-2004, 01:55 PM
*Amanda* thanks for asking~~
I had my 4 month post surgery pap and everything came out good :) i dont have to get another one for 6 months, wich is only a couple months away from now. I'm not too worried. I have had 2 cone biopsy and know (hope) in my heart they got it all.

smartie23
01-03-2004, 01:56 PM
OOPS!! forgot i lost another 2 lbs. this week :) :) :)

chort1313
01-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I just did all my measurements.. not sure if I did them right.. anyone know of a website that tells where to measure yourself? And I just cleaned out my closet and got rid of the clothes that don't fit. :( Some of my favorites.:( :(

chort1313
01-03-2004, 03:57 PM
LOL@Raven.. You know, I kept going, "No, I'm keeping it.." BF was like "Get rid of it!!" :( They're bagged and ready to go.. :(

chort1313
01-03-2004, 05:19 PM
lol.. hasn't noticed anything!!! too funny!!!
I just got finished with my 20 min Pilates. UGHHH my abbies hurt. :( No pain No gain.

Blackberry
01-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi. I'm Stephanie. I am 5'1" and 305 lbs. I never used to weigh this much. I am 33 now. It is just in the last 3 years that I have gained well over 100 lbs. I feel like a freak trapped in my huge body. :(

My ideal weight has always been around 120, for my height that was good, I like being just a little curvy.

I don't have a clear plan in mind. I do still have my weight watchers stuff from a few years ago when I tried it. I could give that another go but I can't afford to go to the meetings right now.

I noticed several people mention Curves gym. Can anyone tell me how much it costs to join? How much the dues are?

I don't mind saying I'm Bi-Polar and have anxiety problems too. But I've had these problems for 21 years and I've only been fat for 3-4 years so I can't blame it all on that. If I can cut out all candy and keep my popcorn eating down to 2 bags a day of smartpop popcorn a day, that will really help. Also I have an aerobic's tape that I can start using again.

My 1st goal would seem a simple one. Next summer when I go down to the coast for vacation, I want to be able to walk all the way down to the water. This past summer I was able to walk the 2-3 blocks to the sand but didn't make it far at all on the sand. So my son and I sat down and played in the sand. I want to be able to walk all the way to the water! I dont' care what I weigh as long as I am physically able to do this.

My second goal will be to lose 100 lbs by next Christmas. If I can do that my husband has promised me a vacation to Disneyland (I've never been). Right now I am sure I'd never fit on any of the rides. But I'm sure I could 100 lbs lighter.

My final goal is to get down to a size 10 or 8. About 120 lbs. That is what I weighted when I looked my best. It is what I weighed when I got married 15 years ago.

A tip for those who hate drinking water.......Crystal Light. It tastes so good and has almost no calories. It gets expensive if it is all that you drink, but when I was on weight watchers I drank one pitcher of Crystal Light a day and the rest was water. It was a real treat for me.

Unicornmom77
01-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey all I did good today when we ate dinner I didnt get seconds, I am starving now, no healthy snacks in the house so I am going to the store in the am to get some salad stuff, thats is my insentive to not eat something tonight before bed!!

janelle
01-03-2004, 10:45 PM
For those who have gained lots of weight in so little time I think you should see the doctor about your thyroid. That can be a big problem with weight, gaining and losing. Get a check up.

Acually I'm sure no one looks like that picture, even that model. Only after they touched up the picture. LOL

Dolly<3
01-04-2004, 02:00 AM
:( I didn't work out today b/c I wasn't home all day, then when I got home I passed out and slept all night. WAH!

Chort, I hope you've been drinking your water!! :p I drank my last soda today. The withdrawals are starting. :rolleyes:

I've been eating a lot of Subway b/c I haven't gotten groceries yet. :D I'll probably go this morning.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well! :D

(((((Blackberry))))) You can do it!

Chort, don't forget to stretch. :)

Shancopp
01-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi guys! Well, yesterday I finally got my 8
glasses of water in! It took me all day long, right up to
bedtime, but I did it! And the best news....I'm down 5 pounds
after 3 days of Atkins! WooHoo! I know it's probably
water loss (how??... when I've drank 5 gallons! lol!), but
any decrease in that scale is AOK with me!! lol! Good luck
everyone...we all sound pretty motivated...we can do this!!

edited to change wt loss to 5 lbs, not 4 :D :p

Ladytiger
01-04-2004, 08:11 AM
The Role of Fat in Your Diet

Fat plays an important role in everyone's diet and has received a lot of attention lately due to its association with heart disease and cancer. Dietary fat provides essential fatty acids that carry fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) throughout the body and semi-essential fatty acids that help to prevent growth deficiencies and build the membranes of cell walls.

Our bodies can manufacture many of the essential fatty acids we need from carbohydrates or protein. However, there are some that it cannot manufacture; they must be included in the food that we eat. All fats in foods are mixtures of three types of fatty acids: saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated. Saturated fats are easy to distinguish because they are usually solid at room temperature and come primarily from animal sources (butter, lard, and meat). High consumption of these fats have been associated with heart disease and is likely related to increased risk for colon and breast cancers. Mono- and polyunsaturated fats are usually liquid or soft at room temperature and are from vegetable sources (vegetable oils). These are healthier than saturated fats. Monounsaturated fats are found mainly in olive, peanut, and canola oils.

Many people wonder how much fat they should eat. To calculate the amount of fat you should eat each day, begin with your total daily calorie goal. Multiply this number by 30% to determine your calories from fat. Because each gram of fat contains 9 calories, divide your daily calories from fat by 9 to determine your daily grams of fat.

Calculating Fat Intake

Total daily caloric intake(calories) _____________________
Target % of total calories from fat X ______________30%
Daily calories from fat _____________________
Number of calories in 1 gram of fat divide by 9___________

Daily grams of fat==========================-equals_________________

BrightEyes
01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Not sure if anyone is interested , but I am a very visual person, I am more apt to stick with dieting if I am constantly reminded, if that makes sense.

Anyway I printed this chart out to post where I can see it so I am reminded to drink my water.Everytime you drink a glass you mark off the box, when all the days boxes are full, you have met your limit. It gives you a good frame of reference at the end of the week to let you know how you did to. If anyone is interested here is the link

http://www.chartjungle.com/8glassesofwaterchart.html

Unicornmom77
01-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Well I didnt make it to the store today was up all night with a baby! lol But I did eat 3 meals and had a snack and will have one around 8 pm, I know thats late but I am up late so its not too close to bed time for me. The evenings are when I am hungriest and it is my most active time also.

HEY DBD! HOW WAS YOUR DIETING DAY???

TTL!

~Wendy

Unicornmom77
01-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the link BrightEyes, I am working on finding a printer!! I go to the library if its SEVERLY important, but I havent been taking the kids out much cause of the flu.

BrightEyes
01-04-2004, 06:51 PM
your welcome unicornmom, maybe you can just make your own to help motivate you. Write it out and post in on your fridge to remind you everytime you go to get a drink that you need to drink water!

Mini
01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm not on a diet(don't need one, yet anyway) but I was wondering. I know your suppose to drink 8 glasses of water a day but what size do the glasses need to be? Or how much exactly does 8 glasses amount to? I know I don't drink enough but I do drink one of those big 1 liter bottles of water every other day(try to anyway) but the bottle fills me up so I usually just drink it all through the day.

jaybird
01-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Good evening!!! I have been really busy this weekend, but I'm going to go take my rulk, then shower and get caught up on this thread.

TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN. Write it down, write down your measurements (you don't have to share those) and measure the first of each month!

Looks as if you guys are all fired up for this. WOOHOO!

jaybird
01-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow. You guys are motivated. I'm proud of you. Now in March, when you're sick of dieting and the weight isn't coming off as fast as you think it should, start back at the beginning of this thread.

Mini...8 8 ounce glasses is the minimum. Not only does water fill you up, it flushes toxins from your body and hydrates your skin. It's very good for your complexion especially. And no, you don't need to lose weight you skinny mini! But you're not too young to have a good exercise (cardio if nothing else) program that you become used to doing as part of your lifestyle. So you don't HAVE to worry. When I was 18, I was 5'4", 108. I could eat anything and not gain an ounce. I never exercised. My highest weight was 148 some years ago. Bouncing back and forth, lose 20, gain 20, lose 25, gain 20, lose 15, gain 20. And each time I did that, on whatever fad diet I was on, I was losing muscle along with fat. Each time I got flabbier and flabbier. Because I never made exercise and healthy eating a priority in my life when I was young. My fighting weight is 118 now. I'll be 118 before the road trip in June. But my 6-8 pounds are going to be tough to get off and keep off.

NOW I'm going for my rulk. (run/walk)

Mini
01-04-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm the same way as you were. I can eat anything I want and not gain anything. But I haven't excersised in a long time(I know, bad me!) but now that I have a puppy I've been running with him(he doesn't run very long but atleast it's something) and I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing sit-ups and crunches. Last night I did 30 each, I can only do about 5 push ups:D So i'm trying to get more of those done too.

Blackberry
01-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
Blackberry...I am 5'2" and weigh over 200. My goal weight is 150-160. I want to lose the weight for my daughter's wedding May 1. We should be partners!

I'd love to be partners. PM me and we can start right away.

