PDA

View Full Version : My precious furbaby, gone from me forever

dobiesnj
12-28-2003, 09:11 PM
How much can one person's heart break? On Friday, 12/26 I lost my loving dog companion of 9 years, Lex. He was my buddy, my protector, my heart. He had Cushing's Disease, so I knew it would happen eventually, but the end came so fast, and so unexpectedly and I wasn't prepared yet.

He is the third dog I have lost in under a year. I loved them all, and miss them terribly, but Lex always had a special place in my heart. He was my shadow, my "son". I've been crying and crying, I can't sleep, all I do is dream about him. I know it will pass, and I know he's in a better place at Rainbow Bridge with his brothers and sister that went before him. I am lucky that I still have 3 other wonderful dog furbabies to love me and comfort me. They feel the loss too...they keep looking around the house for Lex.

I'm just so sad, my heart is hurting.

lovee777
12-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Hugggggggggggggggs

I am so sorry for your loss. My dogs are like my children too.
You will be in my prayers.

dobiesnj
12-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Thank you, lovee

twinkiesmom
12-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Awwww. I'm sorry. I gotta 14yr old cocker and last year, she ate something in the woods she wasn't s'posed to and it got her sick. I thought I really was gonna lose her then and I was hurtin. She is still w/me, but she is old and it'll happen soon. {{{dobiesnj}}}

dobiesnj
12-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks, chelle & twinkiesmom.

moe265
12-28-2003, 10:25 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to loose a pet. :( ((((Dobie))))

reneep45
12-28-2003, 11:58 PM
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) loosing a pet hurts so bad ,, i know ! i'll be there again soon , Saffy , my american bulldog is not doing well & she's only here cause i keep holding on , trying different treatments & hoping she will get better . She is my best friend, i love her , she loves me ! i can't imagine life without her , we've been thru so much together but i'm going to halft to let her go , she is suffering & i don't want that, i love her too much !

HumblePie98
12-29-2003, 05:59 AM
(((((dobiesnj)))))

MsLynn
12-29-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm crying with you, my dog had puppies, and one of them died, i know that i should be happy that 9 out of 10 survived, but it just kills me to loose one. I know Lex will forever be in your heart and it takes so long to actually completely realize he's gone, when you hear something or see a dog that looks like him it takes you that split second to realize hes gone and your heart breaks all over again.

prayers are with you

hotwheelstx
12-29-2003, 08:52 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a toy poodle that is over 20 years old. I know it won't be to much longer for her. She's my best friend, knows me inside/out, loves me w/out saying a word. Been thru a lot together.

I know how much it hurts. I've lost other pets as well. They are in a much better place w/out any pain.

I hope your ache is subsided in knowing that Lex misses you as well. Knows how much he was loved by you. They really do understand.

((((((((((hugs to you)))))))))))

schsa
12-29-2003, 10:54 AM
There is a pet cemetary on Red Bank Road. If you haven't done anything with the body you could have it buried there.

Call me.

Kelsey1224
12-29-2003, 01:18 PM
I am so sorry. Pet's are frequently better to us than our family.

suher99
12-29-2003, 02:27 PM
(((hugs)))

dobiesnj
12-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts, everyone. It means a lot to me.
I was able to pick up Lex's ashes today, so in a way, he is still here with me. I know he's happy and healthy at the Bridge, running around like a little puppy again.

Schsa, I'll call you. Pet Rest on Red Bank Road took loving care of Lex for me. My vet referred me to them and took care of everything.
Thanks for thinking of me!

And to everyone, a much better year ahead for all of us!!

Willow
12-29-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

dobiesnj
12-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Thank you, Patchouli

marcy122
12-30-2003, 03:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there too many times--what a tough time.
hugs to you

brumzoo
12-30-2003, 06:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your best friend is never easy.
{{{{{dobiesnj & Lex}}}}}

Linus1223
12-30-2003, 09:32 AM
I still miss my dog that died two years ago.

"The only time he hurt me was when he left me."

dobiesnj
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Thank you, you guys are great :)

mamabear_93930
12-30-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your lost:(

Merry99%
12-31-2003, 01:00 AM
((((((Hugs))))) I'm sorry for your loss and hope you have some great memories.

coupongal
12-31-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm so very sorry for the pain you are in, and the loss of your dear Lex... I lost my cocker spaniel, Taffy, a few years ago. I still miss her so much (she was 13 yrs old, and got confused, ran out and got hit by a car) But, I have to say, the pain does slow up some, with the passage of time. I was inconsoleable, at first. Then, I started to visualize my little Taffy Cookie with my dear Aunt who had passed away, several months before Taffy. She had just loved my little dog, and ALWAYS fussed over her so much. So, I envisioned Aunt Helen running and playing and laughing(giving her LOTS of treats!!:p ) with Taffy, taking good care of her, and not letting Taffy get frightened of being without me... That REALLY did help me a lot, and I would make SURE I pulled up those images as frequently as I needed to, to get me past those rough, rough first months. I also found some really cute photos of Taffy with me and with my girls and got them framed. I put them in a very conspicuous place, so we could see them frequently. It did help me to see those photos of Taffy looking happy and content. I wish you peace and comfort in this most difficult time....

dobiesnj
12-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Thank you so much, mama, merry and coupongal, your words mean so much to me. :)

SpazAttak
01-01-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your pet. I know exactly how you feel and it's very heartbreaking :( >hugs<