Shancopp
01-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Hubby and I went to some friends tonight to watch the Colt's game (yeah Colts!) and boy did they have a carb lover's spread for munchies! yikes! They didn't know I was locarbing. There were twice baked potatoes covered with cheese, nachos w/ meat and all the goodies (btw...I looked and plain ole nacho chips have 17 carbs in 7 chips! ), Krispy Kreme donuts, a huge chocolate cake with 3 inches of icing , sloppy joes, cheese dip...the works! I had 2 cheese cubes, some deli roast beef with a little shredded cheese melted on it and topped with a tbsp of salsa. I'm on induction, so I hope it was allowed. I'm proud of getting past my first "hurdle" lol!

Shancopp
01-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Hubby and I went to some friends tonight to watch the Colt's game (yeah Colts!) and boy did they have a carb lover's spread for munchies! yikes! They didn't know I was locarbing. There were twice baked potatoes covered with cheese, nachos w/ meat and all the goodies (btw...I looked and plain ole nacho chips have 17 carbs in 7 chips! ), Krispy Kreme donuts, a huge chocolate cake with 3 inches of icing , sloppy joes, cheese dip...the works! I had 2 cheese cubes, some deli roast beef with a little shredded cheese melted on it and topped with a tbsp of salsa. I'm on induction, so I hope it was allowed. I'm proud of getting past my first "hurdle" lol!

Dolly<3
01-05-2004, 01:10 AM
My sleep schedule is all weird. :( I keep falling asleep in the afternoon and waking up at 1am! UGH! It really keeps me from being balanced. I ran out of water today and had to drink tea (my roommate's tea which is FULL of sugar!). :mad: Then I fell asleep and I'm just now going to go get groceries. Ugh!

Shancopp, I think you did great!! I was on induction for over a month b/c I thought it'd be quicker. It was, but it SUCKED SO MUCH and I felt like crap.

chort1313
01-05-2004, 06:06 AM
:( I didn't work out today b/c I wasn't home all day, then when I got home I passed out and slept all night. WAH!

Chort, I hope you've been drinking your water!! :p I drank my last soda today. The withdrawals are starting. :rolleyes:

I've been eating a lot of Subway b/c I haven't gotten groceries yet. :D I'll probably go this morning.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well! :D

(((((Blackberry))))) You can do it!

Chort, don't forget to stretch. :)

I drank SOME water yesterday... And a whole lot of soda at the movies!!!!!

Thanks for the stretch reminder. I didn't workout yesterday either.. took the day off. but I'm back today!

Now, get busy on that ten min!!!!! :)

chort1313
01-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Furgy.. living room looks nice. . and what a CUTE doggy!!! :)You guys can keep that snow up there.. I'm freezing with the cold weather down here!

jaybird
01-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Good morning!

126 here this morning. And that is the end of the holiday damage for the last 2 weeks. So far today, coffee (and I even used fat free creamer & some sort of sugar substitute stuff I have here...pink envelope) Lots of water. Just opened a can of green beans for lunch. Not sure about supper yet. I'm still tossing out leftovers.

flute
01-05-2004, 12:04 PM
water is hard for me to drink, it's either tap water, which is radioactive, or store bought water, which is expensive. OR, when I remember to, go to mom & dad's & drink their water (which hasn't came out as radioactive yet, but I wouldnt' be surprized if it was, cus it has stuff in it :eek:.

anyways, weighed in at about 168 today :) yea :)

Shancopp
01-05-2004, 12:37 PM
flute...what about a faucet mounted filter..that's what we have and does make a difference.

Ladytiger
01-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey! Hey!
It's snowing here, and snowing and snowing.
Hey Shannon, how about the Colts!?!

Did great today-have the tests tomorrow; glucose tolerance, 3hours UGH!

Where's MM?

Where's Lydia?

Where's DbackFan??

Where did everyone go?

Drank 2 quarts of green tea today-working on drinking more. I am so proud, I walked away from a slice of cherry (my FAV) pie today. My mom just found out that she is Type II Diabetic. I was diabetic with DD then thank goodness, it went away. BUT that makes me high risk, now with my mom having it, I have to really watch.
Went to the Y once, then got a phone call saying that the girl did it wrong, now they want us to pay over $100 for 6 months-that's like gold to me right now...sooo, don't know where that stands. I am emailing the director.

Everybody still hanging in??

chort1313
01-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Flute, I wish you lived closer.. I have a Brita water filter pitcher you could have.. I don't use it any more since my frig has a filter in it.. I'm spoiled by it!!!

Ladytiger
01-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Fishy-I finally started to do the training for WAHA-passed the frist two tests:D

Flute, what we did was buy the cooler water dispenser, then we buy water water at .59 a gallon. BUT I think I am going to try the Brita. It's just too expensive for me right now, all at once. We have the hardest water I have ever seen-bleah!

Dolly<3
01-06-2004, 04:30 AM
I SUCK! :p I didn't work out yesterday. I fell asleep and didn't get up until 3am. Hopefully I won't be tired today. I'm gonna do some yoga this morning and then my cardio this afternoon. I am thinking about working in some pilates also. I have a Total Gym and I've heard it was good for pilates. I don't know how to do pilates on it tho.

They didn't have my regular Dasani at the store (or hardly anything else) so I got this water from Nestle (was hoping it'd be chocolate flavored :D) called Pure Life and it's not bad. (it's not chocolate flavored :()

How are you doing CHORT? Did you work out? How's the water?

Dolly<3
01-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Oh, and I ate @#$%! poptarts again yesterday. They're gone now tho, and I won't allow anymore in my house. I don't even like poptarts!!

chort1313
01-06-2004, 05:23 AM
The water was good yesterday. I'm sorry to say, but I'm freaking SICK again.. I've been sick on and off for three months.. Yes, been to the doc 3xs... I have another sinus cold that hopefully won't turn into an infection again. I skipped working out yesterday and went to bed at 8:30.. Slept like chit, on and off until 5am (wakeup time) this morning. :(

I'm not eating any more poptarts either.. YUCK!

Dolly<3
01-06-2004, 05:45 AM
(((((CHORT))))) Oh no! That's awful. :( I hope you start feeling better. Get lots of rest! I hate sleeping off & on like that. It makes me feel icky just thinking about it.

chort1313
01-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Thanks, I almost stayed home from work today.. but came in. Hopefully I won't be that busy. I'm going to hit the hay as soon as I go home today.. So probably won't be working out. I'm also calling my mommy to see if she'll make me some homemade chicken noodle. I hate being under the weater!!

OH and I hate THIS weater. 6 degrees right now in STL. BRRRRRRR

Dolly<3
01-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Does orange juice count as water? I drink it with crushed ice and get ice w/each sip so it's kinda like a slushy... but not so slushy. Ice is water!

Awww I hope you get your soup, rest, and warmth Chort!

Ladytiger
01-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm BAD:(
The pie got me this morning. One small piece but now I feel bad. Didn't sleep good last night-kept waking up feeling like someone had choked me-called doc and she said that it's time that I got a thyroid ultrasound; so the tests have all been moved to Thursday.

It's 10 degrees here, but the sun is out. I am just dragging today though.
The good news is that all this weirdness-being tired, gaining weight, etc is all throid related meaning that when they get it regulated again, the weight will just drop off like before.

Do we need a roll-call, to see who is still in?

Happy Tuesday!

Ladytiger
01-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey Chort! Hope you feel better! If you lived closer I would make you my chicken soup (that does sound yummy!) too.

This will have to do for now {{{{}}}}}

flute
01-06-2004, 09:50 AM
so far today I've had 2 eggs, scrambled, with salt & pepper, and 8oz of milk w/of course metamucil :eek: :) and worked out 10 minutes, I'm taping the good morning america w/katie couric work out, pretty good, I'm feelin it :)

flute
01-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
Flute, we bought an under the sink water filter, which only filters the cold water. At Walmart, it was $39.97. The filters have to be replaced about every three months... and the filter cartridges are $13. So for a one time outlay of $40.. and a yearly expense of $52 we don't have to buy bottled water. Something to think about :D The one we bought does an excellent job of filtering the water. :)

FBH, radioactiivity can't be filtered out, we paid thousands for our filter, I did call the health dept. so that's where my info comes from.

BigLyd1
01-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Hmm, is Metamucil something that is recommended for weight loss? I mean I don't have "that" problem. But my mom was suggesting it... never suggests anything but when I told her my weight... :eek:

flute
01-06-2004, 09:55 AM
i'm under orders by a doctor to take a laxative as long as I'm breathing.

jaybird
01-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Lyd, I would never suggest or recommend a dietary 'fiber' as a means of weight loss. I've heard your body can become dependent on it. And if you're not having any problems in that area, there's no need to use it. If you need more fiber in your system, do it by adding foods high in fiber. Same as diuretics, laxatives, ephedra etc. Just not good for your body if you have no need for it. Fiber is 'filling.' Perhaps that's why your mom suggested it. Seriously, fill up on water, fresh (raw) fruits and veggies and things like that instead.

jaybird
01-06-2004, 10:03 AM
http://www.ivillagehealth.com/news/obesity/content/0,,412663_611704,00.html

http://www.ivillage.com/diet/features/dietsaz/

There is a vast amount of nutritional and diet information at ivillage.com I won't post entire articles, but here's a couple links to start with.

flute
01-06-2004, 10:03 AM
FBH I so wish.

jaybird
01-06-2004, 10:07 AM
http://www.mydjconnection.com/articles/2003/10/14/community/news2.txt

flute
01-06-2004, 10:10 AM
dat der be the article, janel & it's not bull hockey, either, I called jeff. city about it :eek:
and DPD is on my street too. (up on north side of the street, but still my street)

chort1313
01-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Thank, LT.. I just got done with my nap at work,. slept better here than i did all of last night.. And they're trying to get me to go home, but I feel a little better. Thanks for the ((()))!

Shancopp
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm here! Eating brunch ..... Ham, 2 eggs scrambled w/ half and half and some cheese cubes. I'm down 6 lbs this am! I'm on day 6 of Atkins. Good afternoon everyone!

flute
01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
lunch was some beef stew, 2 pieces of bread to soak it in, then isabel fed me some party mix :eek: and I had a lil fat free yogurt.

jaybird
01-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Yogurt and a banana today, chicken, broccoli & a salad for dinner, I'm skipping the dressing. Don't worry, my mom called, she made homemade creampuffs. :eek: ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Ladytiger
01-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I didn't do that great today. After the pie, I decided not to eat at all. BAAAAAaaaad mistake. I got all shaky and weirded out by afternoon, then slept all day.
I know my thyroid is giving me grief-all the tests will be done on Thursday including an ultrasound of it.
Well, tomorrow is another day.

Hey Lydia! Are you doing ok or what? I sent you an ecard and it bounced like a rubber ball. I can't motivate you if I can't S@@ you LOL

Hey JB-tell me those cream puffs were nasty right??

BigLyd1
01-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
Hey Lydia! Are you doing ok or what? I sent you an ecard and it bounced like a rubber ball. I can't motivate you if I can't S@@ you LOL

Hey, Patti. I better check on that ecard. Sorry but I'm a tough one to motivate. I have kept track and am averaging 500 calories a day from just candy and gum. I'm a sugaraholic.

Oh and Patti, if you ever find Easy Street, can you tell me where it's at?

chort1313
01-06-2004, 04:24 PM
omg i LOVE creampuffs!!!! I'm going to make Napolean soon. I didn't make my soup for dinner and couldn't wait for my mom..so I had a can of Healthy Choice chicky noodle. I'm going out to get some cold meds. NO working out for me tonight either. :( I'm going to bed when I get home.

IselaRose
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Okay I'm in. My weight has gone up soooo much. I am 5'0" and I weigh about 160 or so. Don't have a scale, part of me doesn't want one. I want to loose about 35 pounds or so. I want a buddy so if anyone is willing.... I try really hard on the water but don't like it thast much. Its 4pm for me and have only had about 12 ounces. Printed out the chart though. I have the pilates thing, not enough money for a gym, and am interested in Akins but need someone to tell the the lagistics.....
I'm getting married (again) to the same man but by the church sometime in June...Need to look good :) I know everything is very fast but not a lot of time right now...

jaybird
01-06-2004, 05:31 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I despise drinking water. But I drink it all day long, every day. Chug that glassful and fill it back up.

WHAT PIE LT???

I didn't EAT the creampuffs. I went and picked them up from my mother and there are 2 in the frig right now. And if Stubby doesn't eat one or both of them, I'm tossing it. And I'd rather have one of my mom's creampuffs than just about ANYTHING on earth.

Sweets kill me too Lyd. Sweets and other carbs.

Dolly<3
01-07-2004, 03:43 AM
Hope you're feeling better today Chort ;)

I had lean Cuisine dinners yesterday, and some pretzels. I drank a lot of OJ but not MUCH water. I'm going to put out 8 bottles and make myself drink them. That way I will KNOW how much I have drank and I won't just go get one when I feel thirsty, b/c I never feel thirsty when I only have water to drink. :p

I'm glad everyone's doing so well!! Carbs are my Achilles heal too. I've always craved potato chips more than I craved candy or sweets. Once in a while I'll want something sweet though. I get addicted to chocolate really easy. Like if I go months w/o eating it, I don't want it but once I get some, I want it everyday, all day.

Bad chocolate! :mad:

chort1313
01-07-2004, 06:52 AM
furgy.. that sounds really cool! Yup, I know you'll take some finished pics when you're done!!

Amanda, I feel 90% better today!! I had a can of chicky noodle soup last night and a soda!!! Then I went to bed around 11 and I feel 90% better today!!!!!! So I'm going to work out tonight.

Oh, you know what i saw last night at Walgreens.. They had these jugs you could buy to put water in and it's the recommended 8 glasses you drink a day all in that jug.. I guess so you don't have to refill or anything! I don't need it.. they were 3.99 but thought I'd let you know!

Ladytiger
01-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Good morning all~ I thought I'd pop in here before doing my training.

JB-the pie...I was SO good ignoring it for two days, then it got me yesterday. I *swear-it was just screaming my name so loudly that it was bothering everyone, ummm, even the cats! So I MADE myself eat just one piece, then it shut up and left me alone.:D

Today is another day. Just had a bowl of SpecialK with berries, and banana, and coffee (decaf).
As mnetioned, they are thinking that my thyroid meds need adjusted again, and they are sure that is where the weight came from. Pretty much a bummer when I am watching what I eat and still gain!
I am thinking about Atkins.

Good for you on the Cream Puffs-took willpower to do that JB!

Chort-I am glad that you are feeling better! It's a whopping 18 degrees here. Brrrrrr

jaybird
01-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Target has some Eddie Bauer ones on sale 2/$8 too. They're real popular now with the college/school crowd and 'atheletes,' because you can clip the bottle right to your backpack or belt or whatever.

I suggest drinking the water right out of a gallon jug. Then you know for sure you got your gallon's worth in for the day. :D

Today, coffee, water and I'm working on a yogurt. Cramps from h*ll and my stomach does not feel like food.

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 12:59 PM
>> boo <<

flute
01-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Today so far I have ate/drank: 8oz of milk w/ 1TB metamucil. the rest of the parm. chicken (well I actually didn't eat it all, some of it went to sammy) and with the bow tie pasta, mushrooms of course ;). and I've drank the only water in the house, was about 20 oz of water. I had a 1/4 of a spoon of oatmeal. I am pretty sure that's it today, and I did my 15 min work out, 5 min of cardio, 5 min of upper body & 5 min of lower body. :)

man buddy am I ever hungry but I've been too busy to even think about food, between pasting the elmo wall border up in isabel's room, going to wal*mart to buy the heater & then turning the heater on (awww yea ;)) and putting it under the house to thaw the pipes...lol. what a day :eek: ;) hope this posts this time..

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 02:16 PM
:( :( okay - nobody is in a mood to play... :( :(

two pots of coffee and two small bowls ( about a cup each ) of potatoe & corn chowder is all I have had so far today. Making baked chicken with rice and gravy for supper -- veggie not decieded - and a green salad. Becky and I went "walking" at Walmarts for our exercise. M&M will be off school soon ... I may chase them around the yard too ;)

flute
01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
pots of coffee? POTS isn't that a lil excessive? :eek: ;)

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by flute

Not for me . I am actuallt cutting back - I am drinking two six cup pots instead of three. I am also cutting the coffe with milc ( 2% ) also. This is real Cajun coffee - the kind where the spoon stays staning in the cup when you are done stirring... eats a hole thru the tableclothe if you don't get the spill wiped up quick. :D
I done gave up drinking booze and smoking cigerettes - don't run the streets no more, don't gamble, don't party, don't fight, working on the "colorful language" ;). Coffee is the one vice I get to keep. :)

jaybird
01-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Two pots of coffee isn't excessive at all. I have 2 10 cup pots finished by 9:30 in the morning. But I'm up at 5:30 as well. And I make a pot almost always late afternoon or early evening.

I haven't had the nerve to try the coffee you sent me yet Jolie. ;) And ummm, excuse me, but I was with you in New Orleans, and we ran the streets, partied AND gambled. I smoked and drank too. :D

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
ssssssshhhhhhhhhh

...... I meant ..... since then ;)

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s20/smilies-4955.png

I love telling people I wonn four fifty at Harrahs' tho :)

flute
01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Feb. 14th & 15th huh?

well, froggy I think we should be home then. :) IT's jan 17-18 mike wants to go down to paducah :) This weekend of course we'll be gone saturday (sesame street live u know ;))

Ladytiger
01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Gaaaaaaaa-the battle (of the pie!) continues. I guess because I am cooped up, I want to eat (nervous eating!).
I threw away 4 boxes of magazines-*poof* gone, just like that. What the Hades was I hanging onto them for anyway??
I kept the Oprah's, a few Woman's Day, and a few others. Now my bedroom looks passable. I am getting the "re-arranging-furniture" bug, that and I want to put up some borders, or stencil on the walls. BUT management won't let me.

Ok, I think shrimp and a salad for dinner.

YO Lydia!! HOw are you doing??

Where did the big bunch that we had, go to now?

flute
01-07-2004, 02:59 PM
hmmm..friend lives on 2nd street...2nd in park hills...yea that's right off the main drag *L no wonder he would know where my street is, I know how to get to 2nd street in park hills. small area, we all know everything *L

flute
01-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I do wonder who your friend is tho, I wonder if i know him/her...=l

flute
01-07-2004, 03:10 PM
uhmm, nope but that's ok *L* I thought it might be the freak *LOL* sorry no offense meant but he's weird and married, and according to his wife's friend not changed since I knew him.
Jeremy. *shudders* weirdo ;)

Dolly<3
01-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Teehee! He's cute! :p

Dolly<3
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
LOL Not unless he plans on moving to Texas! (IS HE??)
Thanks tho! :D

chort1313
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
2 pots?!?! Excessive!!! Oh yeah, that's because I don't like it!! lol!!! It does BAD BAD things to me.. but I'm down with my tea.. but I have one cup a day.. some times 2 if I'm super tired! :)

chort1313
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
OH Furgy.. NOt sure if that's my weekend to work or not. I'll know by next week. That would be awesome to finally meet you!

Dolly<3
01-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I've been craving coffee like mad for the last couple of days. Well, cappuccino really. I have no idea why! Mmm...

Did you work out today Chort?

chort1313
01-07-2004, 03:49 PM
I will definitley let you know!!!!

Amanda, will work out soon.. Very soon!!! Did you work out?

jaybird
01-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Had to read practically 2 pages before I found anything diet-related.

LT, just pitch the pie. Issue over.

Baked salmon and salad for dinner. And I just finished 30 torturous minutes on the dreadmill a bit ago.

BigLyd1
01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Only had 300 calories worth of candy and gum yesterday. It's one of those rare days when I don't have my full appetite... must be stress or nerves.

chort1313
01-07-2004, 05:41 PM
20 minutes of PIlates for me. My toosh and abs hurt!!! Owch!!! Now it's your turn, Amanda! :p

jaybird
01-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Good job Lyd. That's almost half what you normally have!!! I am craving something sweet right now. I think I'll have a banana, seems to do the trick. Besides, I tossed all the holiday candy and froze the leftover cookies. ;)

Ladytiger
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Yogurt or grapes-that is what I have when I crave sweet.

That mean ol pie is history:D NOT by me either-I swear!
Ok, well, tonight is the last night that I will have this color hair for awhile.
Hold on so that you don't fall out of your chair-I am going honey blonde tomorrow. Time to lighten up things. I am Italian and have dark hair and fair skin-I think I will look better with lighter hair (and it will cover the silver that is coming in-thanks DD!) I know this isn't diet realated but it's all encompassing for me, starting with the hair.

I get those tests done tommorwo, going to weight myself while there. Once I get the thyroid issues right, then I can diet the right way. I am thinking about Atkins, but I don't have alot of money to buy special food just yet. Whaddaya think?? Anyone?

Ladytiger
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Yo Pimpmeister!
Where is he?

flute
01-07-2004, 09:35 PM
I can't sleep, you watch I'll get called in to sub tomorrow. It always seems to happen that way for me :rolleyes: I so wanna tape katie couric tomorrow! :D

BigLyd1
01-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Who is Pimpmeister?

Anyhow, LT, I haven't done Atkins but if you're concerned about spending money on food, eggs don't cost much (except in CA) and wouldn't that qualify? Of course, you don't want eggs all the time.

Honey blonde sounds so pretty. I just had streaks put in my dark hair that were like a honey blonde. But you can't even tell because it blends in so well.

flute
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
i would guess froggy is the pimpmeister, aka, uhhh whatever her new nick is lol or chort is the pimpmeister...

flute
01-07-2004, 09:46 PM
FurgY=the froggy I spoke of

Jolie Rouge
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM

NOW they say it is "good" for you ...

of course that is until they get "another" study ....

Study: Coffee May Lower Diabetes Risk
By JOANN LOVIGLIO

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1500&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040105%2F171759553.htm&sc=1500

{{assumimg everyone has read the article I will delete the text but leave the links -- JR }}

On the Net:

Annals of Internal Medicine: www.annals.org

American Diabetes Association: www.diabetes.org

01/05/04 17:17

jaybird
01-08-2004, 08:58 AM
I've always known coffee is good for me. I can't function without it, and trust me, you wouldn't want to be around me if I haven't had any.

Good morning. 124.5 here. Gee, where did everyone run off to in the last week? The excitement of starting a new year right wore off I suppose. I know the last diet thread, a lot of people felt it was just a click, a 'chatroom' for a group of people. That is why most chitchat needs to be kept within pm's people. A brief message or something is fine, but not 3 paragraphs of unrelated information. Keep that in pm's or emails please. I know it's hard, it's impossible at times, but like I said, small talk is fine, as long as it's not all that is in the thread.

Tomorrow's Friday, weigh in. We'll see who's still in then. ;)

Out to dinner tonight, a Mexican restaurant. Have to figure out what is going to do the least harm to my diet. NO chips and salsa, no cheese dip for sure.

gemini26
01-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Lt, Atkins is not expensive. Go over to the thread I started for Atkins. There is also a thread for low carb recipes. You eat meat, veggies, eggs, cheese, water, etc. You really, really need to get the book ($6 new at WalMart) or at least borrow it from your library. You need to read the book to find out how to do it and why you eat as you do and lots of helpful info. I think there was someone in my thread that had an extra one they were willing to sell. There are like 33 pages but its worth it to read the thread and buy the book.

jaybird
01-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Actually, you can find the Atkins diet guidelines and restricted foods and accepted foods right on line without buying any books. That's where my friend Karen got all her info. I'll try to get the link from her. It has the induction period and all the stuff you'll need. And you have to buy food anyway. It's probably cheaper to eat that way if you don't buy soda, sweets, etc!

jaybird
01-08-2004, 09:10 AM
http://www.everythingatkins.net/

http://atkins.com/howto/index.html

I know Karen printed the complete plan out from a website. I tried calling her, she's not home.

gemini26
01-08-2004, 09:16 AM
I just find the book eaiser to keep on hand, binded in a small area where I easily can make notes in it etc and don't have to worry about going online to find something out.

gemini26
01-08-2004, 09:18 AM
You changed your name!?!

gemini26
01-08-2004, 09:26 AM
When did ya do it?

jaybird
01-08-2004, 09:31 AM
HIYA FISHY! :D

jaybird
01-08-2004, 09:32 AM
44 pounds is phenomenal "TINA!" Outstanding.

jaybird
01-08-2004, 09:44 AM
You intend to lose enough that is just right for you. Doesn't matter how many you intend to lose, what matters is losing them. And you're so on your way!

Dolly<3
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone! Keep up the good work! *clap* GREAT WORK TINA! :D

Chooort!! Come work out with me. I'm SO unmotivated. :rolleyes:

I have to go out in the ick to get something to eat b/c if I eat another lean cuisine @#$%! I'm going to hurl!

flute
01-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge

And, on the other news station, ch 4., reported that it can give you cancer, so THERE :p (literally the same day LOL)

today's been o boy, nope not called in to sub, thank goodness, I had to tape katie couric :p

I've been up since about 6:43am and have had 1 large cup of coffee (I drink coffee on occasion) I have $2 or $3 so I'm going to go buy some water. Been cleaning the shed, and now I have to start with our bedroom (going to get that sore spot fixed yea)

*for sighness. I weighed about 167 or 166 today yea :)

I'm not even hungry yet, but I do need water, maybe after I do some more work in the bedroom I can go buy some...

flute
01-08-2004, 11:58 AM
ok i had lunch, about 3 bread & butter pickle slices and I know you're thinking "6 Cups of sugar in the recipe!?? don't think that, mom only used 1 cup of sugar & like 2 C of splenda, so it's not like grandma's o sooo too sweet bread & butter pickles.
I also had 1 cheese slice & 1 big spoon ful of my garlic mashed taters & bean bake. :) now i'm off to wally world to buy some water :)

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm still i but would like a buddy, no one answered my plea :'( I found I had a jug that has exactly 64 ounces, So I filed it and am working on it. So hard, the more I drink the more my head hurts...I worked out for 20 minutes last night:) Fast walking through the grocery store before it closed. Something is better then nothing

janelle
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Drinking Water May Speed Weight Loss
Metabolic Rate Increases Slightly With Water Consumption

By Salynn Boyles

Reviewed By Brunilda Nazario, MD
on Monday, January 05, 2004
WebMD Medical News

Jan. 5, 2004 -- Whether your weight-loss strategy espouses carbs with no fat or protein with few carbs, there is one thing your plan most certainly recommends -- water. From the veggie-based Ornish diet to steak-loving Atkins (and virtually all diets in between) "drink lots of water" is part of the mantra.

Now comes scientific evidence that H2O really does help you lose weight. Researchers in Germany report that water consumption increases the rate at which people burn calories. The impact is modest and the findings are preliminary, but the researchers say their study could have important implications for weight-control programs.

Eight Glasses a Day

Despite the fact that most diets call for drinking at least eight, 8-ounce glasses of water a day, few studies have been done to determine if the practice actually speeds weight loss. In an effort to answer this question, Michael Boschmann, MD, and colleagues from Berlin's Franz-Volhard Clinical Research Center tracked energy expenditures among seven men and seven women who were healthy and not overweight.

After drinking approximately 17 ounces of water, the subjects' metabolic rates -- or the rate at which calories are burned -- increased by 30% for both men and women. The increases occurred within 10 minutes of water consumption and reached a maximum after about 30 to 40 minutes.

The study also showed that the increase in metabolic rate differed in men and women. In men, burning more fat fueled the increase in metabolism, whereas in women, an increased breakdown of carbohydrates caused the increase in metabolism seen.

The researchers estimate that over the course of a year, a person who increases his water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,400 calories, for a weight loss of approximately five pounds. They note that up to 40% of the increase in calorie burning is caused by the body's attempt to heat the ingested water. The findings are reported in the December issue of The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

"Very, Very Small Effect"

The researchers write that up to 70% of the increase in metabolism, "cannot be attributed to the heating of the ingested water," but exercise physiologist Daniel Moser, PhD, tells WebMD that it is unclear from this small study if this is the case.

"Larger studies are clearly needed to confirm this extremely modest weight-loss effect," he tells WebMD.

Nutritionist and American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Leslie Bonci, MPH-RD, says even if the findings are confirmed the clinical implications are slight.

"Obviously people are looking for ways to increase metabolism, but this is an very, very, small effect," she tells WebMD. "We are talking about just a few calories a day."

Bonci says the standard weight-loss plan dictates encouraging people to drink more water stems from the belief that the liquid fills the gut to make people feel fuller.

"Some plans say that drinking water flushes fat out of your system, which is absolutely ridiculous," she says.

janelle
01-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Tina, hey why don't we go back to using our own names? Jaybird, you can have you name back, LOL Can I help it if I liked your name but with a different spelling?

Or to confuse everyone we could just all exchange names and go from there. New year you know. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D :confused: :confused:

flute
01-08-2004, 01:23 PM
ohhh janelle, please let's not, I hardly know anyone as it is! :eek:

Well the dog walked/ran me for a while. Mom's got lil bit so that gave me the time to mess with her :)
IselaRose: what do u want in a buddy? Maybe I can be your buddy? :)

Jolie Rouge
01-08-2004, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
And, on the other news station, ch 4., reported that it can give you cancer, so THERE :p (literally the same day LOL)

I also ppointed out it was a valid study ... until the next contictory study came out :D LO: But the same day ?? That is too funny.

Jaybird- I edited out the text of the article I posted in order to keep the thread manageable. I left the links in place if anyone wants to check back on it at a later date. :)

Two pots of coffee, one and a half biscuit and a cheese stick. Hvaen't done lunch yet. Supper is a beef & veggie soup with fresh baked rolls and a green salad.

Had Alex and Micheal this morning - so my "exercise" was refereeing and chasing a pair of two year olds. Changing all the sheets today - washing sheets. blankets ect.... :rolleyes: trying to get the rest of the decorations in the attic faster than Micheal and Alex can unpack tthe boxes. :P

flute
01-08-2004, 01:27 PM
heehee, aren't 2 year olds great?

Jolie Rouge
01-08-2004, 01:33 PM
want one -- or two ??

could make you a *great* deal on a six-year-old girl of the "Princess" variety -- or a "Dennis the Mennis" wannabe eight-year-old ..... ;)

flute
01-08-2004, 01:36 PM
uhh...I just wanna get pregnant & have another *LOL*

Jolie Rouge
01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
<------- :eek: {{runs away -- far away .....}}

flute
01-08-2004, 01:54 PM
u don't want my pregnant germs? I'm not pregnant now, just harassing mike daily about it lol

chort1313
01-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone! Keep up the good work! *clap* GREAT WORK TINA! :D

Chooort!! Come work out with me. I'm SO unmotivated. :rolleyes:

I have to go out in the ick to get something to eat b/c if I eat another lean cuisine @#$%! I'm going to hurl!

UMM did you work out yet? I'm waiting for bf to get home so he can help me with my bedroom Pilates. LOL! KIDDING!!!! I need him to help me with certain poses and moves.

I'm going to hurl if I have another Healthy Choice.. Two in two days!! YUCK!!! But I'm back to feeling better so I'm cooking now!

NOW GO WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

mightyman
01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
hi everyone - i know i havent posted much and im sorry for that

i havent done a great job of working out but i did take a walk last night and i also have not eaten anything for breakfast but wheat bran cereal

i also did something today that i think was an accomplishment - i had to go to the doctor today (i will spare you all the details) - i took my shirt off for the doctor and the nurse -- i havent done this in public in a very long time -- it felt quite powerful - neither one of them laughed or made fun of me... i dont know but i think its a big step for me

ok ill report in tomm

IselaRose
01-08-2004, 05:21 PM

IselaRose: what do u want in a buddy? Maybe I can be your buddy? :)
I want someone who will help me get motivated to work out. Who will check up on me and who needs me too :)

Ladytiger
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
*sashays in sporting a new do* (where's that catwalk anyway!?)

Well, food today wasn't even thought about. I did give more thought to the Atkins way. I do have to make sure that my thyroid is doing ok before I diet. The US was rescheduled to tomorrow, so I will get that and the bloodwork done then and weigh myself.

{{{Allen}}} I thought we all scared you off! Good to see you!

Tina-I thought that was you. Do we call you *Tinafish* now? Smoocheees! Are you still my contest pal?

And where the heck is Lyd??

jaybird
01-08-2004, 08:40 PM
ARRRRR! Ahoy pirates and wenches. :D

Just watched Pirates of the Caribbean. God I love Johnny Depp. ~THUD~

Went to Tequila's for Stubby's birthday dinner. Decided the least fattening thing on the menu was margaritas. Whoops. Jose and I don't get along very good. :D

Jolie Rouge
01-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by mightyman
hi everyone - i know i havent posted much and im sorry for that

i havent done a great job of working out but i did take a walk last night and i also have not eaten anything for breakfast but wheat bran cereal

i also did something today that i think was an accomplishment - i had to go to the doctor today (i will spare you all the details) - i took my shirt off for the doctor and the nurse -- i havent done this in public in a very long time -- it felt quite powerful - neither one of them laughed or made fun of me... i dont know but i think its a big step for me

ok ill report in tomm

Good for you ! That is a big step and I am very proud of you because it would have been so easy to slip into "easy" patterns of behavior.

:)

flute
01-09-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by jaybird
ARRRRR! Ahoy pirates and wenches. :D

Just watched Pirates of the Caribbean. God I love Johnny Depp. ~THUD~

<----agrees totally, great movie, hillarious, and he's HOT ;)

Dunno if I forgot to tell ya or not, But, I drank an entire gallon of water yesterday :) And, I have another gallon of water in the car. (not going to sub today, too sick, so ergo, I'm online :D)

Anyways, I weighed in at 166 this morning. That's a drop of 4 lbs from last friday :) YEA! :) Plus, went to bed (as well as woke up) with a hungry tummy.

flute
01-09-2004, 04:59 AM
oh & Isela, I wanted to tell ya, I thought that everyone in this thread was our buddies? But, do you want an email buddy/pm buddy?

Dolly<3
01-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Mmmm... margaritas!

IselaRose
01-09-2004, 09:18 AM
margaritas sounds yummy, and flute e-mail if it would be too much trouble

flute
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
breakfast was a piece of toast with 2 ts of peanut butter, and I ate 1/2 a biscuit (it's a whole wheat/garlic/cheese biscuit)

ok isela, what's your email addy?

jaybird
01-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Jose Cuervo will never have his way with me again. I feel like chit.

125 this morning, not awful since Aunt Flo's visiting. Haven't eaten yet today, not sure it's a good idea...

gemini26
01-09-2004, 10:37 AM
down only 1 pound this week but better than nothing with the trouble I have been having keeping op.

jaybird
01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
One pound here too gemmy. But at that rate, it's still 52 pounds in a year!

IselaRose
01-09-2004, 12:19 PM
breakfast was left on a sad little table when I ran out the door :( Currently working on drinking water!
RosyIFlores@hotmail.com

Ladytiger
01-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Here ya go Birdy!

Well it's Sunday Mornin'
And the sun in shinin'
In my eye that is open
And my head is spinnin'
Was the life of the party
I can't stop grinnin'
I had to much Tequila last night

CHORUS
Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime
Did I kiss all the cowboys?
Did I shoot out the lights?
Did I dance on the bar?
Did I start a fight?

Now wait a minute
Things don't look to familiar
Who is this cowboy
Who's sleepin' beside me?
He's awful cute, but how'd I
Get his shirt on?
I had to much Tequila last night

CHORUS
Did I dance on the bar?
Did I start a fight?

BREAK

BRIDGE
All those little shooters
How I love to drink 'em down
Come on bartender
Let's have another round [Modulates]
Well the music is playing
And my spirits are high
Tomorrow might be painful
But tonight we're gonna fly

CHORUS
Every time we get together
I sure have a good time
You're my friend
You're the best
Mi amigo
(Tequila)

CHORUS
Did I dance on the bar?
Did I start a fight?

1 tequila, 2 tequila, 2 tequila FLOOR!

The one that I can NEVER EVER drink again is Long Island Ice Tea-never, never never!!
Oh Man! Just thinking of the smell makes me GAG.

Ladytiger
01-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Did the bloodwork today, no scale there:(
As soon as I can, I am going to get a good scale. I have found that this is really tough with what DD is going through with her bulemia. I can't make a big deal out of any of the weight loss stuff, or she starts doing her thing...so, I am very seriously looking into Atkins.
Not much of an appetite today, so it's not a problem, plus I have been really busy gathering info for going back to school (YIPPPEE!!)
I thought stress was supposed to make you lose, not gain weight:rolleyes:

YAY DaPimpmeister is back with us! Keep going Allen, we can all do it!
I have Lydia as my buddy, but I feel that we are all in this together. Here is the idea that I had. We all exchange info, then just "pick" someone to send a card or whatever to, even an ecard-something that is ispirational, motivational etc. Whaddaya say?

BigLyd1
01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Sounds good, LT. If you get a scale, make sure your DD doesn't see it. Worked out at Curves. Will be exercising in the gym later. Otherwise, craving sweets and trying to distract myself.

IselaRose
01-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Sounds super lady tiger
and for all of you Atkins Folks (borrowed from other thread)

Free Download of Adkins Diet Recipes

Eating Low Carb Hormones Balance Free Download Atkins Diet Recipes Book Low Carbohydrate

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/locarb.htm
It's in adobe.

gemini26
01-09-2004, 01:42 PM
One pound here too gemmy. But at that rate, it's still 52 pounds in a year!

I know. I'll do better this week. I'm not giving up!!

Dolly<3
01-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Congrats Chelle!

Good luck Gemini!

When my belly is full of water I can hear it swish around when I wiggle. *That means I'm drinking lots of water!* How are you doing Chort?

chort1313
01-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Jose hates me and I hate him MORE!!!

I was busy all day working on the floor.. no drinks on the floor at work.. so gotta drink that water!!! But I'm doing good on working out. And you, Amanda??! :D I will work out around 8 or so tonight.. got to go out to eat! :)

Dolly<3
01-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Awful! I'm terrible! I worked out once. Okay, I'm going to work out tonight definitely!

gemini26
01-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks Amanda!

chort1313
01-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Awful! I'm terrible! I worked out once. Okay, I'm going to work out tonight definitely! YOU BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be thinking bout you when I'm grunting on the floor! :p

Ladytiger
01-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Mixed some ground cow with some minced onion, dried onion and worcestershire sauce, patted it down and threw it on the Foreman. Slapped it on a bun with some ketchup, spicy brown mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickle...

Thanks Furgola! I may never think of hamburger the same! LMAO

I guess Birdo didn't like the sing-a-long?

Dolly<3
01-09-2004, 05:38 PM
YOU BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be thinking bout you when I'm grunting on the floor! :p

Behave! :p

I worked out! I worked out! Woohoo! *faint*

Ladytiger
01-09-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm here. Well, I was here. By the time you read this, I will be somewhere else though Bwahahahaha.
I will be back though.
Hey Furgmama-clean out the closets and send your handoffs this way or I will have to haunt your closet again!! J/K;) I might get killed from all the shoes in there!

Ladytiger
01-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I know-we could have a handoff exchange LOL
Ted is SO lucky seeing those bands. Tantric kicks and there just is something about the lead singer. They started here, and we have follwed them, I might even have Hugo's email addy.

nosamiam
01-09-2004, 10:04 PM
:D sneeks in... looks around and waves to everyone... sneeks out :D

janelle
01-09-2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.ediets.com/myediets/resources/tools/tools.cfm?

flute
01-10-2004, 04:19 AM
all righty...I have half an hour *sigh* I think I'll have a piece of toast & I deff. have to buyh some water from somewhere cus I'mleaving & won't be back till noon :eek:

wish me luck on my test :D

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 05:08 AM
good luck!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*pass vibes~*~*~*~*~*~*

LunaChick
01-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone. I'm 5'7, about 155. Gained a lot of weight when my thyroid decided to quit on me :( I lost about 20 pounds recently. I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant which was 17 yrs ago. :/

I only eat once per day, been eating like that for 15 years. I have since cut my portion down and changed the things that I eat. I used to exercise like a maniac but some injuries set me back then I got lazy...sigh. That has all changed. I am getting back into my exercise routine and I will continue to keep my portions very small. I surely hope this kicks my metabolism back to the way it used to be. I think my medication dosage change has helped a lot also. I expect to be back at 120 lbs by summer. :)

chort1313
01-10-2004, 09:19 AM
I liked your song, LT. A sniff of that stuff is too much for me!!! :p

Mixed some ground cow LOL! At least it wasn't some ground mad cow!!!

OHHHH Amanda.. work out yet today? I skipped last night, I'm bad!!!!! But I'm going to do it today.. It'll warm me up!

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Bad! Bad! hehehe! :p You're doing WAY better than I am!

Not yet today... maybe around noon. I actually feel like working out now, but I'd rather surf the 'net. :rolleyes:

chort1313
01-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah,I seriously need to get off the couch.. but I did eat breakfast already.. a big bowl of cereal! :) gonna go pick up my meds, take em and then see how i feel!

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Are you still sick? ~*~*~*get well vibes*~*~*~
okay, I'm going to go work out b/c I have a feeling I won't want to later. It'll motivate me to get going today anyway. *sigh*

chort1313
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Yeah, do it now. Get it out of the way!! Yes, still sick. Wake up all stuffy and as the day goes on I'm usually unstopped. This turned into a sinus infection last time I didn't take care of getting meds sooner.. So I'm being cautious!!

jaybird
01-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Good morning. Went to the market today, bought Healthy Choice bread, some mesquite turkey, fat free cream cheese, soft tortillas, tomatoes, arugula, herb salad, yogurt, some other salad & lettuce stuffs, broccoli, cauliflower, ground turkey, tons of 'healthy' foods and 2 half gallons of Breyers ice cream. :D

Going to clean house, then take a rulk, it's FINALLY sunny outside and about 30 degrees. Then when the Rams game comes on, I'm heading out of here, for Left Bank Books and Coffee Cartel!

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Good morning. Went to the market today, bought Healthy Choice bread, some mesquite turkey, fat free cream cheese, soft tortillas, tomatoes, arugula, herb salad, yogurt, some other salad & lettuce stuffs, broccoli, cauliflower, ground turkey, tons of 'healthy' foods and 2 half gallons of Breyers ice cream. :D

LOL I was reading that thinking "man, how can someone be THAT good?" then I saw the ice cream. I'm glad you're human!

I need to start cooking. I'm so tired of these icky microwave meals.

chort1313
01-10-2004, 01:27 PM
you DO need to start cooking, Amanda. Think how much better that'd be for you than micro meals!!! :D No, haven't worked out yet...my meds are making me TIRED!

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Yea but they have everything in them! And cooking takes too long... and it dirties dishes! Ugh.
Awww, you have an excuse not to work out! It's okay!

janelle
01-10-2004, 01:58 PM
How do you eat an Arugula? First tell me what it is!!! LOL:eek:

Shancopp
01-10-2004, 02:00 PM
I WORKED OUT! Woohoo! Did 40 mins on the treadmill and 10 on the incumbent bike and 2 sets of 12 reps on the wt. machines. My housing area has an exercise room available to the residents out here. 3 treadmills/2 steppers/1 eliptical exerciser/2 weight centers/1 spinner bike and 1 incumbent bike. 7 yrs out here and never took advantage of it til now. Also, down 8 lbs after 9 days of Atkins! Yeah!

jaybird
01-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Sure I eat healthy. But dang, I'm NOT giving up my ice cream. Although I did buy the flavor with the lowest fat grams per serving I could find. Dreamsicle, orange sherbet and vanilla swirled together. Got Heath Bar for Stubby. Dieting doesn't mean forever giving up the things you like. It means eating right and exercising, so that when we have a serving (yes Janel, that means a small bowlful, NOT the entire half gallon) we can enjoy it, not feel 'guilty,' and then get back to work on our plan!

Amanda, there's so much 'crap' in those microwave meals. Sodium is usually out of sight, carbs are high, fats are high. Even if you buy the Lean Cuisine etc., you can make yourself something much healthier and more filling for the same amount of money.

Chorty, I sent you a tater thingy. My sil emailed it to me and I thought of you.

Okay, out of here, slight change in plans and I'm off to Borders in Fairview for awhile, KMart in Collinsville then to my son's to "watch" (aka sleep through) the Rams win.

jaybird
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM
By the way, GREAT WORK EVERYONE! And only 10 days into the new year!!!

Jolie Rouge
01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Ready to Roll ?

Running on a treadmill has many advantages, especially in winter. Here are the 12 biggest
by Welles Lobb

http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/?dept=exercise&article=et_rw_010504_wintertreadmill

From Manitoba to Maui and Seattle to St. Pete, more and more runners are training on treadmills. And why not? There's simply no other way to guarantee you get the workout you want in the conditions you want at the time you want. Convenience—it's a major factor in all our time-pressed lives.

So major that surveys indicate close to 40 million Americans run on treadmills. And according to the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association, treadmills have become the biggest-selling item in the home-fitness category—ahead of bicycles, rowing machines, stairclimbers and cross-country ski machines.

Recently we asked ourselves and a group of Runner's World readers why treadmill training has grown so popular. We got dozens of different responses, but the following 12 were mentioned most often by runners who have made the treadmill a regular and important part of their running programs.

1. Comfort and safety.

No extreme heat or cold. No rain, wind, snow or ice. No darkness. No traffic. No mean dogs, wild animals or weirdos. If you say treadmill training removes the spirit of adventure that outdoor running provides, well, yes, it can. However, in the name of safety and comfort, it often pays to heed the call of the great indoors. Even in Canada's remote Yukon Territory, where people have to be as hardy as the native northern vegetation to survive, Cheryl Klippert runs on a treadmill. "I'm afraid to venture too far on the roads because of bears, but I can still enjoy the view by setting up my treadmill outdoors," says Klippert. Suburbia presents other safety issues. "When snow piles up on the sides of streets after a snowfall, I don't think it's fair for drivers to have to share the road with a runner," says Greg Dunston of Rockville, Md. "I run inside on my treadmill." Fact: With safety being an especially big concern for women, it's not surprising that a survey conducted by research firm American Sports Data found that more than 70 percent of new home-treadmill buyers in the United States are female.

2. The best place to work on improved running form.

Combine the steady roll of the treadmill belt with the controlled indoor environment, and you've got the perfect setting to work on your running form. By observing her treadmill reflection in a mirror, Andrea Gardenhire of La Mesa, Calif., has corrected flaws in her foot placement, arm swing and breathing patterns. "The small adjustments I make on the treadmill help me later on the road," she says. Tip: If you've got access to a VCR, pop in a videotape from the Boston Marathon or New York City Marathon, and emulate the fluid running styles of the fast runners.

3. Guilt-free TV time.[/v]

Okay, so you can't match the Kenyans. You can still use the TV to improve your running. Pick whatever show you just can't bear to miss—from a sports event to Oprah to Ally McBeal—and let it transport you through a mindless training run. Remember: Every workout is a good workout, even if it doesn't move you any closer to the Olympics. Best of all, if you log 30 or 60 minutes of treadmill time, you don't have to feel guilty about turning on the tube.

[b]4. A smooth transition to running.

Exercising on a treadmill may be the easiest, most natural way to make the transition from walking to running. Why? Because as you walk faster and faster (and see the calorie-burning number increase on your display console), you begin to realize that you'll burn even more calories if you go faster. "I'd been a walker for years, and never intended to become a runner," says Kathy Boyce. Then the Elizabeth City, N.C., woman bought a treadmill and was up to 4 miles of running after three months on the treadmill. "Now I can hardly break a sweat when I walk. It's not the same as running."

5. A range of customized workouts.

Advanced treadmills come with built-in training programs that, with the push of a few buttons, operate on automatic pilot during a workout. Many "mills" also come with additional computer capacity to allow you to set up several customized workouts. "I think of my treadmill not as a machine, but as a personal coach," says Paul Stofko of Schereville, Ind. "By programming it, I force myself to run a certain speed, time and distance, even when I don't feel up to it." Tip: Have your treadmill dealer instruct you and then thoroughly read your owner's manual before you plunge into the fascinating but technical world of custom workouts.

6. Excellent heart-rate monitoring.

Built-in heart-rate functions are standard equipment on many high-quality home treadmills, and they can make your training more scientific and more effective. Particularly useful: a function by which the treadmill speeds up or slows down in response to your heart rate. "With the help of my pulse meter, I'm able to regulate my workouts precisely," notes Eric Tobias of Warminster, Pa.

7. Top-notch injury prevention.

Good treadmills provide a firm but forgiving ride. That is, they're easier on the legs than concrete and asphalt. Indeed, some makers of low-impact treadmills claim a shock reduction of 40 percent compared to running on roads. The treadmill belts themselves are more "giving" than road surfaces, and the treadmill's underpinnings work effectively to disperse shock waves, known as "ground reaction forces," that occur when your foot strikes a surface. "A low-impact treadmill can actually absorb some of the ground reaction forces that would otherwise be directed back into the body," says Seattle-based exercise physiologist Marnie Snyder.

8. Simplified marathon training.

We know a world-class marathoner who has logged 30 miles in a single treadmill run and a beginning marathoner who trained for her first marathon with 3-hour run/walk sessions. In between these two extremes are thousands of runners who sometimes find a treadmill safer, friendlier and more motivational than outside running. Johanna Rees of Coronado, Calif., used a treadmill to begin her running program and, just one year later, finished a marathon in 3:43, after doing 95 percent of her training on a treadmill. Tip: If you're planning for a marathon or another race with some daunting hills on the course, you can use your treadmill's incline function to simulate those hills.

9. The ability to quantify workouts.

Want to know how many calories you've burned? Your heart rate? How fast you're running? The distance you've run to the hundredth of a mile? Only a treadmill can provide this precise data, and sometimes much more. A treadmill's "feedback" functions provide important training information, as well as motivation and entertainment during workouts. "I am a beginner, and the displays on the treadmill give me 'proof' of how far I've run," notes Heather Seymour of Stamford, Conn.

10. Musical motivation.

When you're on a treadmill, you don't have to worry about safety concerns or anyone else's musical tastes. Put on your portable tape or CD player and turn up the volume as high as you like. "Whatever type of music motivates you, let it blast away," suggests Bruce Kushner of Laurys Station, Pa. "As your heartbeat creeps up during a workout, it's easier to concentrate on music than on a passive medium like TV."

11. Incredible workout variety.

No road, track or trail has it all. Each is either too flat or too hilly, too hard or too soft. The treadmill has exactly what you want, when you want it. "With a little imagination, you can design treadmill workouts that are more variable and yet more precise than those you do on the road or track," says Owen Anderson, Ph.D., Runner's World's "Fast Lane" columnist.

12. The Zen of treadmill running.

Because a treadmill does so much for you, you can relax during your workout and not worry about traffic, potholes, ice, dogs or people yelling at you. Patrick McAndless of Richmond, B.C., says he can put himself into a meditative state by listening to his breathing and focusing on key body parts, from his head to his toes. "Before you know it, you've completed your workout," he notes. Wally Perez is more quantitative about his quiet time. "I exercise before work and use the time on the treadmill to organize my thoughts for the day, personally and professionally," says the Austin, Tex., runner.

Jolie Rouge
01-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Where is MM ?? :(

Dolly<3
01-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Shancopp
I WORKED OUT! Woohoo! Did 40 mins on the treadmill and 10 on the incumbent bike and 2 sets of 12 reps on the wt. machines. My housing area has an exercise room available to the residents out here. 3 treadmills/2 steppers/1 eliptical exerciser/2 weight centers/1 spinner bike and 1 incumbent bike. 7 yrs out here and never took advantage of it til now. Also, down 8 lbs after 9 days of Atkins! Yeah!

Way to go!!!! :D

chort1313
01-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Arugula is an aromatic, peppery salad green......................for who asked.. I lost track now!!!

WTG, Shan!!

YOu better start cooking, Amanda!! I'll email you super simple recipes if you want. I just woke up, that med knocked me out. I'm watching the Panthers give the RAMS a run for their money.

OH, very cute tater thing, jaybird. thank you!

flute
01-11-2004, 07:17 AM
ok I don't know if I've told ya'll lately my exercize, here goes: sammy ran me thursday, since my legs are jello since then all I've managed is, friday 5 minutes of stretches (yes katie couric, her work out is really good, anyone else tape that?)
yesterday: 30 minute walk around union station :eek: and then walk from union station to savvis & then walk back down to union station. (well after 2 hours of sitting on our touches, watching the sesame stret gang :p ) :)

Dolly<3
01-11-2004, 08:09 AM
My friend is ordering this stuff from Providia and she sent me a link to this quiz. It tells you what body type you have and how you lose/gain weight and what foods are best for you.

It described me to a T!

http://www.provida.com/6wk_jump.asp

I'm type B.
"As a Body Type B, your body builds and maintains lean muscle easily, which is good because muscle burns fat. Unfortunately, your metabolism is significantly slower than many of the other body types and that causes you to gain weight. The rate of your metabolism is the primary consideration in how your body gains or loses weight. The good news is: As a Type B, since you have plenty of muscle tissue to help you burn fat fast, once you use your custom eating plan to speed up your overall metabolic rate, you should see results extremely fast and have little trouble keeping the weight off after the program is done."

Dolly<3
01-11-2004, 08:15 AM
"Your Customized Eating Plan will use foods specifically chosen to work with your body chemistry in an accelerated eating schedule to “jumpstart” your metabolism so your body sheds fat quickly, revealing the sexy, shapely mesomorph (muscular) body underneath. For instance, like a Body Type A, you should stick to very complex carbs such as potatoes, yams and rice, and stay away from sweet fruits and breads. When it comes to proteins, the best choice for your Body Type is lean chicken or turkey breast, shrimp, crab and a variety of other seafoods. That’s because, as a Body Type B, you would do best to avoid red meats as it contains components which can increase muscle size and bulk you up. And the goal is to get smaller – not bigger. By eating the right combination of foods for your Body Type, you’ll be able to stop starving, start eating more and lose body fat faster than you ever thought possible."

I guess I need to look for recipes with these foods when I start cooking. :rolleyes:

chort1313
01-11-2004, 08:33 AM
sounds like we're the same way Amanda!! I'll email you those recipes. :D I'm going to take that quiz right now and see how I do!

gemini26
01-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Haha, I'm the same body type according to that survey thing.

Blackberry
01-11-2004, 04:47 PM

YOu better start cooking, Amanda!! I'll email you super simple recipes if you want.

Do you have easy healthy recepies? I'd love it if you could send some to me! my13ducks@mail2iceland.com

Thanks!!

janelle
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Get Stoked
Fifteen foods that fire up your metabolism
By Brian Good

The shortcut to losing weight? Fast food. Not the bad kind, but rather, edible amphetamines — foods that act like speed for the fat-melting motor known as our metabolism. Eat these foods and you're guaranteed to burn more calories... just by sitting there and listening to yourself digest. Only one catch: Like any good buzz, this boost is temporary. "The only way to alter your resting metabolism permanently is to gain or lose weight, or to build extra muscle," says Janet Walberg-Rankin, Ph.D., a professor of exercise physiology at Virginia Tech. But look at it this way: If you have a few of these supercharged snacks and drinks throughout the day, for enough days, you will lose weight. And that's if you're doing nothing. Imagine if you were to stop listening to your stomach serenading you and actually begin exercising, too? The blubber-busting possibilities are endless. So grab a fork; it's time to add fuel to the fire.

Metabolism Booster Pack #1: Milk, Whole-Grain Cereal, and Oatmeal
Secret Ingredients: Calcium, complex carbohydrates, and fiber

How they work: Complex carbohydrates and fiber pump up metabolism by keeping insulin levels low after you eat. That's good, because spikes in the production of insulin send a signal to the body that it's time to start storing fat. And in order to stockpile fat, your body has to slow down your metabolism, causing you to burn fewer calories, says Margaret McNurlan, Ph.D., a professor of nutrition and medicine at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Since oatmeal breaks down slowly in the stomach, it causes less of a spike in insulin levels than foods like bagels, she says.

Besides helping to keep insulin production down, eating breakfast can also help stoke your daily calorie burn. When the U.S. Navy studied the metabolisms and eating habits of a group of its personnel, it found that eating breakfast helped raise the men's metabolisms by as much as 10 percent. "By skipping meals, you slow down your metabolism and prime your body to store fat," says McNurlan.

The calcium in milk is a metabolic trigger as well. A University of Tennessee study found that dieters who consumed between 1,200 and 1,300 milligrams (mg) of calcium a day lost nearly twice as much weight as dieters getting less calcium.

Metabolism Booster Pack #2: Jalapeno, Habanero, and Cayenne Peppers
Secret Ingredient: Capsaicin — the chemical in peppers that gives them their bite

How it works: By speeding up your heart rate. A study from the late '80s found that eating a single spicy meal can boost your metabolism by up to 25 percent, with the spike in calorie burning lasting for up to 3 hours after you finish eating. More recently, a study from Laval University in Quebec found that men who consumed coffee plus red pepper-packed snacks and meals were able to burn nearly 1,000 more calories a day than a control group.

Small snacks can also help keep your body from running out of fuel — preventing those 3 p.m. office blahs. "When you restrict the number of calories your body has for fuel, your metabolic rate can drop temporarily," says Susan Roberts, Ph.D., chief of the energy-metabolism laboratory at Tufts University in Boston. That makes it easier to pack on the pounds and harder to burn them off again.

Metabolism Booster Pack #3: Green Tea and Coffee
Secret Ingredients: Caffeine and a chemical in the tea called EGCG

How they work: Caffeine helps speed up your heart rate. The faster your heart beats, the more calories you burn. EGCG works in a similar way, but instead of revving up your heart, it causes your brain and nervous system to run more quickly — again helping you burn more calories.

In studies, researchers found that a combination of caffeine and a 90-mg dose of EGCG taken three times a day can help you burn an extra 80 calories a day. And that's just when your body's at rest. A study conducted by the Canadian government found that soldiers who consumed caffeine in the 12 hours prior to a physical-fitness test not only were able to work out longer before becoming exhausted, but also consumed more oxygen while working out. The body's oxygen requirements are directly related to the speed of — guess what — your metabolism, so the more oxygen you use, the more calories you burn during your workout.

Metabolism Booster Pack #4: Lean Beef, Pork, Chicken, and Turkey
Secret Ingredient: Protein

How it works: It takes more energy for your body to digest the protein in meat than it does for it to digest carbohydrates or fat, according to Doug Kalman, R.D., director of nutrition at Miami Research Associates, a nationally recognized pharmaceutical-research facility. "That means that the more protein you eat, the harder your body has to work to digest it, and the more calories you'll burn in the process," he says.

When researchers at Arizona State University compared the benefits of a high-protein diet with those of a high-carbohydrate diet, they found that people who ate a high-protein diet burned more than twice as many calories in the hours following their meal as those eating carbs. Even better, researchers in Denmark found that men who substituted protein for 20 percent of the carbs in their diets were able to boost their metabolisms, increasing the number of calories they burned each day by up to 5 percent.

Metabolism Booster Pack #5: Salmon, Tuna, and Sardines
Secret Ingredient: Omega-3 fatty acids

How they work: By altering levels of a hormone called leptin in your body. Several recent studies suggest that leptin directly influences your metabolism, determining whether you burn calories or store them as fat.

Researchers at the University of Wisconsin found that mice with low leptin levels have faster metabolisms and are able to burn fat more quickly than animals with higher leptin levels. The best way to lower your leptin? Eat fish.

Mayo Clinic researchers studying the diets of two African tribes — one of which frequently ate fish and one of which didn't-found that fish eaters had leptin levels nearly five times lower than the levels found in tribes that primarily ate vegetables.

The good news, if you don't like fish: Fish-oil supplements may work just as well as the stuff with scales. French researchers found that men who replaced 6 grams of fat in their diets with 6 grams of fish oil were able to boost their metabolisms and lose an average of 2 pounds in just 12 weeks.

janelle
01-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the answer Chort.

I'm having all my wisdom teeth pulled out Tues. so I won't be eating for awhile. I ate movie popcorn and Krispy Kremes this week so that will be ok. This will help the diet. Hope I heal fast though.

I'm going to be out for it and I have to get antibiotics for my MVP but I'll get that with the knock-out drugs. Can't eat after midnight tomorrow, not even water.

My teeth don't bother me but the dentist said they are bothering the teeth in front of them. Hope the roots aren't very long. I had a whole head X-Ray done for it. It does show I do have a brain. LOL

chort1313
01-12-2004, 06:28 AM
I was wrong. I'm a Type C.

As a Body Type C, your body builds and maintains lean muscle easily, which is good because muscle burns fat. Additionally, your metabolism is not as sluggish as several of the other body types - unfortunately, it is still not fast enough to keep you lean. The rate of your metabolism is the primary consideration in how your body gains or loses weight. The good news is: As a Type C, since you have plenty of muscle tissue to help you burn fat fast, once you use your custom eating plan to speed up your overall metabolic rate, you should see results extremely fast and have little trouble keeping the weight off after the program is done.

HMMMM now the ? is, What is in his books I need to know?! !:)

chort1313
01-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Blackberry,
I wouldn't exactly call these healthy recipes, but I figure anything is healthier than eating out of a box! I'll email them to you and you can decide if you want to use them. They're just fast and super easy!

chort1313
01-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Sorry if posted already:
Eating Low Carb Hormones Balance Free Download Atkins Diet Recipes Book Low Carbohydrate

Adkins recipes:

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/locarb.htm
It's in adobe.

This was copied from Freebie Forum from Rosie Posie.

Dolly<3
01-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Where are my recipies Chort? :D I don't think there's anything in the books that you need to know. My friend ordered it and she's going to send them to me so I can scan them. I'll send you the type C stuff! BTW, you have a good type! Lucky! :p

jaybird
01-12-2004, 08:11 AM
I'm a body type D. Some really good information there, thanks for the links everyone!

124 this morning. Holding. Hitting it hard this week. Even dusted off the exercise bike and the dreadmill!!!

Ladytiger
01-12-2004, 08:41 AM
As a Body Type C, your body builds and maintains lean muscle easily, which is good because muscle burns fat. Additionally, your metabolism is not as sluggish as several of the other body types - unfortunately, it is still not fast enough to keep you lean. The rate of your metabolism is the primary consideration in how your body gains or loses weight. The good news is: As a Type C, since you have plenty of muscle tissue to help you burn fat fast, once you use your custom eating plan to speed up your overall metabolic rate, you should see results extremely fast and have little trouble keeping the weight off after the program is done.

Amanda-do you think that I could see the "C" stuff too?

I have been in bed the past few days, just dragging. I am so convinced that this is all thyroid related. I can't wait to get the results back. Last time this happened, when they adjusted the meds they the weight just fell off.
I am going to do the Atkins after I get adjusted. I went over it, and it's what I wanted to do any-cut carbs. Question is, does this help high cholestrol? THAT too can be from low thyroid.
Is everyone better with the colds and such?
Where is Da Pimp Man?

LYDIA! Are you here, haven't heard for you!

JB and Ravenlost-can you tell me how to upload images from different sites? I used to have a boomspeed account, but now you have to pay for it. What are some other sites that I can keep the images...I am having one of those days when I don't make much sense either. Waaaa

Have a couple more modules to finish for training, then I can start doing WAHA.

Well, that's what is going on here.

Dolly<3
01-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes, I'm not sure what all it is yet though. I didn't think it'd be much that we can't find online, but I like what it said about mine b/c it was like it knew me perfectly. So I wanna see what else it says/recommends. I'll scan whatever it has for y'all!

Dolly<3
01-12-2004, 08:56 AM
This is probably a stupid question, but how do you make a baked potato? :o

Do I just stick it in the oven until it's soft? Do I wrap it in foil? I've seen them wrapped in foil. Do I salt it?